jb rugged versus instroke premier case

coltstudd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi having a hard time on which 2x4 case to get,your input would help.pro's and con's on the make.thanks

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi having a hard time on which 2x4 case to get,your input would help.pro's and con's on the make.thanks
Rugged has it all over the Instroke. Cues are secure & will NOT fall out. Case is MUCH more durable, smaller, lighter. Also, nearly unlimited options how you want it set up !!!

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rugged has it all over the Instroke. Cues are secure & will NOT fall out. Case is MUCH more durable, smaller, lighter. Also, nearly unlimited options how you want it set up !!!
P.S. ~ Go for the 2x5/3x4. Also, if you choose rugged be sure & opt for the top handle, it's standard on ultimate
!!!

Last edited:

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one of JB Cases's, the RUGGED in the 2X3 configuration.

Some videos about the "cue protection" that one gets with a JB RUGGED case are attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSynkrHvNVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV4lyypc-k0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDq860sCVCY

At minute 4:30, Mr Barton says that the JB RUGGED 2X3 can function as a 2X4 (two butts, four shafts). But he also states a “disclaimer”.
I have not tried it because I do not have four shafts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYNJdbOYOYI

Dave

Last edited:

coltstudd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well my jb ultimate rugged case came yesterday,got the all black 2x5 3x4,so glad i went with this case,very well made and i am very happy with it.thanks for all the input.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well my jb ultimate rugged case came yesterday,got the all black 2x5 3x4,so glad i went with this case,very well made and i am very happy with it.thanks for all the input.
I forgot to mention to get ANY color except a black interior. I use it as a 2x4, tips up, joint pin down, jp's on all
!!!

Last edited:

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
I own one of the instroke buffalo series cases. I have no problems whatsoever with butt and shaft retention. Everything seems quite well protected by the full length tubes. If I had one complaint it would be the stitching. I would have liked to see double stitching throughout. Mr. Barton makes a fine case....no doubt about it.....but instroke is worthy of a look IMHO.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I own one of the instroke buffalo series cases. I have no problems whatsoever with butt and shaft retention. Everything seems quite well protected by the full length tubes. If I had one complaint it would be the stitching. I would have liked to see double stitching throughout. Mr. Barton makes a fine case....no doubt about it.....but instroke is worthy of a look IMHO.
Be careful about this recommendation. Instroke has changed the amount of padding in their cases since I left. Now cues do rattle and are not as secure as they used to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

KWilliams

Registered
2x3 Ultimate Rugged on order!! All the YouTube videos and reviews here convinced me to place an order.

153d5ed59f86d38cb866202725f32440.jpg

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've own a Rugged 2x3 and it's a very very nice looking case. However, it is not perfect. One issue is the fabric comprising the top handle can wear and start to fray at the seams over time. When I noticed this, I added more stitching to reinforce it which seems to have worked. Other than that, its a classy case which will keep your cues very snug and safe.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Bank it. If you're going to be needlessly negative and sarcastic you should at least know what you're talking about. If cues have joint protectors on them it really doesn't matter which way you put them in a case. Your method may be the majority opinion and it's the way I do it as well but that doesn't make Johnny Rosato wrong. Posts like yours simply reflect badly on your attitude and credibility. "Do not speak unless you can improve the silence."