Lausanne Billard Masters 2017

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The players for the Lausanne Billard Masters 3-cushion tournament have been announced. The tournament is an invitational that will take place in Lausanne, Switzerland, November 17-19.

LBM_groups.jpg

Eight advance from the groups to the single-elimination phase.

See http://www.lausannebillardmasters.ch/en/welcome.html for more info.

If you have a reason or excuse to be in that part of the world in the middle of November, be sure to attend.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Was glad to see Xavier gretillat get invited last yr,but he's a classic game player, and he played under .7 average,

Didn't do well as you can imagine with the Kings of 3 cushion

7 of those players are in the top 10 in the world current ranking

Dkk and j.h.c are top 20

The 3 at the bottom of the groups , not even sure where they're from,
Chilie? Only one name seems like it would belong to that country
, I don't know, good luck to them

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 3 at the bottom of the groups , not even sure where they're from,
Chilie? Only one name seems like it would belong to that country
, I don't know, good luck to them
From Wikipedia:

The data code for Switzerland, CH, is derived from Latin Confoederatio Helvetica (English: Helvetic Confederation).

Local people for local experience and local interest. There is a lot of cheering when one of them wins.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Had no clue, lol
But yes locals no matter where it is, from Switzerland to Colombia they really root for the home player's against foreigners

I recall zanetti playing last yr in Colombia and the crowd going nuts for every point the Colombian would make

Same in Vietnam

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lausanne is a beautiful city, and this event provides top class 3-cushion in a rather intimate arena. I can only recommend it. Fair warning though: go to the Lausanne Starbucks and you'll pay about 9 dollars for a cup of coffee. Hotels, gas, restaurants, same price level.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lausanne is a beautiful city, and this event provides top class 3-cushion in a rather intimate arena. I can only recommend it. Fair warning though: go to the Lausanne Starbucks and you'll pay about 9 dollars for a cup of coffee. Hotels, gas, restaurants, same price level.
The host hotel is very nice (Alpha-Palmiers) and the tournament rate there is a significant reduction from the regular rate, which puts it at about $165. The hotel restaurant is nice but a chicken club sandwich runs about $25 including tax and service. There's a more affordable sandwich shop across the street.

The tournament staff provides meals at the venue at much better prices.

For travel, there is a frequent fast train from Geneva and the train station in Lausanne is two blocks from the hotel. Alternatively you can take the high speed train (TGV Lyria, about 160MPH?) from Paris to Lausanne. Hotel guests get a free pass to the local transit.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Those of who weren't here missed Marco Zanetti's 40 in 8 innings against Jeremy Bury in the round of 8. Jeremy got 8. He was buried.:cool:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dick Jaspers wins the final against Frederic Caudron, 40-24 in 16 innings. They happen to be the current world's #2 and #1 ranked players.

Next year's edition is scheduled for November 23-25.

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No matter how simple the task, my laptop will do absolutely nothing for 20 seconds, and take 40 seconds to get the job done. I've named it Jeremy.