Hope and change
Old
  (#1)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Hope and change - 01-11-2017, 09:15 AM

Reflecting over the last 8 years

Where did you honestly get more hope from this potus?

What positive change did you see in your daily life?

I got a feeling this is gonna be a short thread. I honestly thought back and got nothing.

There is a pocket imprinted on the backside of every object ball.

Old
  (#2)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post

I got a feeling this is gonna be a short thread. I honestly thought back and got nothing.
Well he did make me hope FOR a change. He'll probably have Bill and Hillary asking for some $ change. Other than that, he set the racial divide back probably 30 years. Turned the middle east not only upside down, but sideways. Ass pounded poor people with insurance that they neither need, or can afford, ass pounded everyone else by gutting their healthcare to pay for an insurance "plan" that is as useless as a second arsehole. Increased the national debt by, fugg it, I've lost count, and enslaved a large swath of the nation to further, and increased dependency...Or in leftist speak...A win! Maybe I left something/s out.
j2

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#3)
bwally
AzB Silver Member
bwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:

When he first took office I thought he had a real opportunity to help the Black Community and ease race relations. Boy was I wrong.

The ONLY positive thing I can take from his Presidency was ending the embargo with Cuba. That's it, nadda, nothing else positive. IMO worst President in History and that's based on what he has accomplished.

Old
  (#4)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 09:55 AM

The only hope was knowing his ass would be gone 1/20/17. That's it.

Old
  (#5)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 10:25 AM

The most shocking thing about the last 8 years is all the lies that were told. They were legion.

Old
  (#6)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwally View Post
When he first took office I thought he had a real opportunity to help the Black Community and ease race relations.

I have heard that so often. I am left still wondering why anybody thought that. I didn't think that.

I am wondering if anybody who thought that can explain why they thought that.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#7)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Well, let's see . . . 8 years ago this country was in the midst of an economic meltdown. Major banks and auto manufacturers were dissolving. Hundreds of thousands of jobs were being lost each month. The stock markets were plummeting. The housing market was tanking. In short, the entire US economy was doing a giant belly flop into a steaming pile of shit.

Between real estate values and the stock markets nosediving, coupled with stagnated income levels for the previous several years, I look back at 2008 as the time I counted my losses in six figures. New construction in my residential development and those nearby was non-existent. A new Greg Norman signature golf course down the street from me went from what was planned as a private club with multiple residential communities, to a public course with a steel fabricated building as a clubhouse.

What's happened since then? My income is up over 10%, with an occasional jump to new highs with healthy bonuses. My house and rental properties have regained most, if not all, of the 25% of value they had lost. My other financial investments have shown steady growth, more than making up for the 35% loss I had in 2008 (the stock market has tripled in the last 8 years). In the last year, three new homes have been built on my street, and three more are under construction now. Homes at the golf course have been springing up like mushrooms, and plans for a real clubhouse are underway. I have (maybe soon to be "had") the peace of mind to know that, if my employment-based insurance ended, I could still obtain health insurance even though I have three stents in my heart. And I am debt-free.

Oh, and there's been something like 75 straight months of job growth. The unemployment rate has fallen from 10%+ to less than 5%. US auto manufacturers are enjoying robust sales. People are free to marry the person they love. Fewer US soldiers are dying overseas.

Gee, thanks Obama.

I just hope the incoming "Republican" president doesn't run it all into the ditch again.

Old
  (#8)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-11-2017, 10:51 AM

20 $Trillion in debt to buy votes for Killery and not the kids.

He made the criminal Soros lose money.

dumluk

Old
  (#9)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Well, let's see . . . 8 years ago this country was in the midst of an economic meltdown. Major banks and auto manufacturers were dissolving. Hundreds of thousands of jobs were being lost each month. The stock markets were plummeting. The housing market was tanking. In short, the entire US economy was doing a giant belly flop into a steaming pile of shit.

Between real estate values and the stock markets nosediving, coupled with stagnated income levels for the previous several years, I look back at 2008 as the time I counted my losses in six figures. New construction in my residential development and those nearby was non-existent. A new Greg Norman signature golf course down the street from me went from what was planned as a private club with multiple residential communities, to a public course with a steel fabricated building as a clubhouse.

What's happened since then? My income is up over 10%, with an occasional jump to new highs with healthy bonuses. My house and rental properties have regained most, if not all, of the 25% of value they had lost. My other financial investments have shown steady growth, more than making up for the 35% loss I had in 2008 (the stock market has tripled in the last 8 years). In the last year, three new homes have been built on my street, and three more are under construction now. Homes at the golf course have been springing up like mushrooms, and plans for a real clubhouse are underway. I have (maybe soon to be "had") the peace of mind to know that, if my employment-based insurance ended, I could still obtain health insurance even though I have three stents in my heart. And I am debt-free.

