Fun Help thread

flinchfree

Registered
Just negotiated to buy a GC1 in a color combo I hadn't planned on.:D
I get the chance to choose cloth color and would love to hear opinions.
Table has Tangerine apron and ball box, white base.
I have been thinking of continuing the eye opening combo by going (Simonis 860) blue/green, subtle-ing down with powder blue, or keeping it bright with electric blue.

Thoughts?
BlueGreen.jpg PowderBlue.jpg ElectricBlue.jpg

Brunswick GC1 Tangerine pic1.jpg

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just negotiated to buy a GC1 in a color combo I hadn't planned on.:D
I get the chance to choose cloth color and would love to hear opinions.
Table has Tangerine apron and ball box, white base.
I have been thinking of continuing the eye opening combo by going (Simonis 860) blue/green, subtle-ing down with powder blue, or keeping it bright with electric blue.

Thoughts?
View attachment 457448 View attachment 457449 View attachment 457450

View attachment 457444

Really cool table.

The tangerine apron looks so old school.
I would say go subtle with the cloth color.

You already have a table that is eye-catching enough.
If you go too bright with the cloth color, you may take away a bit of the natural beauty of the table. Go easy, my friend. :smile:

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I wouldn't be so worried if your "Purse matches your shoes" ... it's not a fashion show. I would consider what you want to play on and that should be Simonis Tournament Blue. Just my two cents. ;)

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't say as I'm wild about either of these. I'd guess Simonis green or Tournament blue????
gold-crown-i-antique-pool-table.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's in your home, I'd decide based on the asthetic look of the table. Old school looking tables look better in green. More modern tables look better in blue.

I've heard blue is easier on the eyes, but I don't have eye issues either way.

Personally, I'd go with the green.

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd go with the blue/green. I just prefer it over the tournament blue and I think the blue/green is more appropriate for the table. i'll be ordering a Diamond and will be going with more traditional colors myself.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
here's what you'll get with the tangerine GC1 and tourney blue 860. I like it but think the standard green would also look great with tangerine.

I went with the blue because my vision is bad and I feel like I can pick up the edges a little better against the tourney blue.

GL

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• pool-table-niche.jpg
    pool-table-niche.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 241
  • tv-new-shelf.jpg
    tv-new-shelf.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 230

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you a serious player who practices frequently and for long hours, or are you more of a recreational player who only plays when you have friends over. If you're the latter, go with what looks the best. If you're the former.....well there's a reason why the traffic signal for " Go" is green.

Green is the most pleasing color to the human eye. That's because the human eye has adapted to grassy and leafy stuff that sprouts from dirt...most of which is green. I don't know about you; but I've found over many thousands of hours of practice, that POOL IS ONE DAMN FRUSTRATING GAME!

I've been playing for 46 years. I've never broken a cue in anger.....yet! I've never put anything but green cloth on my table. Green is soothing color. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!

flinchfree

Registered
Thanks for the replies to everyone!

Pics you've posted help alot. Even though tourney blue would make sense with the table, it's a little bright for me.....I'm going to take the advice to go a version of green, either standard or blue/green and stay a little old school.

In terms of am I a player of just someone with cash to throw at a casual hangout?
Hell yeah I'm a player:p. - though a snooker kid at heart growing up on 12ft tables in Melbourne Australia, running some halls, generally avoiding commitment....

Lived here in the US since 2000, but still bewildered by American tables with pockets so big you can run balls up a rail, have them bounce away leaving the line, but still drop in to a cavernous hole at the other end.
I'm 48 and the plan is to be a serious player chasing tournaments around the world by early retirment - say 55.
Hopefully the tech who installs the table can shim those pockets a little.

I'll be back with a few more threads in the coming weeks as I continue my journey, and hope to continue finding the kind of knowledge that is obviously in abundance on this forum.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same table. Simonis Green taken with flash only. Simonis Blue/Green with overhead fluorescent only. Even with the huge disparity in exposures, you can clearly see the huge amount of blue. Newly installed, the Green is as blinding as was the Blue/Green.
See my avatar.
Sorry for the huge images; thought I had downsized 'em. Oh well.

IMG_6001.jpg

DSC_1030.jpg

Last edited: