Old
  (#16)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-11-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwally View Post

My hope was that he would encourage and lift those that they could achieve great things through hard work and that anything was possible. I based this on him being black.

Instead he empowered too many to play the "victim card". He blew a great opportunity.
I agree. But look at what happens to those black folks who publicly call for black people to "get their act together", like Larry Elder, Bill Cosby (pre-rape), etc.....They are largely shunned by the black community.

I asked my wife about this once, and she said something like, its simply not acceptable for a black person to criticize another black person in public.

The only analogy I can draw from that is like the blue wall of silence, the un-written rule that police dont rat on each other....

Old
  (#17)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Well, let's see . . . 8 years ago this country was in the midst of an economic meltdown. Major banks and auto manufacturers were dissolving. Hundreds of thousands of jobs were being lost each month. The stock markets were plummeting. The housing market was tanking. In short, the entire US economy was doing a giant belly flop into a steaming pile of shit.

Between real estate values and the stock markets nosediving, coupled with stagnated income levels for the previous several years, I look back at 2008 as the time I counted my losses in six figures. New construction in my residential development and those nearby was non-existent. A new Greg Norman signature golf course down the street from me went from what was planned as a private club with multiple residential communities, to a public course with a steel fabricated building as a clubhouse.

What's happened since then? My income is up over 10%, with an occasional jump to new highs with healthy bonuses. My house and rental properties have regained most, if not all, of the 25% of value they had lost. My other financial investments have shown steady growth, more than making up for the 35% loss I had in 2008 (the stock market has tripled in the last 8 years). In the last year, three new homes have been built on my street, and three more are under construction now. Homes at the golf course have been springing up like mushrooms, and plans for a real clubhouse are underway. I have (maybe soon to be "had") the peace of mind to know that, if my employment-based insurance ended, I could still obtain health insurance even though I have three stents in my heart. And I am debt-free.

Oh, and there's been something like 75 straight months of job growth. The unemployment rate has fallen from 10%+ to less than 5%. US auto manufacturers are enjoying robust sales. People are free to marry the person they love. Fewer US soldiers are dying overseas.

Gee, thanks Obama.

I just hope the incoming "Republican" president doesn't run it all into the ditch again.
Wages are still stagnant.
The economy survived inspite of the government.
The stock market is where it is because of the federal reserve printing and pumping money into it. The Fed is independent remember?
Minority caused violence in cities across America has risen.
Race relations have moved negative.
We have ISIS because of a power vacuum created by Obama.
Small business has been harmed by Obamacare and created a full part time work experience for many.
The unemployment rate is a joke. It should start spiking as people start seeking employment again in the coming year.
He has attacked coal and and petroleum and attempted to cause electricity prices to spike.
Much to his chagrin. Despite his best efforts private enterprise on non federally controlled lands caused petroleum prices to plummet.

The best thing he did for the economy is caused the gun industry to have banner years and increase the total amount of house holds that own firearms in America.
I'll give him kudos's for that one.

Yah. Changing the definition of marriage for an insignificant portion of the population to secure a voting sector and calling everyone a bigot who disagreed with it was a real biggy.

GDP averaging 1.6 percent over 8 years is not an indication of robust sales. Why just last Dec what GDP was less than 1%. ? It was .8% in the first quarter. It was 1.2% this second quarter.
2015 and the first 2 quarters of 2016 were worse than 2014. Yah. The economy got a bump in the 3rd quarter.
It got a bump in 2013 and 2014. But not in 2015.

That does not reflect a robust economy.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#18)
CuesRus1973
AzB Silver Member
CuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Oh, and there's been something like 75 straight months of job growth. The unemployment rate has fallen from 10%+ to less than 5%.

Gee, thanks Obama.

