JJCUE stand up cases - junk without support

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
uploadfromtaptalk1427406067424.jpg
J&J PC35X-4 3x5 Pool Cue Case with Stand

I had this 3x5 case (PC35X) for 18 months before the handle broke off. Took it to the leather shop, they said it couldn't be fixed. They pointed me back to where I bought it. That was an eBay account ran by joerackem-Nielsen's Billiards. After a couple of emails with no reply I called them. They said, "We just sell them." Gave me JJcue.com phone number. I called JJcue and they pointed me back to the seller and said they were strictly a wholesaler.

After a complaint written through my eBay account to Joerackem@aol.com, he effectively threatened to sue me for slander if I told anyone.

Bottom line here is if you're buying a case for the long hall avoid this product. It can't be repaired. My use was very light.

I wasn't expecting my money back, just help or suggestions to repair. I just had no idea I was buying something that could not effectively be repaired.

Update 3/27/15 11:31cst

Last I checked this is a Cue Case Review forum. This is my review of this product and the service (no service) I received. The facts are as follows.
1. I bought a case from Nielson's. @ $170.
2. After 18 months The handle fell off.
3. Attempted to repair it on my own.
4. Contacted the seller (told to contact the wholesaler)
5. Contacted the Wholesaler - JJcue.com (told we don't work on cases)
6. Product can not be repaired.
7. Posted my results on the Cue Case Review Forum.

Since this case has not been reviewed on the forum I would consider it a valuable addition. Per several posters, I am attempting to make others "aware" of performance of this product and the retail sellers who will distribute it. Based on the feedback from this thread it appears the weight is too much for the vinyl handle.

Update:

The following is a very good product similar to what I purchased with a life time warranty. There will be some costs involved but they can still fix your case.

Instroke:

We have a very low rate of defect with Instroke custom cue cases. However,
life is not perfect and neither are we and occasionally we do slip up. So
here is our promise or “Warranty”. Instroke products are Money-Back
Guarantee for the first thirty days after purchase, case must be returned
to seller. After 30 days, we will repair or replace any product, which is
defective due to a manufacturing error free of charge for a period of
twelve months after the purchase dates. Customer is responsible for
shipping case to and from repair facility. All repairs are to be sent to
Instroke Repair Dept., 11174E Nebo Hill Road, Nevada, Mo 64772.
Ph. 888-806-0275.

If after 12 months you have a problem with an Instroke cue case, we still
want to know about it. You may either take the case to the retailer you
purchased it from or return it to us directly. We will determine what is
wrong with the case and advise you how best to fix the problem. We will
either repair or replace the defective case for a nominal fee.

Instroke cases are guaranteed as long as proof exists of legitimate purchase
from an authorized dealer, either with a copy of the original purchase
receipt or by having registered the case with us at time of purchase.
Authorized dealers are retailers serviced by any of our authorized wholesale
partners who display this logo:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a link for an Instroke vinyl 3x5 under $170, great warranty:
http://www.seyberts.com/products/3X5_Black_Premier_Case-1042-183.html

Last edited:

jka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion, after 18 months it is no longer Nielsen's problem, if it ever was to begin with.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
In my opinion, after 18 months it is no longer Nielsen's problem, if it ever was to begin with.

This is 100% correct. 18 months?? If YOU sold the case and 18 months later someone wanted it fixed....would you?

Furthermore, I have to wonder how a piece of leather suddenly tears. The other side of that handle, and the rest of the case, look to be in good shape.

ALL THAT ASIDE, did you ever call J and J? Go buy a leather jacket somewhere and, after a year and a half, tell the store a pocket tore, you want them to fix it, and let me know what they say.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
cant be repaired but cant a leather shop make you a piece to replace the broken one?
doesn't look all that difficult a piece to make another, probably stronger of you ask them to make it that way being that it broke once before

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all I did try to fix case. They go for about 180 now. It's in great shape. I'll sell it to you for $50 np. JJ is strictly whole sale. I know you would love this case. Me? Well lets say I'm not firm on the price. Apparently they sell a lot of these cases. (This is a thread for reviews) I'm sure there are people out there who have this case.

Instroke has a great lifetime warranty for a vinyl case same size of what I bought.

