Tipping ivory ferrules cues

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For tip repair I have used a Willard tipper. I have a cue with an ivory ferrule, but without a tip pad.

I am hesitant to use the Willard's abrasive disk to get down to the bare ferrule to install the tip pad, I'm afraid the relatively coarse abrasive could cause the edge of the ferrule to chip.

Any suggestions, and also where is a good place to get the tip pads?

Thanks

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For tip repair I have used a Willard tipper. I have a cue with an ivory ferrule, but without a tip pad.

I am hesitant to use the Willard's abrasive disk to get down to the bare ferrule to install the tip pad, I'm afraid the relatively coarse abrasive could cause the edge of the ferrule to chip.

Thanks

Ask any cuemaker, repair guy (or girl...) in your area.
If you dont have any luck, I'm sure some one here can send you a few.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

If your using a wizard for tipping the first thing you should do is give the cue back to the owner and tell them to bring it to someone who knows what they are doing, If you have to ask the questions your asking then your not the person for the job, Sorry But that's the truth,,,,, If your feeling brave and still want to go through with it PM me your mailing address and I will send you a couple pads,,,

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
fiber pad

Thanks

Meullers
Cue man billiards
Atlas
cueveneer,com

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

Hi Maxx
The fact that your cautious is a good thing. I started with a Willard. Take your time and you'll be fine. I agree with MortuaryMike on where to get the pads.