Deuel vs Schmidt 10 ball on TAR

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a fan of Corey, but I felt like it was sour grapes of him to say that he loves pool, but that he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket. If you are a professional, you have to push through the behavior of your opponent. I understand where he is coming from, but you gotta push through for the win.

LuckedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a fan of Corey, but I felt like it was sour grapes of him to say that he loves pool, but that he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket. If you are a professional, you have to push through the behavior of your opponent. I understand where he is coming from, but you gotta push through for the win.

Obviously John got under his skin a little more than he would have some on this board. Everyone has their tolerance for this kind of stuff and Corey didn't take it lightly being called a m'effer for playing well and rolling with the breaks.

That was a tense moment in the 1p match when that happened, John had nothing to loose by ruffling Corey's feathers; it was bad sportsmanship IMO and Corey never recovered.

All and all it was a great weekend of pool and I'll be supporting TAR from here on out. The camera angles and commentating was fantastic and the music sometimes played right into the emotion/moment of the game....props to the DJ.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
The camera angles and commentating was fantastic...

Good point. I too thought the camera work was really good, and I already knew Ken was a top notch referee but I had no idea he was that good in the booth as well. A good commentator is especially handy in pattern games where many options may be available, and Ken seemed to fit into that role nicely.

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Want to say I also have liked Ken as a commentator on TAR matches. I like that he sticks to the match and doesn't go on tangents.