Top 8 Mosconi picks announced!!!

da_rookie_77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep looks like a Line - up that should easily compete with last year's results for worst beat down ever.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love that hes changing things up and mixing in young talent with veterans. My team would be as follows:

SVB
Corey Deuel
Oscar
Justin Hall
Justin Bergman

I do have to say that Im very surprised that Mike Dechaine is not on the list her. I definitely thought that he would be at least in the list of players to be considered.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it unusual that the names are announced so early, now in March 2014, for a December 2014 happening.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love that hes changing things up and mixing in young talent with veterans. My team would be as follows:

SVB
Corey Deuel
Oscar
Justin Hall
Justin Bergman

I do have to say that Im very surprised that Mike Dechaine is not on the list her. I definitely thought that he would be at least in the list of players to be considered.

My picks, based on limited knowledge of who's who today in American pool, would be, as follows:

Shane Van Boening
Corey Deuel
John Schmidt
Oscar Dominguez or Brandon Shuff
[One New Kid on the Block] *

* Justin Bergman is my pick to date so far based on recent tournaments

Three veterans, one existing pro, and a new kid on the block.

Is Don Wardell, the co-captain, a member of this forum?

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member

SVB
Corey Deuel
Oscar
Justin Hall
Justin Bergman

this would be my lineup picks as well.

I guess the action room will start laying the down the lines on who is favored and by how much. It would seem obvious that the euros have to be favored, being at home and having beaten the usa badly now a few years in a row. Be interesting to see just how much the smart money guys think the euros are favored by.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Every one on the magic list has the skill to win. Sure, there are others that do as well, but Mark Wilson is a good judge of character, is a great coach, and has certainly not taken lightly his responsibility to them and to us. That I can assure you.

I encourage everyone to congratulate the chosen members thus far, and to show your support, by emailing, texting, or otherwise contacting each of them and letting them know that you stand behind them, and the team, come hell or high water. Never underestimate a good pat on the back.

We need them to feel good about being there and they need us to feel good about them being there. These are our pool bretheren, our fellow Americans, and the men who can potentially bring home the title....so let's do what Americans do best and raise some serious hell for the home team!

GO USA

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
No MD?? Odd. Is he not interested in playing?

I got the sense that his personality isn't what Wilson is looking for, but that's my interpretation of things I've read about what Wilson is looking for for the team and things I've heard/read about MD's behavior at times.

On a side note, I hate websites that automatically play videos. I know we have the bandwidth to do it but I almost never want to watch whatever the hell they're trying to show me.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I fully expected Joey Gray and Landon to be in the mix. I like the fact Mark is not wasting any time and getting to the task at hand.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I find it unusual that the names are announced so early, now in March 2014, for a December 2014 happening.

Wouldn't be the worst idea having a team solidified early. Maybe form some chemistry and confidence in each other. Last year was a joke, Europe showed more skill, composure and obviously more etiquette. I'd like to see Shane, Corey, Landon, Dechaine and Oscar.
I wouldnt argue if Joey grey or Justin Bergman filled Landon's spot though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpparmentier

AZB Artist
Silver Member
Team AzB
Wouldn't be the worst idea having a team solidified early. Maybe form some chemistry and confidence in each other. Last year was a joke, Europe showed more skill, composure and obviously more etiquette. I'd like to see Shane, Corey, Landon, Dechaine and Oscar.
I wouldnt argue if Joey grey or Justin Bergman filled Landon's spot though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dechaine is not in the mix. Neither is Landon.

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/11087-wilson-names-mosconi-cup-usa-squad/

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
What is his AzBilliards handle? Does he live in Indiana?

Jam: He posts as Williebetmore. He co-wrote the book Play Great Pool with Mark Wilson. He has been interested in improving his own pool game for years. He used to arrange to have pros like Grady and Danny Diliberto come to his neck of the woods to give lessons to a group of players. He talked me into finding Danny some teaching gigs in Chicago and while health permitted, Danny came up here many times and taught many people one pocket and straight pool. Anyway, Don is a very smart guy who is very in tune with Mark's teaching techniques and I am sure his help will be invaluable.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as Landon goes, him not being picked shuts down all the favoritism talk, and shows that Mark is actually considering results as well.

I still think he would have been a great pick, but I understand why he's not there.

My picks

SVB
Corey
Schmidt
Oscar
Hall

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
My understanding is that 4 spots go to SVB, J. Schmidt, Brandon Shuff and Corey.

The 5th spot will go to one of the other four, Oscar, Bergman, Sossei or Hall. Is this correct??