Gold Crown 3 Rail Metal Trim removal

ludachris939

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if a mechanic can help me with this. I'm going to be restoring a gold crown 3 i purchased and i want to powder coat the metal trim on the rails. Can somebody tell me how to remove them before i attempt to do it. I would appreciate it! Thanks!!

Attachments

• rail.jpg
    rail.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 774

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I was wondering if a mechanic can help me with this. I'm going to be restoring a gold crown 3 i purchased and i want to powder coat the metal trim on the rails. Can somebody tell me how to remove them before i attempt to do it. I would appreciate it! Thanks!!

I've spent years building up the "Talk to a mechanic forum"....and you've been on AZB for 5 years or so and never seen the forum?

JC

Coos Cues

I dropped one of my rails and the damned thing fell out.

After doing that I realized they were stapled in with brads right through the long pot metal lip going in the deepest. Look at the yellow in the photo. Imagine that's a little nail. They shoot them in from the bottom right through the trim and the heads end up countersunk in the bottom. I epoxied that one back in. Good luck removing it without splitting the rail wood

rail.jpg

JC

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On mine I dodged the bullet by not powder coating them. I did all of the other pieces, but I didnt want to open that can of worms.

Mine are gold instead of silver and with the powder coated pieces it fits nicely.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there may be a way
apparently king cobra would rather vaunt his wortless opinion about the proper forum rather than giving a fella a simple answer
i suspect that is why people don't like him

realkingcobra

Silver Member
there may be a way
apparently king cobra would rather vaunt his wortless opinion about the proper forum rather than giving a fella a simple answer

No, actually I'm tired of giving my opinion and advice to a bunch of people that don't deserve it....so, are YOU willing to PAY for it?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
there may be a way

I can't help but wonder why you said what you did, but I guess as it turns out, you're just like almost everyone else here on AZB.....you think I OWE my opinion and advice to anyone asking because all of you own me or something. .....and it's my duty to answer anyone's questions:rotflmao1:

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd bet

I can't help but wonder why you said what you did, but I guess as it turns out, you're just like almost everyone else here on AZB.....you think I OWE my opinion and advice to anyone asking because all of you own me or something. .....and it's my duty to answer anyone's questions:rotflmao1:

Lots of people wouldn't give a shit if you quit posting

realkingcobra

Silver Member

84 views to your request in the talk to a mechanic forum, no one responded. Thread has been here on the main forum long enough for one of these idiots who would like for me to quit posting.....to have offered you some kind of advice....even it it was wrong, but nope....they'd all rather run their mouths rather than help.....so, I guess I've proven my point afterall.....asking for help on AZB about pool tables is pretty much a joke.

On a different note, take a block of wood, place it against the end of the rail trim and softly hit it with a hammer, the trim will slide the length of the rail and come off easy while pulling out the little pins holding it in place at the same time.......your welcome, sorry you had to experience the effects of the TROLLS on AZB.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am not a pool table mechanic,it's not my place to answer.I am sure i could have done it myself though.
Why didn't you answer the guy right from the get-go??

Because I'm sick of the critics on AZ, like you, who would rather run you mouth than help someone out for free....yet have no problem with expecting me to provide help for free like it's my job to do so.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Because I'm sick of the critics on AZ, like you, who would rather run you mouth than help someone out for free....yet have no problem with expecting me to provide help for free like it's my job to do so.
Nobody brought you into the discussion... except you. If you don't want to answer, don't answer. Nobody here suggested you were obligated to answer... except you.

The reaction you are getting was purely due to the way you acted in this thread. Nobody else here is keeping a journal of your life.

Only once you answered did it become fair game to criticize you for not doing it right away. We all know you were going to answer.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Nobody brought you into the discussion... except you. If you don't want to answer, don't answer. Nobody here suggested you were obligated to answer... except you.

The reaction you are getting was purely due to the way you acted in this thread. Nobody else here is keeping a journal of your life.

Only once you answered did it become fair game to criticize you for not doing it right away. We all know you were going to answer.

What is the point of having sub forums...if no one uses them? God knows asking something like the OP did here on the main forum is like asking a bunch of kindergarten kids the answer to a geometry problem, no different than asking questions about making a cue. Isn't there a Ask the cue makers forum? Or how about when someone starts a thread in the main forum that has nothing to do with pool....don't they get directed to the NPR forum? So why in the hell did you post....certainly wasn't to offer advice to the OP now was it.....OH, I know....the geometry problem must have been to hard for you to solve as well;)

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
I explained how they are attached. Anyone with a little Yankee ingenuity can probably figure out a way to remove them.

RKC has a lot of said ingenuity and no doubt he already has a system for it. But I am starting to get the feeling he's not going to share.:smile:

JC