Revo backorder issues...

moose man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a Revo 12.4 with radial joint in stock? I don't want to buy a used one unless the price is really cheap, since it won't have the lifetime warranty that comes with a new one. Since it appears they are struggling to meet demand with the two existing joint options, I expect a 3/8-10 option won't be available anytime soon...

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know why everyone is so worried about a life time warranty on a $500 shaft. Less then that if your buying it used . Hell I believe if you have anyone put a tip on it but predator that voides the warranty. I can tell you I’m not losing my playing shaft for more then a month just to get a tip on it. Lol

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Problems meeting demand?

Bah! Just raise the price another $200.00 a shaft.. That'll drive down the demand just enough that production/demand are equal, whilst maximizing profits.

Those who buy Revo shafts already have a proven high sucker quotient, so I am sure they will gladly pay $700.00+ in order to miss 1 less shot every three sets. 😎

Short Bus Russ

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
As someone else said, try Paul Drexler. He can also convert if to 3/8x10. He did one for me and it's awesome.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ...It's a shame that you feel the need to put down poolplayers who have experienced very positive results with the Revo shafts. Nothing wrong with you preferring something different, but to call all Revo users "suckers" is not only incorrect, but shows definite bias and ignorance about the product. Many pro players are using the Revo...not because they're getting paid to (they're not), but because they believe in the product's response and feedback to the player. I'm one of them, and so is Tony Robles...a noted professional player and professional instructor. There are many others as well.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Those who buy Revo shafts already have a proven high sucker quotient, so I am sure they will gladly pay $700.00+ in order to miss 1 less shot every three sets. 😎

Short Bus Russ

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Russ...It's a shame that you feel the need to put down poolplayers who have experienced very positive results with the Revo shafts. Nothing wrong with you preferring something different, but to call all Revo users "suckers" is not only incorrect, but shows definite bias and ignorance about the product. Many pro players are using the Revo...not because they're getting paid to (they're not), but because they believe in the product's response and feedback to the player. I'm one of them, and so is Tony Robles...a noted professional player and professional instructor. There are many others as well.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
Scott, I couldn't agree more.

I am tired of the "mine is best & if you don't agree you're stupid" mentality

Not just pool cues, it goes to cars, politics, etc... It is fine to have a preference, doesn't mean it is right for everyone.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Problems meeting demand?

Bah! Just raise the price another $200.00 a shaft.. That'll drive down the demand just enough that production/demand are equal, whilst maximizing profits.

Short Bus Russ

A number of pros were using it because they were getting something out of using it. The minute they stopped getting something, mysteriously they went right back to a non Revo shaft. One of my closest associates works for Predator & even they know it is a highly marked up product that people are suckers for buying.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Problems meeting demand?

Short Bus Russ

Lol I’m sure your another know it all who hasn’t hit a ball with one but has an opinion . Lol I’m sorry $500 is so much money for a shaft for you.. lol for me its not.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott, I couldn't agree more.

I am tired of the "mine is best & if you don't agree you're stupid" mentality

Not just pool cues, it goes to cars, politics, etc... It is fine to have a preference, doesn't mean it is right for everyone.

Exactly.. I don’t say any cue is the best. Saying that shows how little you know about the game. One persons magic wand is another’s junk. I know it hits great for me and I’ve played well with it... you might not think so and that’s ok. But at least play with it before you give your opinion.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A number of pros were using it because they were getting something out of using it. The minute they stopped getting something, mysteriously they went right back to a non Revo shaft. One of my closest associates works for Predator & even they know it is a highly marked up product that people are suckers for buying.

Well thats not true.. There were a ton of players not sponsored playing with them and still are lol again have you hit with one? Or you another hater talking out your a$$ lol

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well thats not true.. There were a ton of players not sponsored playing with them and still are lol again have you hit with one? Or you another hater talking out your a$$ lol

I don't reveal personal details that were given to me but I know certain players for a fact did get something for using it. I could give two shits what you or any other fan boy believes. Keep wasting money on an overrated product that costs next to nothing to make,

What is that saying about a sucker.....:grin:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I don't reveal personal details that were given to me but I know certain players for a fact did get something for using it. I could give two shits what you or any other fan boy believes. Keep wasting money on an overrated product that costs next to nothing to make,

What is that saying about a sucker.....:grin:
Dude, we all know that spending anything over ~$300 for a plain jane cue and you're just paying for looks, inlays, prestige of a custom named cue, etc. I actually prefer the look of a black shaft, so I don't mind paying $500 for one. But using your logic, paying anything over $300 for any cue and your just paying extra for things other than playability and that you're a sucker. If Predator found a way to make a big profit for a black, low deflection shaft, leave them and the purchasers be.

moose man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestion dnixon and mojoe! I called Paul yesterday, and It turnes out that he's out of stock as well. I ended up going ahead and preordering one today that I should get in 4-6 week's. I'm keeping Paul in mind to possibly install a 3/8-10 female joint in one for me...

MOJOE

Silver Member
This is to those that are bashing those of us that choose to play with Revo. I personally like the way the Revo plays, very much. Nope, it's not perfect, nor will any shaft ever be. It has a tremendous feel to me, I have no issue with the price and could give two squirts as to what is inside of the Revo, it's a great feel and performs quite nice to me. The fact that you feel that you need to bash the Revo and those that play with one is laughable.

Get over yourself! $500 is not a lot to spend on a shaft in my opinion. The fact that you feel that we are "suckers" is not going to keep me awake at night, that, I guarantee you. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we all could give zero fu(%s what you think. Carry on and have a fantastic day & keep on hating your life away.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
This is to those that are bashing those of us that choose to play with Revo. I personally like the way the Revo plays, very much. Nope, it's not perfect, nor will any shaft ever be. It has a tremendous feel to me, I have no issue with the price and could give two squirts as to what is inside of the Revo, it's a great feel and performs quite nice to me. The fact that you feel that you need to bash the Revo and those that play with one is laughable.

Get over yourself! $500 is not a lot to spend on a shaft in my opinion. The fact that you feel that we are "suckers" is not going to keep me awake at night, that, I guarantee you. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we all could give zero fu(%s what you think. Carry on and have a fantastic day & keep on hating your life away.

$500 isn't very much for something you truly want or enjoy. I've spent that on cigars, dinner, shows, and short trips every month or 2 for the last 10+ years. Freeing up $500 to buy a shaft isn't tough to do...freeing up $500 for something you don't really want is tougher though.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
$500 isn't very much for something you truly want or enjoy. I've spent that on cigars, dinner, shows, and short trips every month or 2 for the last 10+ years. Freeing up $500 to buy a shaft isn't tough to do...freeing up $500 for something you don't really want is tougher though.

It's all a matter of perspective - maybe $500 isn't much to you - but to a lot of folks it's a HELLuva lot. Especially with pool players, or at least those who are not well-to-do - "freeing up $500" isn't always an easy thing. I think it's great that it's not a big deal to you, and I congratulate you for that. I won't even complain about myself; but .... there's a lot of folks who are just not as fortunate - but still love the game. IJS

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

Well said. I wash going to join the bashing train because I used someone's 12.9mm for about an hour & absolutely hated it. Then the 12.4 came out & I bought one. Best decision ever, after 5 shots I knew this thing was a winner. Now I own 4 of them & can't wait for the 11.8mm I hear rumors about.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one on the way that Paul Drexler converted to 3/8-11 to fit on my paying cue and I am super excited to try it. As far as the $500 cost in my opinion pool is a dirt cheap sport, (if you don't believe so spend a summer playing golf with me). like a few have stated in other threads the revo (or composite shafts in general) are going to be a big part of the future of pool and are here to stay, kinda like the way of the tennis racquet or snow skis as I highly doubt any of you still use wooden skis or racquets...Just my opinion.

MOJOE

Silver Member
You nailed it Casey! Golf with you and the Worm would put me in the poor house and most likely single. Guess it would not be all that bad but I can't hit a golf ball straight enough to play with you big boys. Have a great day my friend!

I have one on the way that Paul Drexler converted to 3/8-11 to fit on my paying cue and I am super excited to try it. As far as the $500 cost in my opinion pool is a dirt cheap sport, (if you don't believe so spend a summer playing golf with me). like a few have stated in other threads the revo (or composite shafts in general) are going to be a big part of the future of pool and are here to stay, kinda like the way of the tennis racquet or snow skis as I highly doubt any of you still use wooden skis or racquets...Just my opinion.