I just hope the incoming "Republican" president doesn't run it all into the ditch again.
Too much b.s. to comment on all of it so let's just take this little tidbit.
Obummerr claims he created 11 million or so jobs. First of all, government doesn't create jobs save for creating new agencies at the taxpayers' expense, so let's correct that to 11 million jobs created over the last 8 years under his policies. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, we'll make it 11.5 million. Sounds great doesn't it?
Only to a fool.11.5 million jobs translates to an average of 120,000 per month. Problem is that if you aren't creating more than 130,00 a month, you are not keeping up with population growth. so how does that translate to lower unemployment?
Easy. You simply fudge the numbers and change how it is calculated. People that ran unemployment out and gave up looking for work simply join the ranks of welfare recipients and no longer count as unemployed. Done.

Now, if you want the real numbers, you have to find the worker participation rate. What's that? Lowest since Carter? Oops.
Looks like you are wrong all the way around.

I sure hope we never have another demokook president to foul things up again...

Keepin' the rubber side down...

Old
  (#19)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 05:45 PM

My favorite part of the Obama economic technique was taking an executive that was at Citibank when it needed 45 billion dollars in taxpayer monies as it was insolvent and installing that person as secretary of the Treasury.

You would think that it would be a resume job. I want to thank the president for hiring losers.

Old
  (#20)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Right, "it couldn't have been that bad." Are you kidding?

Not that I would, but I could have bought a Mercedes with what I lost in my 401k in '08. And a BMW with what I lost in value of my home. And a couple of Lexus with what I lost on my rentals. Yeah, it wasn't so bad. Pffft.

"Understand the common man's struggle?" You have no idea what I understand. I was the first in my family to go to college. I worked union jobs. Heavy Construction and Labor Local 663. I built 8 duplexes with my father. Took out my own loans on 3 of them. Quit my $300 a week job to go to law school, with a wife and one year old daughter. Worked nights while I did it.

I've worked my ass off for everything I have, and I don't apologize to you or anyone else for it. But it does piss me off when the people in this country who are really in power f**k things up to the point that it adversely affects everything I've worked for. That's what happened under the last Republican administration. That's what didn't happen under Obama. To the contrary, things actually improved. I am tangibly better off now than I was then.

Not that I attribute everything that happens -- good or bad -- to the administration of the day. What happens in my life is mostly up to me. You've heard of it -- personal responsibility. Take some.
That huge loss has blame to cover Washington thick All over.

What you've done is exceptional and I congratulate you for it. You deserve it and you shouldn't be robbed by taxes for ppl who didn't have the passion and drive to do it.

The administration sets a huge tone for economic activity.

And Amen.

Compliant and Unaware.

Boy the mainstream media is waking up out of a 8 year hibernation!
Old
  (#21)
ToddW
AzB Silver Member
ToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond reputeToddW has a reputation beyond repute

Boy the mainstream media is waking up out of a 8 year hibernation! - 01-12-2017, 05:19 AM

post Deleted I can't find anything good about last 8 years

Last edited by ToddW; 01-12-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Old
  (#22)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Well, let's see . . . 8 years ago this country was in the midst of an economic meltdown. Major banks and auto manufacturers were dissolving. Hundreds of thousands of jobs were being lost each month. The stock markets were plummeting. The housing market was tanking. In short, the entire US economy was doing a giant belly flop into a steaming pile of shit.

Between real estate values and the stock markets nosediving, coupled with stagnated income levels for the previous several years, I look back at 2008 as the time I counted my losses in six figures. New construction in my residential development and those nearby was non-existent. A new Greg Norman signature golf course down the street from me went from what was planned as a private club with multiple residential communities, to a public course with a steel fabricated building as a clubhouse.

What's happened since then? My income is up over 10%, with an occasional jump to new highs with healthy bonuses. My house and rental properties have regained most, if not all, of the 25% of value they had lost. My other financial investments have shown steady growth, more than making up for the 35% loss I had in 2008 (the stock market has tripled in the last 8 years). In the last year, three new homes have been built on my street, and three more are under construction now. Homes at the golf course have been springing up like mushrooms, and plans for a real clubhouse are underway. I have (maybe soon to be "had") the peace of mind to know that, if my employment-based insurance ended, I could still obtain health insurance even though I have three stents in my heart. And I am debt-free.

