Lying Laurie Franklin of SW cues

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
I’m calling her a LIAR

I got along with her over the phone very nice person but she’s a liar 12 years I’ve been waiting and passed over for years

just because she is not saying what you want to hear doesn't mean she is lying!if you are that pissed off then just sell your spot,being this close to construction there are many that will buy your spot and you will make money for just making a phone call years ago.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really low class to call Laurie Franklin a liar. She's anything but that. Everyone I know in the cue world loves her. I'm on the list for 2 cues ordered in March 2004 (I think). If you're on the list she will get to you when your turn is up in the rotation unless she does not have your contact info. It is impossible to forecast accurate completion times so many years in advance. There have been illnesses, etc. in the shop that has severely hampered cue production at times. Many years ago Laurie changed the policy of locking in to the cost of your cues at the time of the order. Smart business decision. Since South West doesn't require a deposit why complain? Lots of places to buy great pool cues. Laurie has subsidized pool players for many moons through the cues. Anybody breathing could order 2 cues per year with no deposit. There has always been a healthy spread of several hundred dollars between the South West actual cost and market pricing. I hope she gets wind of this thread and decides to not make you anything for you.

Last edited:

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really low class to call Laurie Franklin a liar. She's anything but that. Everyone I know in the cue world loves her. I'm on the list for 2 cues ordered in March 2004 (I think). If you're on the list she will get to you when your turn is up in the rotation unless she does not have your contact info. It is impossible to forecast accurate completion times so many years in advance. There have been illnesses, etc. in the shop that has severely hampered cue production at times. Many years ago Laurie changed the policy of locking in to the cost of your cues at the time of the order. Smart business decision. Since South West doesn't require a deposit why complain? Lots of places to buy great pool cues. Laurie has subsidized pool players with for many moons through the cues. Anybody breathing could order 2 cues per year with no deposit. There has always been a healthy spread of several hundred dollars between the South West actual cost and market pricing. I hope she gets wind of this thread and decides to not make you anything for you.

It’s you fu(king scumbag cue dealers that keeps the regular guy from acquiring a cue on Time I see it from here to Japan to China you cue dealers got the market locked up on SW cues

She said a year to a year and a half three years ago never got back to me I suppose you must be getting your cues on time and doubling up the price on them

I’ve read she thinks the regular guy is just buying it to flip it I’m not and I feel like us are screwed while people like yourself are making money off her cues

Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s you fu(king scumbag cue dealers that keeps the regular guy from acquiring a cue on Time I see it from here to Japan to China you cue dealers got the market locked up on SW cues

She said a year to a year and a half three years ago never got back to me I suppose you must be getting your cues on time and doubling up the price on them

I’ve read she thinks the regular guy is just buying it to flip it I’m not and I feel like us are screwed while people like yourself are making money off her cues

I have the proof that She is not the problem, you are.

That proof is too simple, you whined on the "Cue Reviews" page, you have no cue to review.

That is funny stuff right there.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Five years late and counting is not acceptable.

But then again neither is a seven year wait so what's the difference?

It's all absurd. I'm amazed she takes orders at all.

She could make the exact same cues in the exact same time frame with more profit and zero stress but chooses this business model. The word masochist comes to mind.

JC
I agree. Bryan Mordt quit taking orders and is doing fine. When he gets a few done, he sends out emails and FB msg's. A LOT less aggravation to put with. Work at your own pace and sell 'em when they're done.

Reactions: JC

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for over 10 years the waiting list has been over 10 years
in the meantime he has not put up a dime

i know Laurie personally and think she is one of the finest people i have ever known

when her husband died she took over the business,raised her youngest.then her grandson and her now blind mother

now this jerk wants to run his mouth about things he knows nothing about,if i were her i would remove him from my list

in fact i have removed him from ever doing anything with me,i guess i am a liar too

anybody who picks on a little widow is about as low as you can go,even if she is late on his cue,which is not likely,he has not proved anything other than she took no deposit till she could be sure
the reason people keep ordering is simple,they put up nothing up front,theday their cue arrives they can call me for $500 profit

probably more ,up to $2500 for just selling rather than keeping the cue

Laurie has always sold to dealers,but as far as i know they don't get any special
treatment

i know i have had orders for 2 pr year forever,sometimes i don't get those
sometimes i do

she has never lied to me

people that knock her really confuse me,it ,or jealoushink they are envious

dean

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Can I have your spot, I seems pretty worthless now. Even if you get it
I don't think you could enjoy it with all the mental anguish you've
suffered. This is almost as bad as the hurt and torment of infamous DYDC
fiasco.
jack

i'll meet you in the alley and fight you for it, just don't bring that tush hog DEAN with ya

looks like the mods hit the brakes on "justabreak"

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
This is such a wierd thread, and such a self-destructive battle to start, I'm wondering if the higher out-the-door prices have as much to with it as the long wait.
The extended wait is no secret, but these cues are no longer cheap, it's an investment, and the huge profits are harder to obtain.
Doubling your money after a twelve year wait is no longer a given.
The bitterness oozing out of justabrake seems like more than a simple delivery lead time issue.

