Mid cue extension by blokid

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made a thread not long ago asking for advice on who I should get to make me a mid cue extension.

It turned out that Blokid here on AZ had one in stock.

He says it is 2" long, Gabon ebony, weighs .9 ounces and will work perfect on my LE roadline5 and revo shaft.

It is suppose to be here in 5 to 7 days.

I am really interested on how the cue plays with his extension.

I will report back after it arrives and after a little playtime.

EDIT:

Instead of .9 I originally put .09. Fixed now....

Last edited:

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
it is not possible for a 2" long piece of ebony the diameter of a cue joint to weigh .09 ounces...

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a 4" mid extension from Blokid a few months ago. It was black and I needed to go from a 3/8 x 10 to Uniloc. He did a great job and I was extremely happy with the purchase. I hope you have good results.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told the extension weighs .9 ounces.

I originally wanted a 3" and 6" and maybe even 10".

When I contacted him through pm he said he had the 2" already made. So, I thought buy that one, try it out and if it's good to go then order the others needed.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You think that's too much or too little? I think if it's a radial pin with wood only female end and aluminum screw on the male end, it may be possible.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

All I know at this point is that it's radial, 2" long, gabon ebony, .9 ounces and that it will roll perfect with my roadline5 and revo and that is suppose to be at my door within 5-7 days from purchase date which was 1/6/18.

BTW, I have played with extensions for a long time now.

The mid-cue extensions I currently have are 3.25" (1.65 oz), 4" (1.8 oz), 5" (2 oz), 6" (2.35 oz) and 8" (2.98 oz). They were made by Pechauer and are maple and have Pechauer's special pin and insert. The cue is a Pechauer and shaft is the 11.75 P-Lite 30".

The reason I have the 3.25, 4, 5 etc is because I wanted to see if I could tell a difference in deflection, feedback...etc...etc between each step up in length.

I did the same type test that Dr. Dave did with the markings etc... on table and shot several shots at what I call slow, medium and fast speeds using from .25 tip to extreme outside/inside spin.

As far as how the cue ball reacted, well, the longer the extension the further out the ball deflected from target which was what I expected. Of course, speed also made a difference as well all know.

However, I could not tell much difference (less than expected) between no mid-cue ext and the 3.25" ext. It was a very, very short adjustment period.

The 4" and 5" ext's took a bit longer to get use to when using side spin, but was a bit better (compared to 3.25" and no ext) at table length shots with center ball, center top or center bottom.

The 6" and 8", well, for me, it took a good amount of time to really adjust to any kind of side spin and still be consistent. However, to me, the 6" and 8" really made the long shots with no side spin even easier than the 4" and 5".

I can see why Earl, Shane and some other pros use super long cues. It really makes potting balls with no side spin much, much easier. As for using inside/outside spin....lol.....that's another story and also why everyone does not use Earl and Shane super cues.

I am very curious how the revo will perform when tested they way I did the Pechauer cue and differenct extension lengths and weights.

Have a good one,

Rake

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I know at this point is that it's radial, 2" long, gabon ebony, .9 ounces and that it will roll perfect with my roadline5 and revo and that is suppose to be at my door within 5-7 days from purchase date which was 1/6/18.

BTW, I have played with extensions for a long time now.

The mid-cue extensions I currently have are 3.25" (1.65 oz), 4" (1.8 oz), 5" (2 oz), 6" (2.35 oz) and 8" (2.98 oz). They were made by Pechauer and are maple and have Pechauer's special pin and insert. The cue is a Pechauer and shaft is the 11.75 P-Lite 30".

The reason I have the 3.25, 4, 5 etc is because I wanted to see if I could tell a difference in deflection, feedback...etc...etc between each step up in length.

I did the same type test that Dr. Dave did with the markings etc... on table and shot several shots at what I call slow, medium and fast speeds using from .25 tip to extreme outside/inside spin.

As far as how the cue ball reacted, well, the longer the extension the further out the ball deflected from target which was what I expected. Of course, speed also made a difference as well all know.

However, I could not tell much difference (less than expected) between no mid-cue ext and the 3.25" ext. It was a very, very short adjustment period.

