Mosconi Cup Disadvantage?

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm so sick and tired of people putting down the Americans. Considering the state of affairs in a fractured American pool industry, one which has not even a tour or an organization representing its interests to the WPA, the American pros are doing the best they can to survive. The BCA organization is responsible for what has happened to the professional pool in America. They dropped the ball when they let a man with not one iota of experience run a pro pool organization, only to have him reap the benefits of sponsors and jump ship when he recognized what he built was sinking faster than the Titanic.

Maybe the reason the Mosconi Cup has multiple countries versus the United States is because that's the only way they can win. Try to pit, as an example, Switzerland against Team USA and see how far they get.

USA, ALL THE WAY!

Why not the county of Yorkshire vs the USA? ;)

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why all this discussion about USA vs some country rather then Europe? The MC is USA vs Europe that's it. They would change it to Europe vs anyone else, before USA vs some country don't forget who puts it on. The American team needs to prepare and now that they know who is on the short list they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?

Appleton, Melling, Boyes and add in any two county pool or half decent snooker players you like...

Melling and Boyes don't have to like it against our boys.

Appleton just got thrashed by Shane at the Rum Runners.

Have a nice day! :D:thumbup:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I though Pagulayan is a Canadian citizen..

Yes, but if we go by how the MC is run, then he would be allowed to play with team Philippines. Mika and Daz live in the US and both play for team You-Rup. I'm not sure if they are here on Visa's or if they have started the citizenship process. IMO, if they are going to live here, then they should play for the US.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kiamco living in NYC?

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Melling and Boyes don't have to like it against our boys.

I don't understand what you mean??

Appleton just got thrashed by Shane at the Rum Runners.

Have a nice day! :D:thumbup:

I think SVB is in the USA team, so that's handy..

Is he intending to play on his own again? I think he did last year... ;)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand what you mean??

I think SVB is in the USA team, so that's handy..

Is he intending to play on his own again? I think he did last year... ;)

I think Earl did okay last year, as well. The Brits don't have to like it against Earl or Shane.

And the cream rises to the top. Nick Varner seems to have found a little lightning in the jug this past weekend.

Don't *EVER* underestimate the Americans. :yes:

Attachments

• eagle.gif
    eagle.gif
    58 KB · Views: 140

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Earl did okay last year, as well. The Brits don't have to like it against Earl or Shane.

And the cream rises to the top. Nick Varner seems to have found a little lightning in the jug this past weekend.

Don't *EVER* underestimate the Americans. :yes:

What do you mean they don't have to like it?

They won last year and I'm sure they liked it, lol

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stick around, son. Let history enlighten your shortsightedness. :)

Really that's your response? I asked you a question

Never mind Jam I don't want to get into anything with you. You can mean anything you want and live in the past if you want that's fine by me. Your rants have gotten old with me. Have a great day.

Last edited:

Kimmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it could be a team Asia?

USA is over 316 million people. Europe is estimated to about 700 million people.
But there is more European countries NOT represented in the Mosconi cup than there is European countries represented. So the actual numbers would be very different.

so to make you happy...it would have to be US vs German (315M - 80M), or US vs UK (315M-60+M)...or perhaps Holland at 16M people....each of those alone could put together a VERY competitive team that could be US...
or perhaps you think it would be "fairer" if it was 315M v 315M......so take UK at 62M, Germany at 81M, Holland at 16M and EU still has 150M to spare......Finland, Spain, Poland...still be 60M short....drop Russia and all countries with less than 1000 people playing the sport....you would drop below 300M I believe...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really that's your response? I asked you a question

Never mind Jam I don't want to get into anything with you. You can mean anything you want and live in the past if you want that's fine by me. Your rants have gotten old with me. Have a great day.

Truth hurts, doesn't it? I will continue to rant about USA's dominance. If you don't like it, tough beans.

You fly in and out of threads and spew what you believe to be words of wisdom. Wanker discourse is more like it.

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truth hurts, doesn't it? I will continue to rant about USA's dominance. If you don't like it, tough beans.

You fly in and out of threads and spew what you believe to be words of wisdom. Wanker discourse is more like it.

Why are you trying to start a fight with me? And having won the MC in the past won't help win this year.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are you trying to start a fight with me? And having won the MC in the past won't help win this year.

Europe has had *brief* -- with the emphasis on "brief" -- bursts of pool greatness, but don't ever, ever underestimate the strength of the American pool machine once it gets cranking. From Shane to Nick Varner, we stand ready to battle on a field of tournament blue. You can't win when Americans show up to play.

We don't bite the hand that feeds us and do respect Matchroom Sport for what they bring to pool on a global scale, but we won't bow down to railbird chatter.

Attachments

• 1-USA-ALL-THE-WAY.jpg
    1-USA-ALL-THE-WAY.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 117

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?

Appleton, Melling, Boyes and add in any two county pool or half decent snooker players you like...

Did u forget that girl from Pontefract,yorkshire- Kelly F?
By the way, Appleton is a Tax Paying American. :D

Last edited: