stout case

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a tiny bit more you can get a real JB Rugged case. Do that! JBCases.com...they're pretty much the most functional case you can find.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
For a tiny bit more you can get a real JB Rugged case. Do that! JBCases.com...they're pretty much the most functional case you can find.

With a lifetime warranty as well. Which is something you will need if you buy a copy of a JB Case that was only superficially copied. Kind of like a kit car with a lawnmower engine.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would have to be really hard up for a dollar to NOT get a JB Basic Rugged Case. There's not a case on this planet, for any amount, that will give better protection !!!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow...talk about a copy... :rolleyes:

I had not seen those, just went and looked.

Buy the JB case. Period.

Kind of like a kit car with a lawnmower engine.
:D:D:D Funny!

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
You would have to be really hard up for a dollar to NOT get a JB Basic Rugged Case. There's not a case on this planet, for any amount, that will give better protection !!!

Maybe, but it's, how should I say it, fugly, yeah that's the word. To each his own.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are plenty of ugly cue cases in the world, but I don't think any of the simply colored Ruggeds could be called that. Simple, plain, sure....but not ugly. Nothing like the Wave cases that came in terrible color combos. And they're just so functional they make up for their plainness in practicality. That's why you see lots of pros using them lately...Sky, Berg, Duel have all been using Rugged cases last I saw on streams.

While not as pretty as my Fields case, I have one of these on the way and I think it's a fine looking case.

https://jbcases.com/stock-cases/2x5-3x4-ultimate-rugged-15729.html

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue case on Seybert's Billiards Supply, identified as a "Stout" case, is a "rip-off" of another man's (John Barton) sweat! If Seybert's had any integrity, they would drop the case from their inventory. Fat chance of that happening.
I have one of Mr. Barton's cue cases and it is a beautiful work of art. It is everything that Mr. Barton says it is—and more.
I hope that Mr. Barton has enough patent protection that he can go after Seybert's.

Unless, of course, John Barton is selling his Rugged cases to Seybert's!
(Rugged and Stout are synonyms.)

Dave

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The cue case on Seybert's Billiards Supply, identified as a "Stout" case, is a "rip-off" of another man's (John Barton) sweat! If Seybert's had any integrity, they would drop the case from their inventory. Fat chance of that happening.
I have one of Mr. Barton's cue cases and it is a beautiful work of art. It is everything that Mr. Barton says it is—and more.
I hope that Mr. Barton has enough patent protection that he can go after Seybert's.

Unless, of course, John Barton is selling his Rugged cases to Seybert's!
(Rugged and Stout are synonyms.)

Dave

We do not make the Stout cases and have nothing to do with them. I have however talked to Seyberts and we will be selling them Rugged cases again. I had stopped two years ago when our capacity had dropped below what I need to be able to supply them consistently.

Now we can and so soon you will see JB Cases back online at Seyberts.

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not only does Mr. Barton make the very popular line of Rugged cases he is a great advocate of providing a case as the customer desires.
His many leather cases can be seen on his website using this link.
https://jbcases.com/casesbyname.html
Many of them were designed by the customer.:thumbup:
There are so many styles and options, one might not know where to start when deciding on a design.

Thanks for the great semi-custom case you made for me, Mr. Barton.

Dave
PS And for anyone who can't find a case to his or her liking on that site, I ask you to provide a photo or link to a case you DO like.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 11.48.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 11.48.06 AM.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 955

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now we can and so soon you will see JB Cases back online at Seyberts.

I bought a 2/5 black Rugged and a 2 tone Flowers from Seybert's. They had a small inventory and sold out real fast. The Stout is a good look
alike. JB cases are the real deal. To own one is have 1st class quality. Id like to see Seyberts selling them again. Place an order and it's immediately shipped.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dragon Case

Personally, I thin this case from JB Cases is absolutely gorgeous:

http://www.jbcases.com/dragon.html

Would love one with an ice dragon blue/white theme with a "tubed" sleeve interior like what was discussed a little in the sleeves or tubes thread.

Also, any of the JB Mason or History cases are great in my view.

In terms of the ruggeds, I think they ft their name. They seem very well quality and stand out against other cases and look better in person.

Locotone07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he is a great advocate of providing a case as the customer desires.

Advocate? Maybe. Execution, in my experience was less than satisfactory . I paid in full for a custom leather case, what his site states could take up to 8 weeks became almost SIX months, with NO case. I had no choice but to open a PayPal dispute just before the six month limit to get my money back. During that six months, whenever I asked about my case's progress, he made me feel like I was a bother rather than a valued costumer. While his cases may protect well, his interaction with me was less than pleasant. Got nothing but nice things to say about both Karen and Matt, but John is a different story.

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Advocate? Maybe. Execution, in my experience was less than satisfactory . I paid in full for a custom leather case, what his site states could take up to 8 weeks became almost SIX months, with NO case. I had no choice but to open a PayPal dispute just before the six month limit to get my money back. During that six months, whenever I asked about my case's progress, he made me feel like I was a bother rather than a valued costumer. While his cases may protect well, his interaction with me was less than pleasant. Got nothing but nice things to say about both Karen and Matt, but John is a different story.

Your experience is new to me and I hope it does not reflect what most purchasers of JB Cases have to say about him recently. I did read some very early posts about Mr. Barton that were not favorable, but not recently until yours.
I did receive a very splendid semi-custom Rugged case about three weeks ago and it was everything and more of what I had expected. Matt had processed the order and called me about it and he even emailed me when the case was shipped nine days after I had ordered it.
Everything about my JB Rugged case is of the utmost quality and craftsmanship and at a very affordable price. I know I sound like a shill, but when I get a quality product I am most grateful.
Dave

Last edited: