Fun $600 a game One Pocket spot/story

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
So there were two players woofing back and forth at Big Tyme Billiards last night. One I consider a friend, the other a respected acquaintance. Both players come with a lot of money when its time to play.

We'll call my friend AC (plays pro speed) we'll call the other GT (plays pretty darn bad) but likes to stake people, play one pocket doubles and puts himself in the box as well.

AC and GT have played doubles together before but its not like they are buddies or anything. GT has asked for 15-5 to 20-5 on various occasions and if I'm being honest AC could probably give him that game and still be stealing so after going back and forth AC makes an offhanded comment that he'd rather play BEHIND HIS BACK ON EVERY SHOT than those big ball spots. GT calls him out on it and says lets do it then.

Let me give you some background. GT has money. Legitimate money. He is what you'd call a self made entrepreneur. He is also the kind of guy who will flip for $500.
AC grew up poor in a not so nice place and used pool to get himself out. He has been playing a lot time and will flip you for $500 if you give him 2/1 on the money lol. The guy matches up better than 99% of pool players. Anyways back to it.

AC says, "What?! Behind my back? No I can't do that, thats too tough playing one pocket." etc. etc. blah blah, back and forth till finally they agree to play even but AC has to play behind his back on all shots, no bridge.

The bet is $600 a game, with money flying around on the rail. Alex wins the flip and proceeds to scratch on the break lol.

AC wins the first game and GT wins the second. AC looks warmed up now and proceeds to put one of the most impressive displays of behind the back shots/pool that I will probably ever see. He is shooting long shots for shape, long rail banks, short rail banks, behind the back right handed AND left, all the while controlling whitey like its nothing. He shot the short rail, long rail, short rail 3 railer (say that 5 times fast) with about 6 feet from the object bull at firm speed, stopped his rock and laid it up right next to his pocket. Its hard enough to do that shooting normally and not letting your cue ball go.

If you ever want to see somebody mad or playing bad because of how their opponent is playing. Watch somebody lay it down on em playing behind their back. AC proceeds to get up 5 games at $600/game, they double the bet and change the spot to 10-8. AC gets up another 2 loses 1 and from there... I don't know because I left. I was running the weekly 9 ball tournament during all of this and was ready to get the heck home.

I have run a few 7s and 8s in pocket from getting lucky, but 3-5 is what I'm gonna run 99% of them time. When you get to watch somebody who gives you pool advice, run out like water, BEHIND HIS BACK WITH EITHER HAND, it gives you an appreciation for just how big of skill gap there is and some of the advice they give you lol.

Here's whats kinda cool about all of this (for me anyways). On the rail, watching this all go down is Justin Hall, Ronnie Wiseman, Josh Roberts and Warren Kiamco. Chip and Joey went out of town to somewhere but they have also been around for the last 2 weeks. There has been so much action at Big Tyme since the classic and since RR moved here, its nuts.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fun story. Thanks for sharing. I remember there was a guy at my local place that could play one handed like nobodies business, but I've never seen some shoot behind the back on top of that.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Fun story. Thanks for sharing. I remember there was a guy at my local place that could play one handed like nobodies business, but I've never seen some shoot behind the back on top of that.

It really was strong as hell. There is a guy who plays one handed all the time that lives here too but I have seen Chip play one handed and he is way better.