I Used to Use a System But Now....

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, my bad. "The balls present themselves differently on the table." Got it now. How could I have been so dense? (not to mention Bob Jewett, a real life instructor, Dr. Dave, a real life instructor, Mark Wilson, a real life instructor and Landon Shuffett's coach (how's that for irony). We're all blind to the Truth.

I just thought of a good idea. Why don't you humor us and tell us one more time how you get different shot angles for the same visuals? Oh, and please don't tell me in a private message like one unnamed person said that you don't understand it and Stan seems to deny what he is clearly doing with his body position in the video when you have a conversation with him about it. (and then say something to the opposite effect in the forum like some people did last time I was in the aiming forum).

If you learned how to nest quotes maybe you wouldn't misinterpret what I have been saying over and over.

Landon has been looking at CTE for nearly 10 years. Mark has not looked at CTE for 10 minutes......I get your logic. The ones that don't actually study it and those that have closed minds about the subject should have the most respect concerning their views about The topic.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Maybe you missed the question : "Oh, how did you learn to shoot wing shots so well"?

I think you need to stop using the Evelyn Woods course and go back to practicing with your index finger under each word in a sentence and go slowly. Practice with Dick and Jane.

I told you previously, for the first 15 years I was a feel shooter. I learned with contact point aiming but evolved into feel. I learned wing shots when I saw someone doing them after about 2 or 3 years of playing when I was around 17 or 18.

Show me someone who shoots wing shots with a higher % than they shoot normal shots with careful aiming. Mine certainly aren't nor the way I used to play with feel.
Aiming with a well trained eye and setup system for either CTE or Joe Tucker's contact point system is far superior for both a potting % and day to day consistency.

I request that be my last word and I would appreciate it if you held to yours. Don't turn into a liar.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How the balls present themselves

A single OB on a 2x1 playing has no relationship to any of the pockets. Its presence on the table really has no significance until a CB is added.....
Now add a CB and the OB presents itself with meaningful relationships to some of the pockets or right angles.
You see, the OB in CTE presents itself as divided into quarters facing directly at the CB....

I could go further with this two ball relationship to the point of exactly how the cue is aligned for an overcut alignment to a right angle.....

But you do not deserve more info and it is people like you that hold others back from getting what I have learned.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Landon has been looking at CTE for nearly 10 years. Mark has not looked at CTE for 10 minutes......I get your logic. The ones that don't actually study it and those that have closed minds about the subject should have the most respect concerning their views about The topic.

Stan Shuffett

Stan, with all due respect, that is a non answer. We all know there is a stumbling block in your instruction. It is the big gorilla in the room - the 5 shot perception video. Nobody understands it and you haven't been able to communicate it effectively. I think you have said that you are actually going to explain it in your new book, right?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A single OB on a 2x1 playing has no relationship to any of the pockets. Its presence on the table really has no significance until a CB is added.....
Now add a CB and the OB presents itself with meaningful relationships to some of the pockets or right angles.
You see, the OB in CTE presents itself as divided into quarters facing directly at the CB....

I could go further with this two ball relationship to the point of exactly how the cue is aligned for an overcut alignment to a right angle.....

But you do not deserve more info and it is people like you that hold others back from getting what I have learned.

Stan Shuffett

See, that's the problem. You are so defensive that you don't realize that guys like me would sing your praises and promote your system if we could only learn how it works. The problem is always the same. Everything is explained in great detail up until the point where you actually get down on the shot in a different line even though the same visuals are being employed. It's like how the Discovery channel can give you an hour on everything about a black hole, but as soon as you cross over the event horizon, the show is over because nobody has any clue of what happens inside a black hole.

I know, I never took any time to learn CTE, I didn't learn anything from Hal (which I did), I'm a basher with an agenda.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, with all due respect, that is a non answer. We all know there is a stumbling block in your instruction. It is the big gorilla in the room - the 5 shot perception video. Nobody understands it and you haven't been able to communicate it effectively. I think you have said that you are actually going to explain it in your new book, right?

CTE has been around a long time. It is a perceptual phenomenon. The system has always been there! I am sorry to you, Mister, if my years of work have at times been short of perfect wording to match perception. But I have never given up on finding the perfection that exist within CTE. I am proud of my work. Whatever it is that you think I am short on is headed your way........I stuck with it! I figured it out........Thanks for your contribution in further motivating me to get the job done....And trust me, it is finished!

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See, that's the problem. You are so defensive that you don't realize that guys like me would sing your praises and promote your system if we could only learn how it works. The problem is always the same. Everything is explained in great detail up until the point where you actually get down on the shot in a different line even though the same visuals are being employed. It's like how the Discovery channel can give you an hour on everything about a black hole, but as soon as you cross over the event horizon, the show is over because nobody has any clue of what happens inside a black hole.

