How to Aim Pool Shots (HAPS) - new videos by Dr. Dave and Bob Jewett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Point 4

No, Dr. Dave is not anti CTE as long as he can paint his picture of CTE the way he desires to on his site. Plain and simple:.... The CTE material on his sight does reflect REAL CTE in any way. AND THAT IS THE WAY HE WANTS IT!

Stan Shuffett

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
No, Dr. Dave is not anti CTE as long as he can paint his picture of CTE the way he desires to on his site. Plain and simple:.... The CTE material on his sight does NOT reflect REAL CTE in any way. AND THAT IS THE WAY HE WANTS IT!

Stan Shuffett

;) everyone talks about being in the "zone" or playing "good" but if they were just a little more cognizant or aware they would realize they were using CTE.

Banks

Banned
Marketing was never at forefront of my purpose. I simply presented my work as it unfolded. My single goal was to solve CTE. I did so and my work resulted in an objectively true and accurate system.

NO OTHER SYSTEM CONNECTS TO THE GEOMETRY OF A 2x1 table as real CTE does......some called statements like that "marketing".... I called it the truth and still do.

Also, The TRUTH is: there are many that do NOT like the idea of real CTE being of another dimension in aiming......many do not like that real CTE does what it does. CTE is what it is......thanks, Hal!!!!

Hal was right over and over again.

Stan Shuffett

Ever thought of backing up a claim with proof?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have 2 videos out and nearly 60 YouTube videos of proof. The proof will come in Math form some day but it will be a presentation tied into perceptual dimension that only few could ever grasp.

I am betting you can not put up a run of 10 ball on a. 9 footer today demonstrating CTE Pro ONE correctly.
Yet .... You are critic. Go figure.

Stan Shuffett

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Tell you what, I don't know what you would accept as proof but here is what I did. I was at Stan's place and I challenged him wth dozens of shots. I was trying to find shots that he could not make somewhere using his method.

Most of the shots he made on the first try or on the second and then he owned it. Some of them took a few more tries as he worked through the possible combinations of visual and sweep. Once he figured it out then he owned that shot.

It was amazing actually to watch him use a method to essentially UNLOCK shots. It wasn't feel and adjust, it was eliminate immediate all visuals that absolutely won't work, left with two possibles, choose one, if it works great and if not choose the other one and it surely works.

I am so confident I would put Stan up in a shot making contest against anyone, including every living pro player. I am pretty sure that most of the people on this forum have ZERO chance to get any where close to Stan's ability to make any given shot. And by that I mean ANY shot that goes to a pocket.

So I don't know what counts as proof but that was pretty damn convincing to me.

Someone posted the math supprting ghost ball on here once years ago. They said it was the math for GB at least. I wouldn't know because I don't understand math at that level. The point is that the math was utterly useless as far as a human being's practical application of the ghost ball method.

And so it is with CTE. The math doesn't matter to the player.

Banks

Banned
I have 2 videos out and nearly 60 YouTube videos of proof. The proof will come in Math form some day but it will be a presentation tied into perceptual dimension that only few could ever grasp.

I am betting you can not put up a run of 10 ball on a. 9 footer today demonstrating CTE Pro ONE correctly.
Yet .... You are critic. Go figure.

Stan Shuffett

That is not "proof".

You're right, I can't put up a run of 10b on a 9' demonstrating CTE or any other "system", because I could care less about that hocus pocus. What I am concerned about is somebody putting up claims that they can't provide evidence of. Even if I "learned" CTE, it still wouldn't mean anything, because I can already do that.

You keep providing "proof", yet don't know the definition of the word. Go figure that.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
That is not "proof".

You're right, I can't put up a run of 10b on a 9' demonstrating CTE or any other "system", because I could care less about that hocus pocus. What I am concerned about is somebody putting up claims that they can't provide evidence of. Even if I "learned" CTE, it still wouldn't mean anything, because I can already do that.

You keep providing "proof", yet don't know the definition of the word. Go figure that.

