Meucci Cues

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news........Earl is going to team up with Meucci again.

Hopefully it will give Meucci Collectors a chance to finally break even with their investments.:thumbup:

Bring on Buddy Hall turned out to be a flop....:sorry:

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Christmas wishes...

Man... how thing come full circle over the years.

That and I think Meucci has actually step up their line with Pro Series selections. (Link then scroll Down)

Actually I like the Pro Series 5 (Link then scroll Down) because I have 2 of its 'Grandfathers' (2 Mint cond OL-1's) from the 80's. They hit REAL GOOD... Neither are for SALE...Not even to Bob. The OL-1 was my First Pool Cue ever and I bought in South Haven MS when I moved to Memphis in the Mid 80's.

I wish (since it is Christmas and all... Santa bob) that I could get it A Pro Series 5 pre-configured (maybe at a dealer but no such luck yet) at 18.5-19oz, all wood butt with the G-10 pin, 30" Pro Tapered Shaft (or 2), with the Super low Deflection Ferrules, simple Black (non wrap) grip and it doesn't even need a signature... Just a reachable 'Christmas type' price... I might even be willing to give up one of my Orginal OL-1's for the right "Christmas Trade" for the New Pro Series 5 Model mentioned above... hint hint.

This would be my 'new Matching set' of Meucci's... (the Grand dad OL-1 and the Grand son - the Pro) I'd love to do a write up of the new Pro cue characteristics and Meucci's new 'customer relations' effort during this 'giving season'. :thumbup:

picture.php

If you see this post Bob and it can be worked out... My Santa Contact email is rhatten@aol.com. lol It doesn't hurt to ask... does it?

Best of Luck with the Pearl... I'm actually still a fan

Randy

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty cool :)
The Meucci days was when Earl was the man.
Not sure if he`s a good representative for Meucci tho...

On a side note: It`s strange that the big players in cue making like Meucci, McDermott, Lucasi don`t feature as sponsors.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in this case i would like to see Earl playing with this beautiful Meucci cue...

http://www.budgetcues.com/bmc-pro-series-5.htm

:yes:

As usual for Meucci...that is one ugly wrap.

Over the years, that cream color wrap was the worst! Nice cues with an ugly wrap.:p

I used to have Mike Erwin change the ugly wraps and put something on that would match colors in the forearm. Like the Rose cue...always had that changed to black with green or black with red spots.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is true, I'd love to see the monstrosity 70" cue that Bob Meucci comes up with. I can only imagine how crappy a 31"+ Black Dot shaft would play.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is true, I'd love to see the monstrosity 70" cue that Bob Meucci comes up with. I can only imagine how crappy a 31"+ Black Dot shaft would play.

I can't wait to see what kind of spear Bob will create...he is quite IMAGINATIVE!

Whatever it is, you better start saving up for one right now, because the price of it will go up with Earl using it. He can shoot with ANYTHING, but him using it will convince people that it must hit GOOD if Earl likes it.

Meucci has made some GOOD cues over the years. I've never owned one, but I've hit balls with many and they were solid. The only thing I didn't like about them at the time was the shafts seemed to be a bit too "whippy" for me. I preferred a stiffer shaft so that I could keep the cue ball on a tighter string.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played with 5 Meucci's. Only two of them were newer, last 5-10 years or so. I've used the pre-dot shafts (best IMO), red dot shafts, and black dot shafts (worst IMO). The best hitting out of all of them was a 97-10 with a pre-dot shaft. All 4 other cues were actually decent quality, but I have seen some pretty poor QC examples. I never paid anymore than $200 for one (including a 21-03). Two were free (including the 97-10).

If there is a cue made for Earl, I highly doubt it will become production and it will exceed the QC of other Meucci cues by miles.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:love:

Came from Earl Stricklin...pool player.:thumbup:

Was this on a FB page or Twitter or ...?

Can wait to see what Monster sized cue Meucci offers up... Mike Gulyassy WAS on tap to cut a tree down to 'fit his style'. Lomax was his jumper.. I wonder what happens on that side as well...

hmm ... post info updates please

thx

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
I LOVE my BMC Pro 3. It hits COMPLETELY different than their production cues. I have about 11 right now. They're all the same feeling depending on the shaft. The pro shaft is completely different too. I'd imagine Bob's trying to do something different to compete with other more "custom" cues.

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The black dot shaft has the be the worst shaft ever made from a experienced builder, and I have never seen a straight one,but a few old Meucci butt's and good custom shaft will play as good as any cue out there, as far as I'm concerned.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I did like some of the old Meucci cues. The Giant Slayer, the fish hook, Gambler. I did like those specific cues. I own a Gambler, but the shaft is like shooting with a cane pole.... Ive had the stick for 25 years and it looks damn near new BC I cant stand the way it hits and I never got around to getting a shaft that actually hits the cue ball predictably.... so it will likely stay in my case another 25 years.

I bet I could get Bob Meucci to make a decent hitting cue if I were as famous as Earl. I wish him a HUGE amount of luck in that long-shot.

If I were Earl, I'd prolly just shoot with $250.00 McDermott and be happy. Awesome cues, awesome hit and they would make me a 100" cue if I wanted one.... might cost an extra $75.00. Then I would go to my anger management group therapy session and live in peace.

Lesh

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Meucci Gem-3 is the first and only custom cue I have ever owned. Compared to everyday sticks, it's an absolute pleasure to shoot with. I play it every day, even breaking with it. I don't pamper it or treat it like a collectable. I just enjoy it. I bought it for it looks after looking at hundreds of high end sticks. I wasn't that concerned with price. I think after the upgrades I was somewhere close to $900.00 but it was some of the most enjoyable money I've spent on myself in many years.

Attachments

• Meucci Gem-3 Cue stick.jpg
    Meucci Gem-3 Cue stick.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,158