I know, I never took any time to learn CTE, I didn't learn anything from Hal (which I did), I'm a basher with an agenda.[/QUOTE

Deleted..........I do not want to be in the same room as you.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know, I never took any time to learn CTE, I didn't learn anything from Hal (which I did), I'm a basher with an agenda.

There is not one chance in 10,000 that you will sing my praises when the book is out, regardless of what the content is......There is a handful of others that are of the same mind........

Stan Shuffett

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know, I never took any time to learn CTE, I didn't learn anything from Hal (which I did), I'm a basher with an agenda.[/QUOTE

Delete. I do not want to be in the same room as you.

Stan Shuffett

When so many understand it and use it with great acclaim, one can not be sitting off in the corner stating that the instructor and his material is faulty just because they don't understand it. You blame others for your own shortcomings. A number of people have told you exactly why you can't understand it, but you just dismiss it instead of applying it.

Your own post about thinking you learned Stan's method of CTE from Hal Houle only showcases that you do not approach it with an open mind. Stan's and Hal's CTE have a common ancestor, and that is all. What Stan is teaching goes much beyond what Hal taught about it. But, you just keep on referencing things that really don't apply and keep wondering why you can't understand. And then blame others for your shortcomings on it.

Until you can truly look at it with a truly open mind, you will never understand it.

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dan, can I ask one question ? I am not a Cte expert but I have been working on it for years.

Let's say you have three different angles and Stan tells you all of them will go with "A inside". If you try to get this 15 degree perception for these 3 different shots, you will not result in the same stance relatively to the pocket, and your cue will get a "different angle of attack" on the cue ball, and you will create a different angle. By doing exactly the same things.

This is not possible if you look at the cb-ob relationship straight in the face. You have to realise that you must see an offset in order to make it work.

Have you ever thought about it ?

I know my English is not very good, but ok...... Thanks for reading.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member

Deleted..........I do not want to be in the same room as you.

Stan Shuffett

Then leave and never post enough thing here about CTE.

Let's see, a book, 38 chapters, DVD, and personal lesson.......just proves one of my points about CTE....way too complicated for just putting a ball in a hole with another ball.

It's amazing how a thread about moving away from using a system, any system, turns into a bullshit thread about CTE.

Good grief.........get over yourself and your egomania.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
The difference between a feel player and system player is that a system player is only concerned with pocketing the OB whereas a feel player is concerned with placing the balls where they need them.

If you play 14.1 with any degree of skill, you will understand this whereas those that only play 9 or 10 ball will never understand.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Let's see, a book, 38 chapters, DVD, and personal lesson.......just proves one of my points about CTE....way too complicated for just putting a ball in a hole with another ball.

It's amazing how a thread about moving away from using a system, any system, turns into a bullshit thread about CTE.

You can not name one single professional that can tell you what they are doing with aiming and that includes your hero, Arrow Man. There is a reason they can not explain what they're doing. There is only one man to my knowledge that figured it out. It took Hal 10 years to do so. He said that the top 200 players in the world are doing it. It took me ten years to also figure it out but I had Hal's prompts as my springboard. The pros are still doing it........I can't help it if I figured it out.....If I did it, it ain't bragging or an ego thing. It just is. This info would have been released long ago if a certain few would have treated Hal more respectfully, but nonetheless, he released it anyway but in a very very very obscure manner.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Great post!! It applies directly to YOU. Read these two lines 1000 times, then leave and never post about CTE again.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The difference between a feel player and system player is that a system player is only concerned with pocketing the OB whereas a feel player is concerned with placing the balls where they need them.

If you play 14.1 with any degree of skill, you will understand this whereas those that only play 9 or 10 ball will never understand.

This has to be the most idiotic post in the history of AZ. INCREDIBLE!

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

I suck at straight pool duckie, let's play. I'll spot you 60 going to 100.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
OMG.

Please see an instructor.There has to be somebody near Milpitas, that can work with you.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is not one chance in 10,000 that you will sing my praises when the book is out, regardless of what the content is......There is a handful of others that are of the same mind........

Stan Shuffett

Maybe that's the difference between us. I don't assume you are a charlatan or have otherwise bad motives (just like with the Spider guy). Just the opposite is most likely true. I'll always give you the benefit of the doubt.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever thought about it ?

Hi Ps. Yes I've given it significant time and effort and have concluded that nobody knows how it works. Maybe you can explain it. Look at Stan's perception video with the 5 sample shots. All using the same A perception and achieving different shot results. Stan doesn't explain it. He just keeps moving his body over more and more until he says, "Got it!" But he is now standing in a different location for the exact same perception. Explaining that is the stumbling block.