Instroke:

This is a link for a vinyl 3x5 under $170:

Last edited:

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't shoot the messenger. Functionally I liked the case. Not willing to buy more than one. It's about service. You take care of people who take care of you. And it is not leather. Not even close to leather. I went to this shop for help. They wouldn't touch it. I'm sure I could find a plan B, someone to fix it. I'm not going to Jimmy rig a solution and then carry it around. Plus it would be supporting a builder and sellers of a product that sucks. If I didn't like the case I wouldn't care. The materials are not put together in away to maintain or support. I cannot restore it. Think about it. Would you buy another product that didn't perform well? I never asked for anything but help. All I got was. "We don't support the product we sell." Good Luck. Serious about selling the case. As is. Lol

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Don't shoot the messenger. Functionally I liked the case. Not willing to buy more than one. It's about service. You take care of people who take care of you. And it is not leather. Not even close to leather. I went to this shop for help. They wouldn't touch it. I'm sure I could find a plan B, someone to fix it. I'm not going to Jimmy rig a solution and then carry it around. Plus it would be supporting a builder and sellers of a product that sucks. If I didn't like the case I wouldn't care. The materials are not put together in away to maintain or support. I cannot restore it. Think about it. Would you buy another product that didn't perform well? I never asked for anything but help. All I got was. "We don't support the product we sell." Good Luck. Serious about selling the case. As is. Lol

18-months out of a vinyl case isn't too bad.
You get what you pay for.
I'm surprised that you think an imported vinyl case should be fixed under warranty after 18-months.
I would never expect Nielson's to give me a new case after 18=months
The same thing happened to one of my Instroke leather cases, and nobody is going to fix it under warranty

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm the rube who bought a product that didn't last two years. I should have known. Ahhh. But this is the first review on this maker on this forum. Maybe just maybe, some in the market will think twice. Any case you buy for under $200 will likely not last long. And won't be repairable. Nice. What do people expect for that kind of money?

UPDATE.

This is an example of a reputable manufacturer:

Instroke:

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I'm the rube who bought a product that didn't last two years. I should have known. Ahhh. But this is the first review on this maker on this forum. Maybe just maybe, some in the market will think twice. Any case you buy for under $200 will likely not last long. And won't be repairable. Nice. What do people expect for that kind of money?

I've done it, now I don't use the handles with all that weight, especially a thin vinyl handle like that one.

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great point. What case are you using? And thank you for confirming that I'm not the brightest bulb. A vinyl handle on a case of this size is very likely to fail. Who wouldn't know that? What are you using?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Great point. What case are you using? And thank you for confirming that I'm not the brightest bulb. A vinyl handle on a case of this size is very likely to fail. Who wouldn't know that? What are you using?

Whitten, It's George, Justis, OnQ, Dennis Swift, Ron Thomas, Fellini Centennial, and Instroke
I sold all but 2 of my Vinyl cases.
Giuseppe makes a good vinyl case

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
... And thank you for confirming that I'm not the brightest bulb. ...

I'm not sure if you are actually reviewing the case as much as you are slamming joerackem-Nielsen's Billiards (where you purchased the case). That's how I see your original post.

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good point. Both the whole sale and retail sellers are making money from an unaware consumer. Both have a choice of what they sell and how they do business.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Good point. Both the whole sale and retail sellers are making money from an unaware consumer. Both have a choice of what they sell and how they do business.

And consumer CAN be more aware and educated about what they buy and from whom.

As others pointed out, I'm not sure what you are expecting from Nielsen's Billiard after owning and using the case for 1 1/2 year.

There are many other people who've had very positive experience (and good price) purchasing from them. You can find a lot of threads on AZ.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
A cheap case won't last....buy quality. That's all that is is a cheap product. I've been carrying an old Instroke for years and nothing like this has ever happened. There are lots more quality cases/manufacturers out there and TONS of info and reviews on the web....and forums like this to solicit input from players and experts in the industry. Do your research and be an informed consumer.

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Color me crazy here but this is exactly where I'm going. For @ $200 what cases are worth buying? IMO JJ is not one of them.

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A cheap case won't last....buy quality. That's all that is is a cheap product. I've been carrying an old Instroke for years and nothing like this has ever happened. There are lots more quality cases/manufacturers out there and TONS of info and reviews on the web....and forums like this to solicit input from players and experts in the industry. Do your research and be an informed consumer.
Good point

After doing my homework I found a great manufacturer that backs their product no matter who sells it.

Instroke:

Last edited:

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And consumer CAN be more aware and educated about what they buy and from whom.

As others pointed out, I'm not sure what you are expecting from Nielsen's Billiard after owning and using the case for 1 1/2 year.

There are many other people who've had very positive experience (and good price) purchasing from them. You can find a lot of threads on AZ.
Excellent point about being more aware. Because even a vendor selling good products like Nielson will gladly sell you a very not so good product. That is why I'm posting about the not so good product. It's part of making others AWARE.

And here is a manufacture who sells low price cases with a lifetime warranty:

Instroke:

Last edited:

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member

You wanted a retailer to "help" you with the repair. In my book, that falls under warranty. You NEVER called J and J correct? Sounds like you got mad for the reasonable reply the retailer gave you and then just wanted to bash them here.

Not everyone can be Walmart and if you called me with the same issue, I'd tell you exactly what he did.

As for quality. I bought an Instroke on here for 150.00 and it's just fine. The feet are all falling off, which seems par for the course with these, but I could really care less. Point being is I would buy a used case before I'd buy one that wouldn't last me 20 years....

I'm sorry about your bad experience, but it's time to move on.