Penn State motor question

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Have to change the top 2 pots on the controller, as they are getting flakey but cannot find a schematic to get the values. Does anyone know offhand the values of these? any help is appreciated.
DAve

20171210_173157.jpg

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A multimeter will provide the answer. If I was home I would contemplate tearing mine apart.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I have thought of that, but I need to order the proper ones before ripping it apart, as it still works and I am still using it and don't have a backup controller at this time.
Dave

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Thanks guys, didn't think those numbers were the values. It does make sense, 20 plus 3 zeros and 10 plus 4 zeroes.
DAve

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have some complete circuit boards (never used) if you just want to replace the whole circuit board for $30 plus shipping.
If anyone else wants one or two for back ups I will sell some.

StrokeAnalyzer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suspect the pots are just dirty. If you can find some contact cleaner...spray it on the pots and rotate several times to clean them. Make a mark before you start rotating them to get them back close to where they started. If you want a 1 time final solution....replace them with enclosed 10 turn trim pots.

Cheers
Bob

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Chris, that's a great offer, Put me down for one. I will keep as a backup. I already ordered the pots to replace them. Cleaning is good, but will remove the board and replace, AND also check for and re-solder any cold solder joints. I found on my other controller board it had quite a few cold solder joints, and was also missing the mounting screw to hold the large transistor to the heatsink.
Thanks
Dave

aphelps1

Phelps Custom Cues
Silver Member
I have some complete circuit boards (never used) if you just want to replace the whole circuit board for $30 plus shipping.
If anyone else wants one or two for back ups I will sell some.
Chris,
I've had one on the flaky side for a while. I'll take one of your circuit boards also.

Thanks,
Alan

Phelps Custom Cues

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
you can buy the whole controller box ..... comes with wires and plugs.....for about $42 from Pennstate Ind.................. not in the catalog or online......... you must call on the phone.............

the part number might be .............ZTCL4-MCB

Kim