Old
  (#211)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
08-29-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leto1776 View Post
Those balls are the Diamond Ultra C balls made in Korea by Cosmos billiards, as mentioned a few posts above yours. I'll quote it for reference:
I read it. Still this thread is about the Cyclop balls and the question I had is who makes those. I don't think it's the Korean company. In fact I am sure it isn't a Korean company.

Old
  (#212)
Chuck Fields
♠ RiverCity Reaper ♠
Chuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-29-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb cases View Post
i read it. Still this thread is about the cyclop balls and the question i had is who makes those. I don't think it's the korean company. In fact i am sure it isn't a korean company.
Shanghai Xinzhan Rubber Co., ltd

"The Dude abides............"

Playing cue: Pechauer Custom
Break cue: Players
Case: Instroke 3x5
Titles: Champion of Shembugenwauk County 1989-1990

Old
  (#213)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
08-29-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fields View Post
Shanghai Xinzhan Rubber Co., ltd
Never heard of them ;-)

Adrian Chen from Cyclop did come up and introduce himself to me at the BCA Nationals. I have to say, love them or not it is refreshing to see another ball company in the mix and sponsoring events.

Old
  (#214)
leto1776
AzB Silver Member
leto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-29-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Never heard of them ;-)

Adrian Chen from Cyclop did come up and introduce himself to me at the BCA Nationals. I have to say, love them or not it is refreshing to see another ball company in the mix and sponsoring events.
I agree. More companies in the mix means a step up in quality all around, which means only good for the consumers.

Diamond moving away from Aramith to Cyclops will definitely have long term effects for Aramith in the U.S.

Chuck Stephenson
Joss fan

Those who can, do. Those who can't "teach," or claime to be "the teacher"

Old
  (#215)
desertshark
Racks on racks on racks
desertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond reputedesertshark has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2014, 10:32 AM

I looked these up after watching some matches on YouTube. While I'm a traditionalist, I'm not fond of the TV balls. The regular colored balls would be worth a try out on the home table though.

"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur" ~ Petronius
-
Have a few customs and few stock
*** Looking for a good titlist ***
-

Old
  (#216)
Black-Balled
I Saw...............Was I
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-29-2014, 10:45 AM

I have a set of the traditional one sand never had a moment's issue with differentiating colors. Never even heard of such a thing, prior to this thread.

The balls play great and stay cleaner than my super pros. And at a significantly lower price...

I agree tha aramith needs to react to cyclop. It has long been known that aramith's customer service is the pits, now their product is no longer the only game in town too.

You can go sleep at home tonight, if you can get up and walk away..

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
...he loves pool, but he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket...

Old
  (#217)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I agree. More companies in the mix means a step up in quality all around, which means only good for the consumers.

Diamond moving away from Aramith to Cyclops will definitely have long term effects for Aramith in the U.S.
I'm not so sure about this.

I was speaking with Ivan who heads Simonis a couple of days ago on another matter and the subject of Cyclop balls came up. And fyi, as of approx 2 years ago, Simonis bought Saluc and all Aramith ball mfg & operations.

Despite rumors that circulated a while back about Cyclop having a much higher phenolic resin content in their balls compared to Aramith, that was just that, a rumor and not a fact.

According to Ivan, the percentage of phenolic resin in the Aramiths are very close to 100%. Further, they own patented technology which allows them to distribute the phenolic resin molecules very evenly throughout the ball which he says contributes to more perfect roll.

He added that when Cyclop balls were compared with Aramiths under high magnification, that the Aramiths looks very smooth while the Cyclop balls looked uneven and pitted.

It could be that he's just being a salesman but I don't think that's the case.

When I received a set of Cyclop balls a while back, something struck me odd. In a precision game such as ours, why would a quality ball set feature a cue ball with a raised logo? I don't know whether or not the slight elevation of their logo on whitey would ever cause a problem but why even let someone think it might? No Aramith ball I ever held had any raised anything.

So I know when I shoot a shot with Aramith balls and miss, it was me, damnit.

I think Simonis/Aramith need not worry too much about Cyclop.

best,
brian kc

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Old
  (#218)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

08-29-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin' Chicken View Post
I'm not so sure about this.

I was speaking with Ivan who heads Simonis a couple of days ago on another matter and the subject of Cyclop balls came up. And fyi, as of approx 2 years ago, Simonis bought Saluc and all Aramith ball mfg & operations.

Despite rumors that circulated a while back about Cyclop having a much higher phenolic resin content in their balls compared to Aramith, that was just that, a rumor and not a fact.

According to Ivan, the percentage of phenolic resin in the Aramiths are very close to 100%. Further, they own patented technology which allows them to distribute the phenolic resin molecules very evenly throughout the ball which he says contributes to more perfect roll.

He added that when Cyclop balls were compared with Aramiths under high magnification, that the Aramiths looks very smooth while the Cyclop balls looked uneven and pitted.

It could be that he's just being a salesman but I don't think that's the case.

When I received a set of Cyclop balls a while back, something struck me odd. In a precision game such as ours, why would a quality ball set feature a cue ball with a raised logo? I don't know whether or not the slight elevation of their logo on whitey would ever cause a problem but why even let someone think it might? No Aramith ball I ever held had any raised anything.

So I know when I shoot a shot with Aramith balls and miss, it was me, damnit.

I think Simonis/Aramith need not worry too much about Cyclop.

best,
brian kc
And somewhere in the middle of what Ivan said and the rep from Cyclop said is the truth. Were you expecting Ivan to say, "Cyclop is a better product than ours."? Of course he is going to tout Aramith as the best, as does Cyclop.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#219)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
And somewhere in the middle of what Ivan said and the rep from Cyclop said is the truth. Were you expecting Ivan to say, "Cyclop is a better product than ours."? Of course he is going to tout Aramith as the best, as does Cyclop.
I like to rely on myself being logical and a good observer, both of which have served me pretty well over the years.

If I am betting my life on which brand is better quality, Aramith or Cyclop, I'm confidently going with Aramith, zero hesitation.

Johnny come lately (Cyclop) vs the old school standard by which all others are compared (Aramith), a raised logo (Cyclop) vs smooth as a baby's behind (Aramith), Asian import (Cyclop) vs Belgium made (Aramith)....

it didn't take much salesmanship to convince me which balls *really* are the better ones.

best,
brian kc

Last edited by Kickin' Chicken; 08-29-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Old
  (#220)
fastone371
AzB Gold Member
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I like to rely on myself being, logical, a good observer, both of which have served me pretty well over the years.

If I am betting my life on which brand is better quality, Aramith or Cyclop, I'm confidently going with Aramith, zero hesitation.

Johnny come lately (Cyclop) vs the old school standard by which all others are compared (Aramith), a raised logo (Cyclop) vs smooth as a baby's behind (Aramith), Asian import (Cyclop) vs Belgium made (Aramith)....

it didn't take much salesmanship to convince me which balls *really* are the better ones.

best,
brian kc
I gotta agree with kicken chicken here, well said, it will be some time before we find out if the Cyclops balls pass the test of time like Aramith.

Old
  (#221)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I like to rely on myself being logical and a good observer, both of which have served me pretty well over the years.

best,
brian kc
I have yet to see a set of Cyclop balls....but they're losing me on the raised logo.

It's actually RAISED?
If it is, it means there are a whole lot of things wrong.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

EL'nino is my hero

Old
  (#222)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

08-29-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:

best,
brian kc
Have you played with a set? They play good although I don't care for the cue ball.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#223)
leto1776
AzB Silver Member
leto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
I have yet to see a set of Cyclop balls....but they're losing me on the raised logo.

It's actually RAISED?
If it is, it means there are a whole lot of things wrong.
It's an illusion.

Chuck Stephenson
Joss fan

Those who can, do. Those who can't "teach," or claime to be "the teacher"

Old
  (#224)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
It's an illusion.
Hm, like the red dot cue-ball from Diamond looks like it has depth but is actually smooth?
I got to get one.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

EL'nino is my hero

Old
  (#225)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado

08-29-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Hm, like the red dot cue-ball from Diamond looks like it has depth but is actually smooth?
I got to get one.
no, it's raised to the touch. really.

this doesn't inspire confidence in quality.

@ rexus: I like the look of the cyclop balls and they played well in the 10 or so racks I've played with them. I did put the cue ball away in favor of the much more preferred measel ball.

There had been reports of excessive skidding; I didn't experience this.

best,
brian kc

Page 15 of 15 « First 5131415

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: