Winner Breaks or Alternate Break SVB Vs Earl "The Decider"

Shane Vs Earl races to 30, 8-Ball, 9-Ball & 10-Ball Whatshould it be?

• Winner Breaks?

Votes: 55 64.7%
  • Alternate Breaks?

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Does not matter.

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I know I have kinda been here before. I just asked both players which they would like and they BOTH said it's up to me. I see benefits to both ways but I want it to be what the majority of pool players/fans would like to see.

I like the thought of one of them running a ridiculous amount of racks. I also don't want it to be a one sided match. So I will go with whatever the fans want. Feel free to comment.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Alternate break or even loser break. What other sport allows the team that scores to keep the ball so they can score again. How about lag for break for each game. That would put more importance on lagging skill.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Alternate break or even loser break. What other sport allows the team that scores to keep the ball so they can score again. How about lag for break for each game. That would put more importance on lagging skill.

I said Alt breaks, the lag each game would make it an added skill test and at their level it could add to the game.

Looking forward to it. Thanks Mark..
Mark

And no that ain't a studder! :thumbup::smile:

nme007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternating breaks would keep fans from both sides interested. Everyone knows Shane has the best break in the biz, but let's see them get equal playing time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternating breaks would keep fans from both sides interested. Everyone knows Shane has the best break in the biz, but let's see them get equal playing time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I put winner break but earl definitely doesn't break good enough to win alternate break. I think the break's bigger alternate break than winner break. It's gonna cost you two when you don't get out and you can only get back one at a time. Winner break you've got a chance to come back. Sure the scores gonna be closer with alternate break but a close score doesn't mean the other guy ever had a legit shot to win but you've always got a chance to come back when you're breaking on a bar table.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Last thing I want to see is a blowout and give up strokes. And trust me, that's a distinct possibility if it's winner breaks.

I vote alternate.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You got the best breaker since Billy Johnson....
...and you got the guy who ran double figures for a million.
DO NOT PUT THE HANDCUFFS ON THEM.
...please...:crying:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the 3 days this morning.

From what I've seen of the Bar table championship, in 8 ball they top pros break and run. The match comes down to one roll. But those are races to 5. This is race to 25 I believe. So both have a chance. I vote winner breaks

One thing: you need to do something to make them hard break in 9 ball. No pattern racking and soft breaking leaving the same 1-2-3 ball layout each break. Boring.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely winner breaks. I can watch one rack runs all day long. I am buying to see PACKAGES! I really want to see what these two guys can do in packages. That's what their level of play is about.

Without winner break, it might as well be any two pros doing this, or even any two semi-pros. You will see the same thing.

But- no pattern racking!

Last edited:

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
I Agree !

You got the best breaker since Billy Johnson....
...and you got the guy who ran double figures for a million.
DO NOT PUT THE HANDCUFFS ON THEM.
...please...:crying:

Let's see them put some 6,8,10 packs together. Isn't that the whole point of a race to 30?

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
I don't think it is going to matter, SVB is going to beat Earl quite easily.

If you go to alternate breaks it will be closer but won't affect the outcome.