Cloth coming up on my pockets.

Uniballpenman

Registered
Good afternoon y'all,

We recently had a table installed here in Houston. A couple of days after install I noticed that the cloth started unraveling under the shelf of the pockets.

I will post a few pictures later but I wanted to ask. What kind of spray glue, adhesive product can I use, to attach the cloth back to the slate under the shelf? The cloth was glued on because of the specs of the table, there was no wood under the slate to staple the cloth (that's what I was told, I'm no table mechanic)

I reached out to the owner of the company personally so he could make it right, it's been less that two weeks since the table was installed, but he has not answered my texts/calls. Thanks guys.
Table is a Brunswick Viscount 8 footer, cloth is Simonis 860.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Good afternoon y'all,

We recently had a table installed here in Houston. A couple of days after install I noticed that the cloth started unraveling under the shelf of the pockets.

I will post a few pictures later but I wanted to ask. What kind of spray glue, adhesive product can I use, to attach the cloth back to the slate under the shelf? The cloth was glued on because of the specs of the table, there was no wood under the slate to staple the cloth (that's what I was told, I'm no table mechanic)

I reached out to the owner of the company personally so he could make it right, it's been less that two weeks since the table was installed, but he has not answered my texts/calls. Thanks guys.
Table is a Brunswick Viscount 8 footer, cloth is Simonis 860.

Isn't your slate backed with wood?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
the cheaper version of the Viscount with 3/4" slate likely does not have wood backing.

Trent from Toledo.

p.s. from my experience the spray 3m-77 does not mix well with 3m n-10 contact adhesive.