Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page Who are considered the best teachers right now?
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
elvicash
AzB Silver Member
elvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 87

06-11-2017, 07:26 PM

I have taken a lesson or 2 over the years. I have had paid lessons from most of these and some gave me free info or short one on one type lessons. Also a list of people I know would be good to learn from and will if given the chance. These lists are in no particular order. Some of these teachers i have marked local to me meaning they live in the Indy area)

--------------------------------------------
Sailor in Racine WI (has taught many people, 100 ball runners and more)
Jeanette Lee (coaching mid game during play not formal lessons / local)
Alex Lely from Holland (seminar 14.1 and technique 2 days)
Blackjack/David Sapolis
John Schmidt (mini lesson while playing in WV / much info absorbed while watching 14.1 together at DCC over the years I wish I could work with John on my game)
Danny D
Grady M
SJM (defense / play / ancillary not formal class / feedback while playing)
WillieBetmore (taught me a lot knows alot / very informal / playing partner / local)
Bob Cozzolino
Ed Latimer

Fundamentals/Other not 14.1
Ray Martin
Jerry Breiseth
Mark Wilson
Stan Shuffett
Earl Strickland / Johnny Archer (Seminar)
John Brumback (Banking)
Lee Brett
Gene Albrecht Perfect Aim
Scott Lee

Informal / Interactive / Overtime running buddies
George Breedlove (local)
Doug Smith (local)
Brian Gregg (banking / local)
Doug Schaffer (Ms Cue very long ago taught many local)
Brian Groce (ancillary but very insightful / local )
Chris Lawson / World Wide (local)
Roger Griffiss (long ago at Bruces he showed me some stuff recently deceased)

People I have not taken lessons from but would like too, I know they have the knowledge and can transfer it others or have in the past.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ratta in Germany
Nick Van Den Berg Holland 14.1
CJ
JoeyA
Tom Wirth
Dallas West 14.1
Jim Rempe 14.1
Mike Page
Danny Harriman (14.1 player very high ball running player)
Dee Adkins
Mark Jarvis (have received very ancillary input over the yrs super knowledgeable champion / local)
Joe Tucker
Truman Hogue - Kentucky Banks
Matlock
Jame Walden
Oscar Dominguez
Bobby Hunter (14.1 champion)
Ike Runnels
Phil Cappelle
Bob Jewett (knowledge / artistic / 3C / 14.1 )
RandyG

There are a lot of good teachers. I recommend a lesson or two if you want to learn. I just wish I had the time to play more. I work a lot of 70-80 hour weeks so my play suffers but I will take a lesson anytime I can make it work. It is good for me and good for the teacher.

The best thing for me would be to have a coach meaning a teacher who constantly works with me on my game. I have never had a real coach the closest I came was with Jeanette when she lived in Indy. The ongoing input and reinforcement is much different than a lesson. I wish i had taken more advantage of that when she lived her but work and life got in the way. If you can get such an arrangement with any great player I would highly recommend taking advantage. A good teacher working on your game constantly is huge for anyone's games.

Lessons are not of much use without time on the table. And then you have to compete whether with leagues or tournaments or action. Some sort of serious play is required to move your game up.

Play pool people I wish you all straight strokes.

Hi Runs 14.1-52 (age+3) 9B-5 8B-3
Straight Lock / Five Cents / Kingfish / Fontaine

True Racks Available Now -- www.thetruerack.com

Old
  (#32)
kentucky1pocket
AzB Silver Member
kentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond reputekentucky1pocket has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-02-2017, 02:53 PM

Lots of good instructors out there but I gotta go with the local boy on this one. I've been to several instructors throughout the U.S. and Anthony Beeler is by far the best I've been to. He actually has college degree in teaching. I guess that is why he is so easy to understand. He writes instructional articles for several of the magazines too. He has lots of good stuff you won't see anywhere else.

Check him out: www.poolteacher.com

Last edited by kentucky1pocket; 07-02-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: