Schmelke sneaky joint tip................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are a shaft-flipper make sure you tell them you want a .840" joint. Their standard size is around .870" and almost all after-market shafts are in the .840 range.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are a shaft-flipper make sure you tell them you want a .840" joint. Their standard size is around .870" and almost all after-market shafts are in the .840 range.

Just an FYI, 3/8" 10tpi is .850 at the joint. :thumbup:

When I order from them, this is the type of specs that I email Kim. Not sure if its how they prefer it, but for me it saves time and gets the cue built how I want it. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 602

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correction...............

Just an FYI, 3/8" 10tpi is .850 at the joint. :thumbup:

When I order from them, this is the type of specs that I email Kim. Not sure if its how they prefer it, but for me it saves time and gets the cue built how I want it. ;)
I was off a tad. I ordered one without specifying joint size and mine is .860(not .870). It's a 3/8x10 also.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I wanted a second cue made after my sneaky is finished next week

But they don't do butterflies,
I asked for .86

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand, how does the pin influence the joint diameter,
Or is that just a shmelke standard when using 3/8-10 ?
Unless you specify they use .860" and most after-market shafts are .840-.850. You'd hardly notice it but there might be a bit of a lip by putting a .840-.850 on a .860 butt.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
i had no idea, i dont play with anything other than 1 custom makers shaft anyways

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Schmelke True Sneaky Pete, (no collars), measures .82.5 or 20.95mm.
It's Full Splice 4pt Bocote with 3/8x10 pin. Bottom of butt is 1.20"
I did not order it like this, it's how it came, I'm well pleased.
Weight of butt is 14.0oz with.9oz bolt, total 17.8 w balance @ 18.75"
Great looking & great playing cue for a little over a hundred !!!

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first cue I ordered from Schmelke was a sneaky, that when it arrived the joint was, I want to say .870+. When I called to inquire about why the joint was larger than the standard, I was told (IIRC) something along the lines of they try to hit the length/balance/tip size/weight without using a weight bolt. But in my experience. that sometimes ends up with a wonky sized joint, as I had ordered significantly oversized specs.

I then asked about supplying them joint specs etc, and they said no problem. So thats how Ive gone since. I have ordered 4-5 customs from them, and for the money, they simply cannot be beat by any production maker out there IMHO. :thumbup:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first cue I ordered from Schmelke was a sneaky, that when it arrived the joint was, I want to say .870+. When I called to inquire about why the joint was larger than the standard, I was told (IIRC) something along the lines of they try to hit the length/balance/tip size/weight without using a weight bolt. But in my experience. that sometimes ends up with a wonky sized joint, as I had ordered significantly oversized specs.

I then asked about supplying them joint specs etc, and they said no problem. So thats how Ive gone since. I have ordered 4-5 customs from them, and for the money, they simply cannot be beat by any production maker out there IMHO. :thumbup:
Totally agree. Absolute nuts for the $$$.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patiently waiting for my Schmelke sneaky to be delivered Monday.

Bocote into ebony with G-10 radial pin - joint diameter .842.