Disabled Vets stolen cues

Virgil Earp

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a disabled veteran from the Iraq war and I found my greatest solace after returning home and having trouble walking and standing to be shooting pool. Shooting pool was the greatest thing that helped me to advance in my recovery. I used a 4K-4 cue,a z-2 shaft , a 314 fat shaft,a z shaft and a BK-2 with the sport grip in a black Vincitore black leather cue case.The cues were my saving grace as it and I were as one and I would spend time on end standing and walking around the table shooting pool which actually helped me to regain strength and courage to continue instead of giving up.
The situation took a turn for the worse when my case containing my cues was stolen while I was in the bathroom. I am unable to replace them due to my now very limited income. Or to offer any kind of significant reward. Please keep your eyes open for them.

Please post this to any and all forums as I need this information passed around

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
363   0   1
Virgil.. Thank you for your service.. Please send me your address and I will send you a Predator Roadline Cue I have.. The cue is like new but it has a Samsara unilock shaft with it which matches the cue very nicely.. Maybe someone will offer a Predator unilock shaft to match the cue.. I will try to find one for you in the meantime.. I do have a Z shaft in a 3/8-10 I would trade for a unilock to make your cue complete.. Again, thank you so much for your service..

Last edited:

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Virgil.. Thank you for your service.. Please send me your address and I will send you a Predator Roadline Cue I have.. The cue is like new but it has a Samsara unilock shaft with it which matches the cue very nicely.. Maybe someone will offer a Predator unilock shaft to match the cue.. I will try to find one for you in the meantime.. I do have a Z shaft in a 3/8-10 I would trade for a unilock to make your cue complete.. Again, thank you so much for your service..

That's Awesome!

Chuck521

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sorry to hear....and wow

Sorry to hear about your cues getting stolen, and thank you just isn't enough for the service you gave us. and TOOMNYQ's you sir are selfless person, Its people like you and the OP that make people like me think there is still hope for this country. Thats Awesome this made my day and hopefully it made the OP's day too.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

You're the bomb. Very classy

obe1

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Cue Stolen

Very sorry to hear this...

Where and when did this happen?

The info could help spread this theft around town.

I have some freinds (Retired Vets) that live in that area.

Thank you for your service sir.

Richard

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0

You are the man bud! :thumbup:

I am curious as to what poolroom or bar this happened at in Arizona though. :cool:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
318   0   0
whoa nelly...

I wish there weren't recent scams here on az because they cause me to think you might just be one more of those trying to play on our kindness and sympathy. That's the street-smart, skeptic in me.

Why don't you post who you are (name, etc), and as Lenny asked, where did this theft take place? Was there a police report filed? And yes, were there cameras where this happened?

If what you are saying is true, you have come to the right place. Likely, there will be people, including myself, who would be interested in getting you fixed up.

We'll just have to know more first since you are a brand new poster here.

One other question: Can any known az member vouch for you and your story?

thx,
brian kc

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
318   0   0
Dan;

just saw your kind offer - real nice of you, Sir.

Given the many recent scams on here, this brand-new posters story, while possibly true, is causing red flags to pop for me.

I would proceed with caution and at the very least I would suggest finding out more before sending out any equipment.

Reminds me of Ronal Reagan's famous saying: "Trust, but verify."

Being a former army infantryman, if this guy's story is true, I'd be interested in helping, also.

But I will have to know *for certain*.

green rep to you, Dan, for your kindness.

best,
brian kc

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
114   1   0
If this is legit...I'm on board to help out a bit, too.

I pulled 3 tours there, came home with less than I went with, and I have a soft spot for those who sacrificed so much...

Staying tuned for intel, and happy to try to make the OP whole again.

Mark

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Virgil, If you are legit I would like to thank you for your service. There have been many scam's here on AZB. I want to make sure first that everything that you have said here is true . The AZB community has many veterans and just great people in general. I don't post here much but I think I can speak and say that you came to the right place for help if what you say is true. I

have been to Iraq and I am currently in AFG Logar Providence with 10th Group Special Forces-ODA 0323. If what you say is true Virgil You can count on me to help out . I have some stuff back home that I don't use anymore and I will get my wife to send it to you if everything checks out . Again thank you for your service . Tim

Last edited:

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Dd214

Virgil, to put everyone (including me) at ease, please post your 214 (redacted ssn) and you will receive help.

polisci

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a fellow disabled OIF vet, I have a Pedator BK2 that I will donate when I know the story checks out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

azdiamondbacks1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I am a disabled veteran from the Iraq war and I found my greatest solace after returning home and having trouble walking and standing to be shooting pool. Shooting pool was the greatest thing that helped me to advance in my recovery. I used a 4K-4 cue,a z-2 shaft , a 314 fat shaft,a z shaft and a BK-2 with the sport grip in a black Vincitore black leather cue case.The cues were my saving grace as it and I were as one and I would spend time on end standing and walking around the table shooting pool which actually helped me to regain strength and courage to continue instead of giving up.
The situation took a turn for the worse when my case containing my cues was stolen while I was in the bathroom. I am unable to replace them due to my now very limited income. Or to offer any kind of significant reward. Please keep your eyes open for them.

Please post this to any and all forums as I need this information passed around

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I work in Tombstone several days a week.
Please post the location info for where your cues were stolen. If I am personally able
to confirm your loss with some others at the location your cues were stolen I would be happy
to give you a new Cue case. I will also post my findings to the forum which if confirmed I am sure
will open up some generosity of others. Thanks for your Service to our Country.

Last edited:

fordp

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I would be wary of helping in this case until verification is proven.

1. Virgil Earp - Tombstone, Arizona... I saw that movie.
  2. 1 post (xpost single thread), joined less than a month ago.
  3. No verification, no photos of items, no location of theft given
  4. Profile says he just started playing again after 10 years, and I'm counting $750 in lost predator shafts.
  5. Most websites (ie Reddit) require you be a member for 6 months before they will allow this type of post, and they do a TON of good deeds on reddit (ie the request a free pizza subreddit for people who are having cash flow issues and just want a meal)

No offense Virgil Earp, but this is the internet. The random acts of pizza subreddit I linked above? I give that example because while Reddit does do a lot of good through many subreddits, Wired did an article entitled "How to get a free pizza". The article detailed how you can use reddit to score a free pie.

If people are willing to create an account and 6 months of fake activity for a $14 pizza.....

That said, if you provide verification and setup a PayPal, I'll help you out.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
If everything is confirmed I will send a couple Kamui tips if the cues he receives need tips replaced.

8BALLDELUXE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have seen the good come from some of the greatest people on here as we are always ready to give help when needed. However with such recent scams in the past we still have to be a bit hesitant. Please proceed with the utmost of caution.