Oh, and there's been something like 75 straight months of job growth. The unemployment rate has fallen from 10%+ to less than 5%. US auto manufacturers are enjoying robust sales. People are free to marry the person they love. Fewer US soldiers are dying overseas.

Gee, thanks Obama.

I just hope the incoming "Republican" president doesn't run it all into the ditch again.
Recession was declared over in June of 09' so it couldn't have been that bad.

But those pesky GDP numbers that follow show we've been in a funk under this potus.
Of course spending 10 trillion will get a roaring economy...unless your barack hussein o.

Home ownership is down according to what I read from USCB. And median asking price is still down.

Of course it has been said the wealthy are doing much better. You know people that live in closed golfing communities where they don't really understand the common man's shtruggle.

How much has the gov reduced the work force? Record number of ppl out of workforce. Makes me believe that unemployment number is about as valid as pre election polling.

Thank you odumber for the 10 trillion in new debt. The mess in Syria. The abandonment of Israel and messing in their election. The worst race relations in probably our history. Abandoning Crimea. Giving Iran the nuke. Creating Isis. The sale of guns to gangs. The huge land grab out west.

You mean you see another ditch deeper than the one your in?

There is a pocket imprinted on the backside of every object ball.

Old
  (#10)
philly
AzB Gold Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:

But those pesky GDP numbers that follow show we've been in a funk under this potus.
Of course spending 10 trillion will get a roaring economy...unless your barack hussein o.

Home ownership is down according to what I read from USCB. And median asking price is still down.

Of course it has been said the wealthy are doing much better. You know people that live in closed golfing communities where they don't really understand the common man's shtruggle.

How much has the gov reduced the work force? Record number of ppl out of workforce. Makes me believe that unemployment number is about as valid as pre election polling.

Thank you odumber for the 10 trillion in new debt. The mess in Syria. The abandonment of Israel and messing in their election. The worst race relations in probably our history. Abandoning Crimea. Giving Iran the nuke. Creating Isis. The sale of guns to gangs. The huge land grab out west.

I agree pretty much with SJB. Many have a very poor memory. In 08 banks were going bust, very big colossal banks, the Dow went down to 6500, auto manufacturers were about to go under, and worst of all, the money markets broke the buck. If it got any worse we would have been in a depression. Ford did not take the bailout but sold off a ton of their assets including their blue oval logo, which they bought back just a couple of years ago. The 3 quantitative easings put us in debt but actually, I believe saved our nation's economy from completely tanking preventing the unemployment rate to go to a depression like 25%.
Many say these banks and auto companies were not to big to fail. Just let them go under but I disagree. The economic events in 08 was worse than bad. Some European countries have not pulled out of it yet.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#11)
Bank it
Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Bank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 01:30 PM

You mean, "Nope" & "Can You Spare Some Change"?

Everyone Sees What I Appear To Be,
Few Experience What I Really Am...

You think that you're one thing, but understand that you're seen as another, so you suspect that maybe you are the other, but you don't know what that means... "Calhoun"

Old
  (#12)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Right, "it couldn't have been that bad." Are you kidding?

Not that I would, but I could have bought a Mercedes with what I lost in my 401k in '08. And a BMW with what I lost in value of my home. And a couple of Lexus with what I lost on my rentals. Yeah, it wasn't so bad. Pffft.

"Understand the common man's struggle?" You have no idea what I understand. I was the first in my family to go to college. I worked union jobs. Heavy Construction and Labor Local 663. I built 8 duplexes with my father. Took out my own loans on 3 of them. Quit my $300 a week job to go to law school, with a wife and one year old daughter. Worked nights while I did it.

I've worked my ass off for everything I have, and I don't apologize to you or anyone else for it. But it does piss me off when the people in this country who are really in power f**k things up to the point that it adversely affects everything I've worked for. That's what happened under the last Republican administration. That's what didn't happen under Obama. To the contrary, things actually improved. I am tangibly better off now than I was then.

Not that I attribute everything that happens -- good or bad -- to the administration of the day. What happens in my life is mostly up to me. You've heard of it -- personal responsibility. Take some.

Old
  (#13)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post

Probably all true, but most of that has nothing to do with Obama.

Old
  (#14)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
I have heard that so often. I am left still wondering why anybody thought that. I didn't think that.

I am wondering if anybody who thought that can explain why they thought that.
95% of Black folks still love Obama, consider him the best ever.

The key takeaway is "perception is greater than reality"

Old
  (#15)
bwally
AzB Silver Member
bwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond reputebwally has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4 View Post
95% of Black folks still love Obama, consider him the best ever.

The key takeaway is "perception is greater than reality"
They may consider him "the best" but in real world he's done nothing for them.

My hope was that he would encourage and lift those that they could achieve great things through hard work and that anything was possible. I based this on him being black.

Instead he empowered too many to play the "victim card". He blew a great opportunity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: