10 ball, world skill level test, let's find out how players rate.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I agree - too much importance on breaking, making balls on the break, and leaving yourself a shot on the lowest ball after the break. Seems like a better way to rate ball pocketing skills would be at least an option to take ball-in-hand after the break, if you happen to have no shot.

Guess what, it takes the same skills of a player to place high on this skill test, as it takes for a player to win a major event, as you need your break working for you in the event as well. So yes, this test rates a players ability to break, but they STILL have to earn the win AFTER the break by pocketing balls, because if the miss, chances are they lose. If the skill level test was easy, everyone would score like a PRO, and that don't take one step towards separation of the real, hard working Pro's.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I agree - too much importance on breaking, making balls on the break, and leaving yourself a shot on the lowest ball after the break. Seems like a better way to rate ball pocketing skills would be at least an option to take ball-in-hand after the break, if you happen to have no shot.

Look at it this way, the 147lb welterweight champion of the world may walk around when NOT in training weighing 200lbs, but to defend his title, he has to get on that scale and weigh NO MORE than 147lbs in order to get in the ring to earn a paycheck. It's called competing against someone else who's doing the same damn thing you are, only question is, is he doing it harder, is he more determined, does he have more heart, does he hate to LOSE more than his opponent....that's the question waiting to be answered. I don't care about the test being to hard for anyone, bottom line is, there will be, no matter what, 128 players rise to the top, one way or another, and they deserve to be rewarded for all the hard work that have had to put in, to make the CUTOFF.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There won’t be a single member here that will take this test. I’d bet money on it, but too easy to rig;)

Carry on.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
There won’t be a single member here that will take this test. I’d bet money on it, but too easy to rig;)

Carry on.

That's alright, you didn't really believe anyone posting on AZB was good enough to be in the top 500 players in Pro pool anyway did you? You think when it comes time to start testing i haven't got the cheating covered....come on, really??

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...umm, just one more?
the push out...

You get a decent break, made a point or 2, 3, but the one ball says screw you and
decides to duck in behind another mark. Is there a way to play this, the push out or is it
count your points and rerack? Yeah, I know, still try a called shot, a kick or something, but...

This is the honor system of all mothers of honor systems, like in science, it has to be
duplicated, attested in due(s) time?

Btw, I'm trying to remember, if the one ball pockets on the break the push-out is still
available in this world 10 ball league?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My luck I be hooked after the break about 6 out of 10

But, with honest scoring, and honest separation between players by their skills, it makes it easier to group playes of the same basic skill level in to tournaments by category, such as Pro, Semi-Pro, and amateurs, for their own competition of play, THAT is how you offer support to pool rooms around the world, local playoffs, regionals, countries, world championships, by skill level, and individual play, not team play in your local pool leagues that go no where in the end for the player that wants to play as an individual.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You get the break, it doesn't count as an inning, just the points, if any?

That's alright, you didn't really believe anyone posting on AZB was good enough to be in the top 500 players in Pro pool anyway did you? You think when it comes time to start testing i haven't got the cheating covered....come on, really??

Geez Glen not giving us Az guys much credit LOL
I can't speak for others but every once in a blue moon I have been know to
string a few racks together.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Don't you think real amateur players wouldn't love to play for an amateur world title. I guarantee you, the PPV for an amateur world championship would be off the charts, because it might take 3 months to play it off, stating with every pool room in the world that wanted to offer the chance to all their local players to have a shot at sending 2 players to the Regional playoffs, then all Regional playoffs for the country championships, then on to the worlds championships. The sport of pool is for EVERYONE, not just the Pro's and not just for the league players, it really is the purist form of individual participation in any sport played today.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
...umm, just one more?
the push out...

You get a decent break, made a point or 2, 3, but the one ball says screw you and
decides to duck in behind another mark. Is there a way to play this, the push out or is it
count your points and rerack? Yeah, I know, still try a called shot, a kick or something, but...

This is the honor system of all mothers of honor systems, like in science, it has to be
duplicated, attested in due(s) time?

Btw, I'm trying to remember, if the one ball pockets on the break the push-out is still
available in this world 10 ball league?

First question, if you fail to pocket a ball after the scoring has started, count your points earned, and rack again.

Second question, don't matter what ball is made on the break in tournament break, if the breaker don't have a shot to begin with, OR don't happen to like the lay out of the balls, yes, the breaker may choose to push out once. The in coming player has the choice to accept the layout of the table, or decline it back to the breaker. AFTER the start of the game, after the break is concluded, THEN each player has ONE lifeline consisting of ONE safety pushout during the play of the game, which the player at their choice play or not play the lifeline, but if in doing so, MUST declare the intended use of the players lifeline, failier to do so will result in a foul, and the incoming player will start with ball in hand.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Here's the beauty in breaking the world of pool players down in categories based on their skill level test scores. In 10 ball, Pro's play a race to 21, single elimination, 3 hour match time limit. Semi-Pros play a race to 15, single elimination, 2 hour match time limit. Amateurs play a race to 7, single elimination, 1 hour match time limit.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't you think real amateur players wouldn't love to play for an amateur world title. I guarantee you, the PPV for an amateur world championship would be off the charts, because it might take 3 months to play it off, stating with every pool room in the world that wanted to offer the chance to all their local players to have a shot at sending 2 players to the Regional playoffs, then all Regional playoffs for the country championships, then on to the worlds championships. The sport of pool is for EVERYONE, not just the Pro's and not just for the league players, it really is the purist form of individual participation in any sport played today.

To answer ur question yes I know amateurs would love it, hell I like the sound of it, and I wish u nothing but the best of luck.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I do not lime popcorn at all

Well shit.....then to only other prize i can send you are some of my used condoms.....you want 6....or 12?:embarrassed2: the bonus is they're still clean on the outside, i hate dirty sex, i ALWAYS wash my hand first!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Carry on.

Don't bet to much, someone will take the test, and will post their score here, if only to see how they rate against other players posting their test scores as well. I understand posted and real test scores will vary, but that's just the nature of pool players wanting to believe they're better than they really are, but when the time comes to back up their rating, that's a whole different story.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Carry on.

And do you honestly believe pool players around the world would be against a reality check as to how their skills stack up against everyone else in the world? How to you think a player in Finland would feel, if he didn't even have leave home to play in tournaments to qualify for a quarterly playoff, if he.was notified that his skill level test placed his score at nbr 14 on the world listing....and does he want to compete in the up coming quarterly playoff, for a shot at winning the number 1 contender spot and a shot at taking on the reinging world champion for a mandatory title defence? Or how about scoring around 62nd on the standing list, and now knows how much he has to practice to make the cut?