JJCUE stand up cases - junk without support

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with other posts .,...after 18 months how can you expect warranty.,.also I'm not knocking the brand of case but you also get what you pay for especially when looking to buy for "long term" .,.. When buying for long term it's best to shell out some cheese one time rather than paying out small sums 2-3 times imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stefan where is the price point for buying a "good" product? If I bought a brand new car and scraped the paint. Went to an auto body shop and was told can't Mach the color. Took it to the dealer and they said , sorry go to the manufacturer. Went to the manufacturer and they said sorry we just deal with dealers. What would you do? Paint it with an off color and drive it around then go back to eating cheese? This all assuming 18 months after purchase.

Me? I take a picture of the car, post in auto review forum and get rid of the car. Ok, so it was a cheap car, but I assumed I could fix or repair it if needed. Because I got the money to do it and many others do not.

Everyone should participate in this. If people don't document their experiences how are others to know what is a good product and what is not.

You are a perfect example of people who just surrender their rights as a consumer. Role over and blame themselves.

Case Review Forums are to share product experiences. Part of that is quality and sevice.

The way the case was made, gluing the vinyl onto the case, makes it impossible to restore the handle to original condition. I could get someone to get a handle back on it but again, I would be continuing to support a bad product and people who sell it.

This is a consumer reports for pool cue cases.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
I think the original poster was ripped off. Even if he says "Yeah, I deliberately broke the handle," the retailer and original manufacturer should offer to, a) repair the product or, b) offer an alternate that is acceptable to the buyer.
There is no law that states that a retailer or original manufacturer can't charge a customer ("customer," a sacred entity) for a repair, instead of offering lame excuses.
18 months? The time period of use means nothing, Nothing!
It's all a matter of CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Shoot Safe.

John

Really? Would you pay to have it shipped back to China? That's where it was made. I once pissed off Atlas Billards and they suspended my account. You know what? They were correct in doing so. There comes a point where a person isn't worth the headache.

My friend works at a spa and the complainers always get some sort of discount because THEY felt something wasn't quite right. You know what the regular customers, who are always nice and tip well because they appreciate service get? A full bill.

That case isn't worth repair....end of story. I don't know how it was put together, but it would have to come apart and noone is going to want to pay the labor to get it fixed.

What business do you own? I'd like to complain and get some free stuff:thumbup:

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Stefan where is the price point for buying a "good" product? If I bought a brand new car and scraped the paint. Went to an auto body shop and was told can't Mach the color. Took it to the dealer and they said , sorry go to the manufacturer. Went to the manufacturer and they said sorry we just deal with dealers. What would you do? Paint it with an off color and drive it around then go back to eating cheese? This all assuming 18 months after purchase.

Me? I take a picture of the car, post in auto review forum and get rid of the car. Ok, so it was a cheap car, but I assumed I could fix or repair it if needed. Because I got the money to do it and many others do not.

Everyone should participate in this. If people don't document their experiences how are others to know what is a good product and what is not.

You are a perfect example of people who just surrender their rights as a consumer. Role over and blame themselves.

Case Review Forums are to share product experiences. Part of that is quality and sevice.

The way the case was made, gluing the vinyl onto the case, makes it impossible to restore the handle to original condition. I could get someone to get a handle back on it but again, I would be continuing to support a bad product and people who sell it.

This is a consumer reports for pool cue cases.

This is just one bad argument on your part after another.....

I don't know of any body shop dumb enough to claim they can perfectly match paint, even if it's a solid. I've worked at body shops and it aint gonna happen. Even with the color code, sometimes there are 10 variations a half a dozen colors that make up a solid. My black had seven.

NOBODY IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD PROMISE YOU SUCH THINGS....well unless you are color blind, but then there is the risk that someone you know is not.

But hey, you are the kind of guy who would jump on the keyboard if promised the color would be as close as possible and it was a hair off.

At last, the cost to repaint a panel is 3-500 bucks and it would probably be worth it to fix. Your case is not.

