bit of bounce.

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
my GC4 has developed a small bounce off the short rails near the pockets on three of the corners. its been progressive. only one corner then 3. Pat Sheehan replaced the superspeeds with K55's sometime ago. I suspect the glue is the issue but i would appreciate some professional advice. Thanks
Don

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
my GC4 has developed a small bounce off the short rails near the pockets on three of the corners. its been progressive. only one corner then 3. Pat Sheehan replaced the superspeeds with K55's sometime ago. I suspect the glue is the issue but i would appreciate some professional advice. Thanks
Don

You could start by checking the nose height along the length of the cushion. My first suspicion is that maybe the cloth tension near the pockets has pulled the nose of the cushion down.

The progressive nature of it is likely due to the increased friction, as the cloth has worn and picked up chalk/dirt. When cloth is fresh, you won't notice ball hop, if the nose height is just slightly low.

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
You could start by checking the nose height along the length of the cushion. My first suspicion is that maybe the cloth tension near the pockets has pulled the nose of the cushion down.

The progressive nature of it is likely due to the increased friction, as the cloth has worn and picked up chalk/dirt. When cloth is fresh, you won't notice ball hop, if the nose height is just slightly low.

well i checked out the nose height at the offending areas. the difference is negligible but there. no more than the thickness of a playing card. I'm going to shim those spots with exactly that. I'll let you know. Thanks

realkingcobra

Silver Member
well i checked out the nose height at the offending areas. the difference is negligible but there. no more than the thickness of a playing card. I'm going to shim those spots with exactly that. I'll let you know. Thanks

Feel the cushions to see if they're getting harder in the spots the balls are starting to hop.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Attachments

• 051C6CA1-6667-4F0F-B9BD-B8D04BFDC9DC.jpeg
    051C6CA1-6667-4F0F-B9BD-B8D04BFDC9DC.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited: