Any baseball players/coaches? (pool related)

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not much into gimmicks, but more and more of the top amateur and pro batters are using the Prohitter device:http://www.prohitter.com.

Could the utility possibly carryover to the pool grip?

I'm surprised Earl isn't wearing one yet.

Attachments

• prohitter_3.jpg
    prohitter_3.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,216

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Yeah, this device is NOT for the grip (per my experience), it's to protect your hand from a "stinger". I don't know anyone that wears it for helping their grip, etc. But, hey if they want to add it to their promo, that's cool.

If you don't hit the ball on the sweet spot of the bat, you can get a stinger that hurts like a b1tch. Hitting it on the handle or the very edge of the bat produces the "sting". The colder it is out, the more it stings.

I usually only wore one when it was 60 degrees out or colder outside. Lots of folks wear them that use wood bats. You'll see some major leagues that don't wear them, and you can tell on the cold days when they are shaking their hands after a hit when they get to 1B. Ever work outside bare handed in the winter and then hit your hands on something hard. It's like that but 10 time worse :)

It would have zero application to billiards, unless you are breaking 9ball, outside, in Canada, during winter ;)

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Hum his hands kinda cocked like svb!

Lol

It’s just a device to teach a muppet to line up the finger knuckles not the ones on your fist.

It lets the wrist move, creates more batspeed and power instead of their elbows out and tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Hum his hands kinda cocked like svb!

Lol

It’s just a device to teach a muppet to line up the finger knuckles not the ones on your fist.

It lets the wrist move, creates more batspeed and power instead of their elbows out and tight

Snooker cues and some pool cues have a wedge in the butt that is the basic equal of that idea for pool.

Put the wedge down fingers wrap around it and the thumb will point to the ground

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those have been around a long time.

When I was in college playing baseball back in the late 80's I had one and a lot of guys used them. But I didn't like the way it felt so I never really used mine. Nice to see something coming around again and being used. Brings back great memeries. :)