itrader and wanted/for sale forum

CueAddict81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure how all this works but just wanted to leave good feedback on billiardbill for a great quick transaction :)

RogerSLC-LV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clothdude !

I just finished a deal with Scott. Item was accurately described and quickly shipped. A+
Regards, Roger

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
itrader help

This is what I get ..I still can't leave feedback if I'm doing something wrong help me! Lol

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if t his is problem but also write a message in big box for additional comments then try and submit it might help but not sure

cali_gurl9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add Sub Category "For Trade"

Hi, I like the sub categories that you've created under the Wanted/For Sale Forum, but would it be possible to add a "Trade Only" Category?

I think it'd be cool to have sales, trades, ebay all separate.

Thanks for the consideration,
Len

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ban a seller & his shills

One thing that disturbs me most is a seller & their shills. I have little activity here these days & that started with reading two bit hustles from the seller or shills. Its really cheap & petty to anyone with common sense.

I say max three times, you & any obvious shill is history. Its not a back alley deal its upfront, truthful, be accountable or you get the boot.

littlewing1208

Registered
I want to spread some education and experience about Paypal (I don't work there or have any direct affiliation with PayPal). As a buyer of goods on the internet, you want to send your payment for goods and services, even if that means the receiver of funds wants to you to cover the fees. This is particularly important if you don't know the seller or if they have a low itrader score and you are concern about the potential flakiness in the transaction.

If you send your payment for goods and services instead of a gift, you, as the buyer, have a lot of protections from Paypal. If you send your payment as a gift, you do not have any protections. This protection is great for when the item never arrives (there is a catch to items significantly not as described). Paypal says their SNAD policy does not cover 'custom made' items which might be of interest to a crowd on a pool forum, so for custom built cues, escrow might be the better option. However, damaged goods is different than SNAD.

For context, even though I'm new on this forum, I've sold and purchased $10k+ of goods over forums (mostly car parts, racing tires, tools, furniture etc). A few years ago, I purchased a $700 transmission for my friends BMW race car and it was never shipped and PayPal reimbursed me within days of filing the dispute. I paid ~$21 in paypal fees for this transaction and it saved me $680!

Another thing I should mention is I have seen people list the 'price with fees if not sent as a gift' as a price that is higher than what the base price plus the 2.9% + $0.30. I think there is a subtle, but important point to this. This says they are urging you to not send the payment for goods and services with a higher fee knowing that many people would just send as a gift and therefore forfeit their buyer protection. I personally take this as shady*and would not do business with someone who has a FS listing like that.

So if you see someone post $500 as gift or $530 otherwise, steer clear because they have the ability to rip you off by not shipping the item and you have no recourse if you send the payment as a gift. The price as goods and services would be (500+0.30)/0.971 = $515.24 and after the 2.9% + 0.30 of paypal fees, would leave the seller with exactly $500 in their account.

stick130

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me about Mike Gulyassy Cues? I have a jump break cue built by him the cue only had{ MG Patent Pending ] on the bottom of the butt. I need to get rid of some cues, I've bought several over the past 40 years. I just sold my first shaft today. I just want a fair price.

Last edited:

RCLane

Cue Buyer Of What I Like
Silver Member
OK gang, looks like we need to figure a few things out here. Having some problems lately with users flaking on deals and then whining about it when they are asked to do the right thing.

Want to remind everyone of a couple of things. Someone posting a negative itrader after a deal is not reason to post a negative itrader back. If you were happy with the deal, give them a positive itrader. If they give you a negative one, then reply with your side of what happened and let future customers decide whether to do business with you on their own after reading the facts.

I am thinking about the idea of putting some users on wanted/for sale probation if they have multiple legitimate complaints about the way they do business. I am open to anyone's thoughts on this sort of thing.

Also interested in other ideas as to how to police this area better. If you have an opinion, this is the place to make it known.

Mike
I had a person reply to me about a deal that I inquired about 3 weeks later after I first contacted him.

Then after those 3 weeks, he finally contacts me back he's warning me that backing outta deals will get me a bad rap.

I thought to myself, if a seller was interested about selling goods. Why would they wait 3 weeks to see if I'm still interested in buying products from them.

My knowledge is the seller is wrong. An they should never wait that long to contact a buyer back unless the website has specific details about the possibility a buyer might have to wait that long.

In the situation I was in, it had none of this. So every so often these sellers aren't up to par themselves.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

RCLane

Cue Buyer Of What I Like
Silver Member
Split Wanted and For Sale into two sections. Wanted section anyone can post, For Sale section you must be a paid member to post a new thread. Will weed out a lot of the scammers and with enough substantiated complaints the membership is pulled and no more posting. Just a suggestion.
That's a great idea, you want to drive all your possible members to Facebook or you just want everyone to pay no matter what when theirs tons of free sites on the Internet out there.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Hit Man

<-------GANGSTA'
Silver Member
exclusive section

Hey Mods! Just a thought. Why not make an exclusive buying and selling section on the forum for AZB gold members. Paid members can buy/sell/trade pool related items separate from the general population. Less bumping and less hassles.
Several other forums like AZB use this method successfully to accommodate growing membership. :smile:

Msleight

Registered
You could do it like mercari the sells app. The buyer has the money sent to you and you hold it until they receive the product and it is what's promised then the money is given to them and If not they have to show real proof of why it's not the correct product or not as described correctly. Also if it's a cue you could always have it sent to the Billiards store in your area and be there when it's opened so you have a witness on it's condition. But the best Idea is just to Be honest

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a hard enough time just getting people to post feedback in general. I've had at least a minimum of a dozen positive deals on here, and politely remind folks to please leave iTrader feedback. My rep says "3" points!!!
I've only left feedbackfor those that were cool enough to do it for me.

P

Pboudreau

I need some help trying to post pictures of my pool cue I'm trying to sell them for some reason it keeps saying error uploading