What would you accept as proof?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is not "proof".

Mr. Banks,

Just simply put the CB at center table and simply show us a few CTE shots directly to any of the 6 pockets that do not work as prescribed. YOU CAN NOT DO IT.

Go ahead and be the man to debunk my hocus pocus.

In the meantime, is there a top pro name out there that would like free training and as a result of that work and study either validate or discredit to the world real CTE ?

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Banks

Banned
Mr. Banks,

Just simply put the CB at center table and simply show us a few CTE shots to any of the 6 pockets that do not work as prescribed. YOU CAN NOT DO IT.

Go ahead and be the man to debunk my hocus pocus.

In the meantime, is there a top pro name out there that would like free training and as a result of that work and study either validate or discredit to the world real CTE ?

Stan Shuffett

You're right. I also can't fly a plane.

Prove your claim that CTE "connects to the geometry of the table". Right there, you claim that it is mathematically sound, so let's see how you've arrived at that conclusion. Any time now.. or do you need another five years? See, now there's something YOU CAN NOT DO either. :thumbup:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
In case people got lost in this thread and didn't see the original intent, here are the free clips available from Bob Jewett and I for your viewing pleasure:

NV E.1 - Fractional-Ball Aiming, from HAPS I
NV E.2 - Back-Hand (BHE) and Front-Hand English (FHE), from HAPS I
NV E.3 - Using "Gearing" Outside English to Eliminate Throw, from HAPS I
NV E.4 - Carom-Shot Trisect-Draw System, from HAPS II
NV E.5 - Combination Shot Throw Adjustment, from HAPS II
NV E.6 - Rail Cut Shot Aiming, w/ and w/o Sidespin, from HAPS II
NV E.7 - Mirror Kick-Shot Aiming System, from HAPS III
NV E.8 - 1/3-More-Than-Twice Bank-Shot Aiming System, from HAPS III

Again, these clips have nothing to do with CTE (any of the versions out there), SEE, 90/90, or any other pivot-based or other cut-shot "aiming system."

Enjoy,
Dave

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right. I also can't fly a plane.

Prove your claim that CTE "connects to the geometry of the table". Right there, you claim that it is mathematically sound, so let's see how you've arrived at that conclusion. Any time now.. or do you need another five years? See, now there's something YOU CAN NOT DO either. :thumbup:

REAL CTE is demonstrable and I have presented a wealth if not an entire gold mine of CTE and its connections to a 2x1 table. It is being seen and accepted around the world. Growing every day. It is happening. Turn a blind eye. I do NOT care.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In case people got lost in this thread and didn't see the original intent, here are the free clips available from Bob Jewett and I for you viewing pleasure:

NV E.1 - Fractional-Ball Aiming, from HAPS I
NV E.4 - Carom-Shot Trisect-Draw System, from HAPS II
NV E.5 - Combination Shot Throw Adjustment, from HAPS II
NV E.6 - Rail Cut Shot Aiming, w/ and w/o Sidespin, from HAPS II
NV E.7 - Mirror Kick-Shot Aiming System, from HAPS III
NV E.8 - 1/3-More-Than-Twice Bank-Shot Aiming System, from HAPS III

Again, these clips have nothing to do with CTE (any of the versions out there), SEE, 90/90, or any other pivot-based or other cut-shot "aiming system."

Enjoy,
Dave

Nice... Dr. Dave.....:thumbup:

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REAL CTE is demonstrable and I have presented a wealth if not an entire gold mine of CTE and its connections to a 2x1 table. It is being seen and accepted around the world. Growing every day. It is happening. Turn a blind eye. I do NOT care.

Stan Shuffett

:thumbup: :D

Banks

Banned
REAL CTE is demonstrable and I have presented t a wealth if not an entire gold mine of CTE and its connections to a 2x1 table. It is being seen and accepted around the world. Growing every day. It is happening. Turn a blind eye. I do NOT care.

Stan Shuffett

I can shoot a ball in the hole and say that the way I shoot connects me to the table.. it doesn't make it so. Scientology is growing, too.

I'm not turning a blind eye, I'm calling you out on a false claim that over the years you've shown yourself to be unable to provide any evidence for. I'm done with this episode of "disprove my snake oil". Have a wonderful day.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can shoot a ball in the hole and say that the way I shoot connects me to the table.. it doesn't make it so. Scientology is growing, too.

I'm not turning a blind eye, I'm calling you out on a false claim that over the years you've shown yourself to be unable to provide any evidence for. I'm done with this episode of "disprove my snake oil". Have a wonderful day.

Banks, you are an example of someone that has little to zero understanding of center to edge aiming......yet you chirp as if you know something. You do not know what you don 't know. You are against real CTE and are against what I present...PERIOD.... I think most viewers see right through you.

Stan Shuffett

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What!?

Wow this turned out to be a debate with CTE again........
Whats wrong with this "critiques/naysayers"?

Go Stan...:thumbup:

Banks

Banned
Banks, you are an example of someone that has little to zero understanding of center to edge aiming......yet you chirp as if you know something. You do not know what you don 't know. You are against real CTE and are against what I present...PERIOD.... I think most viewers see right through you.

Stan Shuffett

You're full of crap and you know it. PROVE YOUR CLAIMS.

I'm done with you. Enjoy lying to people.

app4dstn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope that helps. I recommend you watch the following videos, even if you have seen them before, and maybe watch them more than once. You might get more out of them now that you seem to have a better understanding of things.

NV B.70 - Squirt (cue ball deflection), swerve, and throw, from VEPS II
NV B.86 - Cut-induced throw (CIT) and spin-induced throw (SIT), from VEPS IV
HSV B.33 - Outside english gearing, and cut and spin-induced throw

Catch you later,
Dave
one of the example shots from B.86 came into my head last night in my league (8 ball) match. in my case, the angles were slight (maybe in the 10-15* range) and the opponent's ball was further away from mine than in the video but enough of an obstruction that the line of centers would send the OB a half-pocket wide on the far side (maybe into the point if i eluded the blocking ball by a human hair).

at a fairly slow speed, regardless of make/miss, the CB would be left in a spot that worked well for me if i continued and poorly for my opponent if otherwise... it was a no-lose situation.

a week ago, i would've anticipated a miss. but after also checking out TP A.14 (see the "Bottom Line" on pg 6), i lined up for the shot and thought, "maybe, just like Dr Dave says....". and it dropped.

my teammates seated off to the side probably saw it as an uber-skilled aim. but i know otherwise. keep crankin em out, .... knowledge is good!

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're full of crap and you know it. PROVE YOUR CLAIMS.

I'm done with you. Enjoy lying to people.

I know not of the crap you speak of. And no one believes that you know REAL CTE.
If you knew REAL CTE you could see the real way to reach your potential.. Perhaps a 7 ball better than you are now.... You are too closed- minded to see, though.

My work will continue........

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
one of the example shots from B.86 came into my head last night in my league (8 ball) match. in my case, the angles were slight (maybe in the 10-15* range) and the opponent's ball was further away from mine than in the video but enough of an obstruction that the line of centers would send the OB a half-pocket wide on the far side (maybe into the point if i eluded the blocking ball by a human hair).

at a fairly slow speed, regardless of make/miss, the CB would be left in a spot that worked well for me if i continued and poorly for my opponent if otherwise... it was a no-lose situation.

a week ago, i would've anticipated a miss. but after also checking out TP A.14 (see the "Bottom Line" on pg 6), i lined up for the shot and thought, "maybe, just like Dr Dave says....". and it dropped.

my teammates seated off to the side probably saw it as an uber-skilled aim. but i know otherwise. keep crankin em out, .... knowledge is good!
Thank you for sharing your "success story." I'm glad the video helped inspire you to execute your league shot successfully.

I aim to "squerve" (and throw),
Dave