My opinion could be easily changed, I'm thinking out loud, and the guy ain't around to debate it.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are not getting the whole story here IMO. I have only been on the list for a couple years, but Laurie is like super easy to get a hold of, and for someone so busy, super responsive.

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's just frustrating for people who really want a cue from a particular maker, and demand and wait lists make it almost impossible.

I'm so old at this point that there are many cuemakers who would be shipping to a dead man by the time my name came up.

DanRozz

No problems with Laurie over here....

I’ve been on her list for over 12 years and she confirmed this last year by my SS# over emails and phone calls we had and said my spot is coming up soon and I asked her if I could pay in advance and she said no we’ll call you Never heard back from her it was a 5-7 year wait back then when I added my my name to that list what I lying POS

If you have some specific bone to pick - you could be more specific about exactly what happened, and/or maybe try to settle it with her. Your post is a bit unclear/vague.

I was on that waitlist 13 years before I got the cue. Didn't pay a dime up front. Again- not sure what your issue was/is. But... Most people here aren't going to help you vent about an issue with Laurie.

I have to chime in, at the risk of getting pilloried for an unsolicited message...
My experience, and from what I read most people here, with Laurie is that she's a real stand-up person. Personally, I got on the waitlist in 2005, got an email from Laurie last year, ordered/designed a cue with her, and got it about a month ago. No problems, no issues. Just a professional interaction with a veteran cue artisan.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't understand this SW thing. My Rick Howard was built by Rick. When I ordered my Josey, I wanted Keith to build it, not Sherrie. Nothing against Sherrie, it was her I communicated most with.
Same with Gilbert J/B, I wanted Andy hands on. My McDermott I didn't care, I bought it knowing it was built by employees, and I didn't care who built my Schmelke.
If I was the least bit interested in a SW, I would want Jerry-built, not Laurie or another employee, regardless of how long they've been there, especially for that amount of money!

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I agree. Bryan Mordt quit taking orders and is doing fine. When he gets a few done, he sends out emails and FB msg's. A LOT less aggravation to put with. Work at your own pace and sell 'em when they're done.

Just pointing out the obvious - B Mordt' s name shouldn't be used on the same page as Southwest, no comparison now or ever.

Nice guy but you are comparing Apple's and raisins.
Jason

Reactions: JC

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just pointing out the obvious - B Mordt' s name shouldn't be used on the same page as Southwest, no comparison now or ever.

Nice guy but you are comparing Apple's and raisins.
Jason

I've owned both a Brian Mordt and SW the woods they use makes the difference

And I stand by what I said she's putting others ahead of people that ordered years ago I just read a post on here where she let someone jump the line it's not fare ...................:mad:

And not just one stick but 2 every year

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I've owned both a Brian Mordt and SW the woods they use makes the difference

And I stand by what I said she's putting others ahead of people that ordered years ago I just read a post on here where she let someone jump the line it's not fare ...................:mad:

And not just one stick but 2 every year

I agree with that shouldn't happen, try selling you Mordt for 4 or $5,000 though
Jason

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
I think it's just frustrating for people who really want a cue from a particular maker, and demand and wait lists make it almost impossible.

I'm so old at this point that there are many cuemakers who would be shipping to a dead man by the time my name came up.

I know what you mean. My SW spot was 13 years before it came up. And when it did come up, she called, took the order, and cue was delivered as promised on time. 6 months after the order.

The cue I'm really waiting on, from SoFl, I expect I'll get in an old folks home MAYBE, and the cuemaker could be in the next room. :p
If you haven't shot yourself in the foot with this post, your name should come up soon, and you'll get a call, as promised. I wouldn't call you but Laurie might.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know what you mean. My SW spot was 13 years before it came up. And when it did come up, she called, took the order, and cue was delivered as promised on time. 6 months after the order.

The cue I'm really waiting on, from SoFl, I expect I'll get in an old folks home MAYBE, and the cuemaker could be in the next room. :p
If you haven't shot yourself in the foot with this post, your name should come up soon, and you'll get a call, as promised. I wouldn't call you but Laurie might.

My order was pushed back....
BUT Laurie let me know what was up-
" When my turn came-
we designed the cue,
I sent deposit....
Approx 6 months and my cue arrived-
MY SW is in my AVATAR"
My only complaint-I really wanted Ebony nose
Still a great cue-
SUPERBLY CRAFTED-Excellent shafts as well"