Read all about it.

Attachments

• 29468100_10155020100821741_360910847821742080_n.jpg
    29468100_10155020100821741_360910847821742080_n.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 1,403

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat has balls. Good on him! I hope he doesn't give in and let the Behermens near his event when/if they don't have any success with their "US Open 9 Ball".

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if Pat will make his event 9 ball or 10 ball. The statement did not specify. I personally vote to make it 9 ball:)

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie Felson: Human moves, kid. You study the watch... while I study you.

Pat just went into Eddie Felson mode and saved US Pool.
Great news

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
So why will there be two separate events? Reads like the Behrmans and Pat could not agree on the basic operation parameters. Tournament grab? Hard feelings? Too many big egos involved? Too few players? Too many questions, just too many!

Lyn

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a quick interview with Pat today about the new tournament. You can find it here...

https://www.poolpodcast.com/2018/03/21/what-sounds-like-the-us-open-but-isnt-the-us-open/

You are doing wonderful work, Mike.
Thanks for this interview.

It is fairly clear that all that Pat did for the Behrman family and the US Open name this past few years means nothing to them for the amount of disrespect and unprofessionalism they directed towards Pat in not even calling him back.

It appears the Behrmans think they can run the show better and best of luck to them.

In this interview Pat says referees racking at all tables for the entire tournament.
That's a new change. Also capping the field at 128 is going to be jam packed and stream lined in terms of running the tournament.

Good to know there will be a clash of pool titans down in Norfolk this year.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Fleming annoucement is major. Positive news and positive about the Behrmans.

The mystery about the Behrmans upcoming plans is too mysterious.

In terms of their involvement with the US Open maybe they are entertaining plans to sell the name to a "larger organizer." It could be called the US Open organized by the P.R.C. Or it could be the US Open touring in China.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news that Pat is keeping the spirit of the US Open alive. I hope players and fans can think past the name, even though it will be awkward. For example, If Shane wins he’s not going to be able to say he’s a “six time US Open Champion”. I don’t know how I feel about this but I’m still glad Pat is taking command.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
So is Pat still gonna be involved - that is hold and guarantee the money IF there is a US Open? Cause if the answer is no, good luck to any player that decides to play in that event.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So why will there be two separate events? Reads like the Behrmans and Pat could not agree on the basic operation parameters. Tournament grab? Hard feelings? Too many big egos involved? Too few players? Too many questions, just too many!

Lyn

I’d bet there won’t be. The Behrman clan won’t get their act together.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So is Pat still gonna be involved - that is hold and guarantee the money IF there is a US Open? Cause if the answer is no, good luck to any player that decides to play in that event.

Per the interview, Pat has the WPA sanctioning and scheduling of those dates, the hotel blocked those dates out and needed a commitment. The Behrmans stalled until the eleventh hour and Pat decided to go for it and schedule the hotel and lock in the dates.
The Behrmans left the whole deal, the sanctioning, the hotel dates, and accustats contract, the advertisers agreements...they took their "US Open" name and went away to plan a super secret event that will be announced soon.

That means if there is one, there will be no WPA sanctioning without guaranteed funds, and with no Pat involved, I seriously doubt that will happen.