<<<<trying to earn a seat at the party!!>>>>>>>

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is just one bad argument on your part after another.....

I don't know of any body shop dumb enough to claim they can perfectly match paint, even if it's a solid. I've worked at body shops and it aint gonna happen. Even with the color code, sometimes there are 10 variations a half a dozen colors that make up a solid. My black had seven.

NOBODY IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD PROMISE YOU SUCH THINGS....well unless you are color blind, but then there is the risk that someone you know is not.

But hey, you are the kind of guy who would jump on the keyboard if promised the color would be as close as possible and it was a hair off.

At last, the cost to repaint a panel is 3-500 bucks and it would probably be worth it to fix. Your case is not.

<<<<trying to earn a seat at the party!!>>>>>>>

It brings me great pleasure to post the following instroke warranty:

Instroke:

If after 12 months you have a problem with an Instroke cue case, we still
want to know about it. You may either take the case to the retailer you
purchased it from or return it to us directly. We will determine what is
wrong with the case and advise you how best to fix the problem. We will
either repair or replace the defective case for a nominal fee.

Instroke cases are guaranteed as long as proof exists of legitimate purchase
from an authorized dealer, either with a copy of the original purchase
receipt or by having registered the case with us at time of purchase.
Authorized dealers are retailers serviced by any of our authorized wholesale
partners who display this logo:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a link for a vinyl 3x5 under $170:
http://www.seyberts.com/products/3X5_Black_Premier_Case-1042-183.html

pescadoman... are you saying they are not in there right mind? I bet JB has the same support.

pescadoman, now that you have no point at all. I am absolutely certain you will respond with some type of mania.

And yes this is fun, I truly enjoying this.

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion, after 18 months it is no longer Nielsen's problem, if it ever was to begin with.

Instroke:

I'm sorry jka, what were you saying?

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
18-months out of a vinyl case isn't too bad.
You get what you pay for.
I'm surprised that you think an imported vinyl case should be fixed under warranty after 18-months.
I would never expect Nielson's to give me a new case after 18=months
The same thing happened to one of my Instroke leather cases, and nobody is going to fix it under warranty

Actually you are totally wrong. Instroke backs their product indefinitely. Link below has a 3x5 for under $170. BoooYAAAA!

Instroke:

jka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, well that is why I paid for an Instroke. If you had done a little research prior to your purchase, you might have learned which cases are recommended and which ones you should stay away from. I highly doubt that anyone on this forum would have recommended a J&J. Nielsen's sells a wide range of products. I have bought from them several times. They sell to a wide range of customers as well. A case like you bought would serve someone well collecting dust after the new and uninformed player who bought it quit after six months. Sorry, but this is your fault. Quit trying to pass the blame, buy a new case with your newfound knowledge, and please, stop voting Democrat.

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, well that is why I paid for an Instroke.

Let me help you here. It appears above you are implying that J&J is less money than Instroke.

http://www.seyberts.com/products/3X5...-1042-183.html

Its not. Basically the same price. You might have to copy and past the link above to follow.

If you had done a little research prior to your purchase, you might have learned which cases are recommended and which ones you should stay away from.

There was no information available on any site regarding this case... But there is now.:eek:

I highly doubt that anyone on this forum would have recommended a J&J.

You do know the rules of this Case Review Forum don't allow people to request advice?

Nielsen's sells a wide range of products. I have bought from them several times. They sell to a wide range of customers as well. A case like you bought would serve someone well collecting dust after the new and uninformed player who bought it quit after six months.

JKA - Dude.. you really have to stop helping me here. Neilsen's sells 3x5 Instrokes for the same price as this 3x5 J&J. Both are vinyl. So you're point is a person doesn't know if he is selling them a quality product or crap. Well you certainly got me there. THANK YOU!

http://www.seyberts.com/products/3X5...-1042-183.html

Sorry, but this is your fault. Quit trying to pass the blame, buy a new case with your new found knowledge, and please, stop voting Democrat.

Good point regarding my new found knowledge. I'm between a leather Instroke or JB. 2x4.

Damn Democrats. They're going to have the the presidency locked up for another 8 years. Nothing worse than a bunch of people who can read and vote.:thumbup:

Oh, and Joe the plumber wasn't a licensed plumber... Just a heads up.:grin: (Maybe he's going to run this year)

Me? I'm voting for Ted Cruze. Anyone named Ted has to be has to be a good guy.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I've dealt with Joerackem on ebay a few times, good seller. After 18 months I wouldn't even of asked them, just found out who made it and see if they could help me.

You are blaming a product defect on a retailer, who can't help you. And its been a year and half since your purchased it.

The instroke premier is about the only vinyl low end case that is worth a shit. I've got a sterling its 2 years old and seams are coming apart. I'm not complaining about it to the place I brought it from, and probably won't to sterling. I knew it was a lower end case when I purchased it.

Last edited:

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instroke has an excellent warranty. Regardless of what price you pay for the case or how long you have owned it.. instroke has a case for the same as what I paid for this piece of crap. Joe sold it to me. These are the facts surrounding this review. I don't know anything about Sterling.

Go Cubs!

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A case that falls apart after only 18 months of light use is a junk. Here in Europe the manufacturer have to offer a warranty of at least 24 months.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Good point

After doing my homework I found a great manufacturer that backs their product no matter who sells it.

Instroke:

Actually there is another company that goes farther. We give a full lifetime warranty.

J&J is the manufacturer here...They have these cases made for themselves. So passing the buck is bs.

That said you can't expect a warranty where none is offered. I agree with you that the handles should not break like that. It costs a small amount to make them virtually unbreakable. But the el cheapo knockoff companies won't do what it takes to provide that level of durability.

And retailers should demand that level of quality to protect their customers but many don't care and simply want to sell the highest discount products so they can turn them at high volume when giving "discounts" to consumers.

As you see this case has cost you$200 for 18 months of use and now aggravation on top of it.

With a JB Case for example you spend$200 for years of use to the point that if something breaks from daily heavy use you are almost embarrassed to make a warranty claim. With light use the JB Case literally lasts forever with better cue protection every day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I never used the word slander, so what's your point?

You avoid answering the simple question of how long you think they should be responsible.

JB makes a pretty good case and his warranty is one year. Are you saying the same thing about him? Would he fix your case if he made it? If he wanted to charge you, would that make him a bad guy? A new strap can be put on that case if you wanted one but, as I already stated, it most likely is not cost effective.

This is all a bit of fun, but your "story" holds water like a paper bag.

You think Nielson and JJCues should be responsible for fixing your case, yet you took it to a leather repair guy first/tried to fix it yourself? If you really thought it was a defect, even after the unreasonable amount of time we are talking about, wouldn't those two be your first call instead of driving around to leather shops?

At first you didn't say you contacted JJ, but now suddenly you do.

Only YOU know how your case was treated in the year and a half you've owned it. Your attitude here suggests you might get grumpy when things don't go your way. Nearly EVERYONE I know uses shoulder straps unless grabbing their case out of a car. Maybe yours got stuck in between or behind a seat?

What EXACTLY were the circumstances when you ripped the handle apart. I ripped things before and, to be honest, once they began to rip I stopped.

This has become an amusement and I can't wait to hear what you have to say now..

I hope that helps Ted
Our warranty is lifetime.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I agree with other posts .,...after 18 months how can you expect warranty.,.also I'm not knocking the brand of case but you also get what you pay for especially when looking to buy for "long term" .,.. When buying for long term it's best to shell out some cheese one time rather than paying out small sums 2-3 times imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should reasonably expect handles to last pretty much forever on cases. The ability to build them super strong is something any shop can do easily.

Any less is akin to fraud in cue cases in my opinion because most of the time handles are not easy to have repaired in the field.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a damn JB Rugged or Ultimate Rugged & you'll be set for life. Unless you're only 2 years old or either you drag it behind your car to the pool hall !!!