Anyone heard of fenix cases?

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one of their cases and I think the leatherwork was quite good quality. Stiching was uniform and well done, construction seemed very solid. I loved the strap design, I found it simple and elegant despite not being adjustable, though I am sure they would modify the strap size for a nominal fee if any. Leather was high quality and tooling was well done.Pockets had both a clasp and side zipper. I would definitely not put it in the low end category I think it is significantly nicer than say a Instroke leather case. It is not as elegant and constructed as well as a Whitten. But I think it would be durable and long lasting. I would classify them as a strong value

It is a tube case and I feeel the overall protection was adequate though not as good as a JB case. I am not as huge of a fan of the Ultrapad interior as many are, but it is better than the tubes in the Fenix. That said barring a truly catastrophic event I would expect the Fenix case to protect your cue very well for years.

Unfortunately the case I bought was damaged in shipment. Customer service has been excellent despite the language and time differences (they are in Portugal) They took the case back with no issue though getting DHL to pick it up was a bit of a PITA. They are crediting the case to a custom western Dragon themed case that they are building.

I would give them a fairly enthusiastic recommendation.

Last edited:

limache

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds great - do you have a photo of your case?

So tube case - that's different from the envelope case right? I was interested in the envelope one.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

limache

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does yours have a pocket for a jump cue butt?

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds great - do you have a photo of your case?

So tube case - that's different from the envelope case right? I was interested in the envelope one.

So sorry I have not responded to this thread as of now. As I mentioned, my case had been damaged by DHL and Fenix agreed to take it back and make another, with a different design, Unfortunately, it seems like they are growing really quickly and have had some growing pains needing to buy new equipment and moving their facilities, so I have not actually received the new case yet. But I think it will be awesome.

Yes they seem to make 2 types of cases a hard case and an envelope case I got the envelope and I thought it was very nice. Leather was high quality and workmanship was good. Seemed like it would last well..

Mine did not have a specific jump butt pocket but they do that. I really really liked the strap design it was really simple and elegant.

They are supposed to be up and running again soon. I would recommend their cases.

Attachments

• 16441344_622909191242566_1937426922_n.jpg
    16441344_622909191242566_1937426922_n.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 16111882_663590233802277_882360559_n.jpg
    16111882_663590233802277_882360559_n.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 417
  • 16443433_622909214575897_1967602895_n.jpg
    16443433_622909214575897_1967602895_n.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 428

wimpy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very good people to do business with. I would highly recommend them

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an update that Fenix has fallen off the map. All of their promises turned out to essentially be lies and I with a lot of others were left completely holding the bag. They stopped communicating altogether and I was left with a broken case. I sold it for less than half I bought it (the person who bought it was able to fix it) but overall what started as a great experience with a company making really good cases became a nightmare. Avoid at all costs at this point.