Mosconi Cup Team USA 2014

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was just curious who are the 10 or 12 canidates..Was talking with Double J earlier and we figured to pin point about 6 of them and of course SVB..Yall keep me informed..I'm interested so I can figure out how to get my bets in early..ha ha

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Was just curious who are the 10 or 12 canidates..Was talking with Double J earlier and we figured to pin point about 6 of them and of course SVB..Yall keep me informed..I'm interested so I can figure out how to get my bets in early..ha ha

Bet on the other team pal

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Code:

You will need eight. So who are your eight. The first person to name all eight correctly - I will send them a Special Mosconi related gift.
But you will have to be quick! But nothing will be revealed before Matchroom's Official Press Release.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Code:

You will need eight. So who are your eight. The first person to name all eight correctly - I will send them a Special Mosconi related gift.
But you will have to be quick! But nothing will be revealed before Matchroom's Official Press Release.

Here is the team!

Behnke
Bergman
Deuel
Dominguez
Shuff
Shuffet
Sossei
SVB

Sincerely,
KD

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 2014 Mosconi Cup SHOULD NOT CONSIST of the same group as last year. There needs to be new faces regardless of the outcome. Recycling Johnny Archer, Earl, Rodney and Dennis Hatch should not be on the table. Shane should be the only American player shooed in. Although we don't have enough quality and quantity to currently field a representative team, plans for the future need to start right now. Hopefully Mark Wilson will take a long hard look at our current crop of players and come up with a long range plan. Expect nothing in 2014 except a game plan for the future.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add
Justin hall joey gray chip compton and skykar woodard and I think these are the qualifiers..we will see..

How many guys on your list of 11 can beat Mr. Donny Mills playing rotation pool?

One, possibly two.
I don't even think the majority of them would play him.

Donny is an ideal representative for the Mosconi Cup. An actual 40 hr a week working top flight player. No one else could claim this.

Last edited:

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
How many guys on your list of 11 can beat Mr. Donny Mills playing rotation pool?

One, possibly two.

Donny is an ideal representative for the Mosconi Cup. An actual 40 hr a week working top flight player. No one else could claim this.

I'd also like to see Donny out there for a couple years on the team. He'd take it seriously

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only way to resolve disagreements,different dissenting opinions etc is to have Selection Trials and make it transparent. The details regards the dates and the place for the trials should appear in LARGER PRINT on ALL the LEADING Billiards Media and also the information should be sent to the Professional Billairds Assosiation atleast 8 weeks prior to the Trials. I will then call it "Transparent& Fair" and the REAL Team USA..

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only way to resolve disagreements,different dissenting opinions etc is to have Selection Trials and make it transparent. The details regards the dates and the place for the trials should appear in LARGER PRINT on ALL the LEADING Billiards Media and also the information should be sent to the Professional Billairds Assosiation atleast 8 weeks prior to the Trials. I will then call it "Transparent& Fair" and the REAL Team USA..

The powers-that-be have chosen a *new* selection criteria for the 2014 Mosconi Cup, which has to do with the utilization of Mark Wilson's expertise.

There has never been a transparent selection process for Mosconi Cup since I've been following it. It is a wildcard-type deal for the promoter. Since Matchroom Sport is paying the dough, they can call the shots, rightfully so.

This year, Matchroom Sport has turned over the Team USA selection criteria to Mark Wilson. Whether we approve of this process or not, the choice totally belongs to Matchroom Sport.

We should all feel fortunate, I guess, that they are still willing to work with the United States for the Mosconi Cup.

That said, though, some of those European pros' hands aren't clean, yet attention seems to be focused on American pros. What's up with that?!

It will be interesting to see who is selected for Team Europe. Will they have dirty hands and yet still be allowed to be a part of the prestigious Mosconi Cup?

Last edited:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This year, Matchroom Sport has turned over the Team USA selection criteria to Mark Wilson. Whether we approve of this process or not, the choice totally belongs to Matchroom Sport.
?

That is Matchroom`s tournament and money and I don`t have any problems with whatever rules they have and whom they include in the Team to play against Europe. But do have objection if the hand picked players are called "Team USA".

Team USA should be composed of the players that are ranked in the top 5 in USA..

Hand picked Team should not be called " Team USA" and if they can`t come up with the right name for the handpicked Team, I will be glad to help them finding a very catchy name such as " Wilson`s Soldiers" or something similar.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is Matchroom`s tournament and money and I don`t have any problems with whatever rules they have and whom they include in the Team to play against Europe. But do have objection if the hand picked players are called "Team USA".

Team USA should be composed of the players that are ranked in the top 5 in USA..

Hand picked Team should not be called " Team USA" and if they can`t come up with the right name for the handpicked Team, I will be glad to help them finding a very catchy name such as " Wilson`s Soldiers" or something similar.

America will determine what is good for America. A foreign country should not be allowed to determine what is good for America.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
America will determine what is good for America. A foreign country should not be allowed to determine what is good for America.

Maybe the foreign country will determine that America doesn't need to play in the cup. Johnnyt

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Vagabond - your vision of what should be is so skewed, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Anyways, my eight for the prize offered -

1. SVB
2. Duell
3. Bergman
4. Oscar
5. Shuff
6. Gray
7. Landon
8. Skyler

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

One, possibly two.

Jumpin .This is not my list..I think this is the list Mark Wilson is gonna present..I to think Donny Mills deserves a spot .He plays pool cause he enjoys it..That's what the team needs...Only time will tell..

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Dirty hands?

The powers-that-be have chosen a *new* selection criteria for the 2014 Mosconi Cup, which has to do with the utilization of Mark Wilson's expertise.

There has never been a transparent selection process for Mosconi Cup since I've been following it. It is a wildcard-type deal for the promoter. Since Matchroom Sport is paying the dough, they can call the shots, rightfully so.

We should all feel fortunate, I guess, that they are still willing to work with the United States for the Mosconi Cup.

That said, though, some of those European pros' hands aren't clean, yet attention seems to be focused on American pros. What's up with that?!

It will be interesting to see who is selected for Team Europe. Will they have dirty hands and yet still be allowed to be a part of the prestigious Mosconi Cup?

Charging the Euros with "dirty hands" without some substantiation?

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Team event

The rankings for players is based on results of singles competition.

The Mosconi Cup is a team event, which is something quite different.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm wondering why Jesse Engel is not on a list. He's a monster and watching him play bonus ball with the big guys he's cool, composed and a great shot maker. He should be considered as well.