Oh, and there's been something like 75 straight months of job growth. The unemployment rate has fallen from 10%+ to less than 5%. US auto manufacturers are enjoying robust sales. People are free to marry the person they love. Fewer US soldiers are dying overseas.

Gee, thanks Obama.

If you are impressed by part time $18K per year jobs, great. Otherwise, not so much. As for his handling of the financial crisis, he couldn't have done much worse than he did. While he was worrying about health care and how pretty he is(was), jobs was the obvious answer. I laugh when he talks of saving the auto industry. He screwed the taxpayer. Nothing new there. He's the brake pedal president. Constantly looking the wrong way.

Old
  (#23)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Right, "it couldn't have been that bad." Are you kidding?

Not that I would, but I could have bought a Mercedes with what I lost in my 401k in '08. And a BMW with what I lost in value of my home. And a couple of Lexus with what I lost on my rentals. Yeah, it wasn't so bad. Pffft.

"Understand the common man's struggle?" You have no idea what I understand. I was the first in my family to go to college. I worked union jobs. Heavy Construction and Labor Local 663. I built 8 duplexes with my father. Took out my own loans on 3 of them. Quit my $300 a week job to go to law school, with a wife and one year old daughter. Worked nights while I did it.

I've worked my ass off for everything I have, and I don't apologize to you or anyone else for it. But it does piss me off when the people in this country who are really in power f**k things up to the point that it adversely affects everything I've worked for. That's what happened under the last Republican administration. That's what didn't happen under Obama. To the contrary, things actually improved. I am tangibly better off now than I was then.

Not that I attribute everything that happens -- good or bad -- to the administration of the day. What happens in my life is mostly up to me. You've heard of it -- personal responsibility. Take some.
I know all about the bad SJB.
Its good to know you were in the trenches sweating you arse off.

The government sets the rules by which everybody plays. Their interference in the free market generally comes with the price tag of unintended consequences that often take decades to come to fruition.
The economy has a life of its own no matter what administration is in power.
8 years is plenty enough time to have had an economy with robust GDP.
As you like to point out. The stock market is doing very well. Unfortunately the Stock market is no longer directly tethered to the US economy.

I maintain the economy stopped plummeting in spite of the government. They may have burned through over 10 trillion dollars. However it was squandered.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#24)
philly
AzB Gold Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by time to play no View Post
If you are impressed by part time $18K per year jobs, great. Otherwise, not so much. As for his handling of the financial crisis, he couldn't have done much worse than he did. While he was worrying about health care and how pretty he is(was), jobs was the obvious answer. I laugh when he talks of saving the auto industry. He screwed the taxpayer. Nothing new there. He's the brake pedal president. Constantly looking the wrong way.
What would you have done in 08 when the largest banks, brokerages, and manufacturers were going under? What would you have done to prevent a run on the banks and brokerages when people would have wanted to draw their money out because money markets broke the sanctified buck?

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#25)
Sev

01-12-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddW View Post
post Deleted I can't find anything good about last 8 years

Old
  (#26)
Sev

01-12-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
What would you have done in 08 when the largest banks, brokerages, and manufacturers were going under? What would you have done to prevent a run on the banks and brokerages when people would have wanted to draw their money out because money markets broke the sanctified buck?
Let the institutions die.
It serves as a lesson for the future.

Old
  (#27)
philly
AzB Gold Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Let them die.
It serves as a lesson for the future.
Happy Birthday

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#28)
Sev

01-12-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
Happy Birthday
LOL.
Thank you.

Old
  (#29)
OneIron
On the snap, Vinny!
OneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
Reflecting over the last 8 years

Where did you honestly get more hope from this potus?

What positive change did you see in your daily life?

I got a feeling this is gonna be a short thread. I honestly thought back and got nothing.
The left got a black democrat. That's all the hope and change they needed...

Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: