Question about sanding the dirty wear off of an old Meucci sneaky butt?

I have this old Meucci sneaky pete cue, and it appears that someone may have sanded the upper part of the forearm, and then maybe throughout the years, that area got very dirty.

I do not have the money right now to get the cue refinished, so I am wondering if I could maybe sand that dirty area (with maybe some low grit sandpaper), to make the cue look a little better?

I just hate the way the upper part of the forearm looks, and would like to try to clean it if possible.

If you think it would be safe to try to sand that dirty area, to try to clean it up, should I wear some type of mask?

I do not want to get ill off of all of the wood dust that would come off of it.

Would be doing it by hand, because I do not have a lathe.

Thank you very much for any suggestions on how I could clean the upper part of the forearm (up near the joint) that looks to be very worn out (for some unknown reason).

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 701

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The finish wore off. For best results, you need a lathe.

If you mail it to me, I'll clean up the entire cue and seal the exposed area for $20 + return shipping.

Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have this old Meucci sneaky pete cue, and it appears that someone may have sanded the upper part of the forearm, and then maybe throughout the years, that area got very dirty.

I do not have the money right now to get the cue refinished, so I am wondering if I could maybe sand that dirty area (with maybe some low grit sandpaper), to make the cue look a little better?

I just hate the way the upper part of the forearm looks, and would like to try to clean it if possible.

If you think it would be safe to try to sand that dirty area, to try to clean it up, should I wear some type of mask?

I do not want to get ill off of all of the wood dust that would come off of it.

Would be doing it by hand, because I do not have a lathe.

Thank you very much for any suggestions on how I could clean the upper part of the forearm (up near the joint) that looks to be very worn out (for some unknown reason).

Do you have a job?

Dale

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideologist is your best option. Next would be do what measureman says, but go 'lightly'. The guy who gave it to you may think you're unappreciative and the guy you sell it to may prefer you not work on it or just play it as is !!!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Ideologist is your best option. Next would be do what measureman says, but go 'lightly'. The guy who gave it to you may think you're unappreciative and the guy you sell it to may prefer you not work on it or just play it as is !!!

I normally wouldn't even charge him here but I need to buy a new tub of the compound I use to cut crud on old finishes and it's like $30. If I can ship under $10, then his shipping is covered in the fee.