Mosconi Cup Prediction Poll

Who should be on the 2014 US Mosconi Cup Team

• Total voters

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surely it would be better if Shane was off the poll and we voted for the other four spots. If you want to keep it to 25 then try John Schmidt

Last edited:

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Surely it would be better if Shane was off the poll and we voted for the other four spots. If you want to keep it to 25 then try John Schmidt

...that would only free up one additional spot...and there seems to be several write in candidates.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on Brent...Donny has the heart of a peanut and if you pick Hennessey you might as well put dechaine in. That way we have two of the most moody players on earth.:thumbup:

Stop it. Scotty
If you think any of those Euros are robbing Donny playing 9-ball, I just say get em up there.

One thing I know about Donny after playing him a million times myself and working for him, is this. You put him on a PAID freeroll like the MOSCONI CUP is and he may NEVER miss a ball. He will play like its a $20 set, I can guarantee you that. And there's no human on earth that's beating him playing races to 11, 21 or anything for $20.

Its amazing how that works with him, cause it's not like he is in need of cash. It's just the way he's always been.

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stop it. Scotty
If you think any of those Euros are robbing Donny playing 9-ball, I just say get em up there.

One thing I know about Donny after playing him a million times myself and working for him, is this. You put him on a PAID freeroll like the MOSCONI CUP is and he may NEVER miss a ball. He will play like its a $20 set, I can guarantee you that. And there's no human on earth that's beating him playing races to 11, 21 or anything for $20.

Its amazing how that works with him, cause it's not like he is in need of cash. It's just the way he's always been.

Lol...Thrills and Chills, it's Donny Mills. He can't beat James anymore..j/k put him on there I'll pull for him.:thumbup:

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
His soft break is killer with the 9 on the spot, see 2001 US Open.

I agree, but that's not the format. It's carny game 2-4" box hit'em hard as you can...

I like Corey's game after the break. He's amazing. Thing is we need big breakers to have a chance. If Corey can break hard come choosing time, he'd have my vote of confidence.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I agree, but that's not the format. It's carny game 2-4" box hit'em hard as you can...

I like Corey's game after the break. He's amazing. Thing is we need big breakers to have a chance. If Corey can break hard come choosing time, he'd have my vote of confidence.

He's actually capable of breaking very hard, he just chooses not to,
see this old post by the creator of the break speed app.
Corey was able to pass 30 mph within a couple of tries.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=2430923&postcount=2

We NEED a break expert to dissect the high rack and hard center break requirements,
and come up with a substitute 'wing ball' that the americans can make reliably.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
He's actually capable of breaking very hard, he just chooses not to,
see this old post by the creator of the break speed app.
Corey was able to pass 30 mph within a couple of tries.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=2430923&postcount=2

We NEED a break expert to dissect the high rack and hard center break requirements,
and come up with a substitute 'wing ball' that the americans can make reliably.

I thought Corey's shoulder was messed up, preventing him from breaking hard. That was why he was second ball breaking, left handed.

If Corey can bring a break with him, he should be in the running.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Sky Woodward

wow! just watched him play SVB in USBTC 9-ball match...kid absolutely does not rattle. If you gotta bring a young gun into Blackpool...

TheThaiger

Banned
ok, 12 votes, 10 for SVB. I want explanations from the 2 that didn't vote for him. :rolleyes:

are you 2 thinking that the others being around him will ruin their own games when they realize how good they are not?

I'd say there's a decent case to be made for benching SVB. His MC record is mediocre at best, he doesn't strike me as being much of a team player and a team of him plus 4 starry-eyed young guns, if that is to be the case, would put him under enormous pressure to act as a role model. Would he respond well to it? Is he a natural leader of men?

Not saying it's going to happen, but it's not entirely impossible.

And Blackpool...You don't know Blackpool...it is going to be brutal...York Hall on steroids, cut with Special Brew and lard. You know the basic premise of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? Well Blackpool is often compared to Vegas. A BAD Vegas, the polar image of Vegas. A bad trip in a bad Vegas, in the middle of winter. :eek:

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
I'd say there's a decent case to be made for benching SVB. His MC record is mediocre at best, he doesn't strike me as being much of a team player and a team of him plus 4 starry-eyed young guns, if that is to be the case, would put him under enormous pressure to act as a role model. Would he respond well to it? Is he a natural leader of men?

And Blackpool...You don't know Blackpool...it is going to be brutal...York Hall on steroids, cut with Special Brew and lard. You know the basic premise of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? Well Blackpool is often compared to Vegas. A BAD Vegas, the polar image of Vegas. A bad trip in a bad Vegas, in the middle of winter. :eek:

...and I remember after losing 3 straight years to the Pistons, there were those calling for Jordan to be traded, and bring in guys who were "team players" and "leaders"

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've gotta agree with this assessment. SVB did dog a lot of shots in the MC. Although, those mostly were in his first two or three MC's. It does hurt to post that about my fav player.

As for the Blackpool and the "young gun" theory, the young guys will most probably take the worst of it initially. But, like SVB, they'll eventually overcome that hurdle. I say give the young guns a chance. Not all at once. Start with Landon or another solid player with integrity that carries his self well and shows respect to others.