The 4" and 5" ext's took a bit longer to get use to when using side spin, but was a bit better (compared to 3.25" and no ext) at table length shots with center ball, center top or center bottom.

The 6" and 8", well, for me, it took a good amount of time to really adjust to any kind of side spin and still be consistent. However, to me, the 6" and 8" really made the long shots with no side spin even easier than the 4" and 5".

I can see why Earl, Shane and some other pros use super long cues. It really makes potting balls with no side spin much, much easier. As for using inside/outside spin....lol.....that's another story and also why everyone does not use Earl and Shane super cues.

I am very curious how the revo will perform when tested they way I did the Pechauer cue and differenct extension lengths and weights.

Have a good one,

Rake

Thanks for all this info!

I got a 4" mid extension about 4 years ago, maybe 5. It was before the whole extension fad. Mine was built by Mike Webb. The original idea was to see if a longer cue would work well for me without buying a whole longer cue. My extension is maple with a phenolic sleeve over it. I specifically chose a G10 pin for both the weight and the hit. There is no metal in my extension and it weighs about 1 oz.

It took me 3 tries to finally convert to the extension. The biggest thing that threw me off was that my cue didn't feel a stiff as it did before. For me, and almost everyone that tries my cue, I swear there is *less* deflection (squirt) with the extension. Finally I realized that I simply was more accurate and consistent with my stroke, because I could stand in a more natural and repeatable position with less effort. Between my 3 attempts to change it took about 8 months to convert over. But now I don't even think of looking back, or of getting a different cue. My cue plays excellent just the way it is with my extension. I love it. I'm very happy I settled on something that works for me.

KMRUNOUT

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm still waiting on the mid cue extension by Blokid.

It was suppose to be at my door by 1/15/18.

I contacted Blokid and he informed me that the package was being held up due to weather at one of the int' airports.

From what I've heard about his work, the extension will be worth the wait....lol.....but, having to use a 58" in cue again is really hurting my game.

I'm really looking forward to using it on the revo.

PS....you folks that have ordered things from Vietnam, how did the process go for you?

Rake

manopr350

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mid Extensions

He is a very good at his craft and he is honest. I have order several extensions from him with specific measurements and he has come thru with flying colors.
Sometimes the delivery time is not as expected due to the distance ( Vietnam ) but it will be delivered.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know of a guy who bought one of his extensions a while back . I was looking up some stats on apa players in my league and see that this guy has went from a 5 to a 7 in 9 ball. I was honestly quite surprised to see this jump in his skill level as I did not think he had it in him. I am actually quite impressed because I have always beat him when we played but he was a 5 like me. Last time we played was just a few months ago. Again....impressed that he has jumped from a 5 to a 7 in just a few months.

Not saying using this extension has helped his game but it definitely has not hurt it.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

Attachments

• rsz_dscn4091.jpg
    rsz_dscn4091.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 291

mr8ball

I make mine out of Webb wood. I have made them from 2 in to 4 in. Mine weigh about 1.8 oz at 4 inches. It moves the balance forward about an inch for the 5/16-14 joint. As far as the hit it feels solid.

Attachments

• C1963B44-B3FF-4E0A-B5BC-0EC7C087345F.jpg
    C1963B44-B3FF-4E0A-B5BC-0EC7C087345F.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 260

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The extension I purchased from blokid came in today.

I checked the extension's specs and they are exactly what Blokid said they would be.

I rolled the cue (with ext attached) across table and it was rolls perfect.

I did not get to play with it today and probably will not be able to anytime soon, so I can't comment on changes as far as cue performance compared to no extension.

I was told at doc's office today that I gonna have to have yet another back surgery.

As soon as I'm able to play again will comment on performance even though i have a feeling I will love it.

Will see as soon as my back surgery is over.

Rake

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
can you tag him so I. can order one?

He goes by Blokid here on azb.

His work is as good as anyone's but better than most. His prices are below average compared to most makers that are nowhere near as skilled as he is.

As long as you don't mind a longer wait than you would from average maker in the states he definitely is your man.

Like I said, he's on azb as Blokid. Send him a PM and within a day or two I'm sure he'll respond with questions about what want.

He will keep you updated weekly after work is underway. Like others have said, I too found him to be a man of his word.

Don't hesitate with him.

Rake