JB Rugged Case - Scotchguard?

Richard Kapela

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My girlfriend and I are getting new JB rugged cases, they should be here in about two weeks. She has suggested that we Scotchguard them so that we can clean them easier. We're concerned about chalk, especially on hers, which will be mostly all white.

Has anyone done this, or something similar, to their JB case? Anyone have any lessons learned or tips they could share?

Appreciate any help in advance.

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not contact the maker, John Barton of JB Cases?
Use google and look up his website.
Dave

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would definitely ask JB.

Nothing wrong with asking around as well, but definitely ask JB. I am sure he will be happy to give his opinion on the matter.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My girlfriend and I are getting new JB rugged cases, they should be here in about two weeks. She has suggested that we Scotchguard them so that we can clean them easier. We're concerned about chalk, especially on hers, which will be mostly all white.

Has anyone done this, or something similar, to their JB case? Anyone have any lessons learned or tips they could share?

I will test some out and get back to you.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When JB says he will test something he tests it.....

I seem to remember something about setting a case on fire..... :eek:

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And here I was thinking Scotchguarding the case was having a lock on the zipper pulls so nobody could easily steal your flask...

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

These work very well. Especially for a JB Case. (for keeping inside clean).
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=442315

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sorry got off track, I will try to remember to buy some spray. I have the NEVERWET system as well that I have not yet tried. Look that stuff up it's incredible.

Richard Kapela

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cases came in last week and we went with the Scotchgard. We looked at Neverwet, but Scotchgard seemed to have better reviews.

We put three coats on, and did not see any effect on the cases themselves. Fortunately, the coating has not yet been tested by the random spilled drink.

pudgie100

Registered
Just ordered a JB case, so I will be interested in hearing the results from the testing as well as a follow up on how the scotch guard works.

ATM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried scotchguard or similar on their Rugged nylon case? Im curious if it discolors and if its effective.

ATM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post #12. Brian.
Was the "if its effective" covered already and deleted? "Fortunately, the coating has not yet been tested by the random spilled drink" tells me it is undetermined how it holds up at protecting from stains :shrug:

4railer

Registered
I have an all tweed case I triple coated it with scotch guard it worked out great . It doesn’t effect anything at all liquid beads up and won’t penetrate . I definitely recommend it

Richard Kapela

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, I had forgotten this thread was out there.

Fast forward 2-1/2 years and the cases are holding up great. I've had beer, coffee and ketchup spilled on mine, well over a year after the Scotchguard was applied, and all cleaned up very easy. Not sure if the Scotchguard was still effective after all that time, and if not, that just speaks even better of the case itself.

Scotchguard will NOT prevent dirt from sticking. My girlfriend's case is white, and it is showing an accumulation of dirt from normal use.

The cases have been awesome. Had I known, I would have asked for slightly bigger pockets, but functionally, the cases have been rock-solid.