the free carom table

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
theres one in a pool room here, 60mm marble
its a no named brand,

its free, just costs about 700 in labor to have moved

why do we need such big ass slate bases 50-60mm?

i mean really, how many of could really tell the difference, how much would it REALLY affect playing

i bet wed have more carom tables if they werent so hard to move around and so costly and that slate has alot to do with the cost im certain

if i had the 6k, id buy a 9ft diamond 1piece 1inch slate carom table and be a happy camper
about the same price as a new diamond pro am pool table

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hubris!!! How dare you challenge 100 years rich (and heavy) tradition! Well, actually, my home--built 9' table, SAM base and slate (25mm) and my own rails, plays just fine. While I think there is a slight advantage to 50 or 60mm slate (Gabriels actually offered 120mm slate for a year or two) the difference in performance when the cloth and rails are properly set is too slight for probably all USA players to notice. To me, your stipulation of 1-piece slate is the major factor. Thicker slates are less subject to movement than thin ones. A 1-piece 25mm slate should be stable in any room environment! So, save up your pennies and get that Diamond -- let us know how it goes.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Thanks for that reply,
120mm ? Are you kidding me?

Let's save the technicians the trouble, machine a 5*10ft piece of rock, and just bolt the rails to it,

Free fork lift with purchase

I'd look to try and sell my soren, but anybody in town that wants to buy, expects me to move and setup with no additional charge

Goes back to the being big, heavy, hard /costly to move thing I was talking about

I'd love to get the diamond Carom

Last edited: