Cushion undercut

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you guys tell me what the typical dimension is for the undercut of a carom table rail? I.e. how much room do I have to stick something under the rail and be clear of a ball hitting it?

Thanks

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Could you guys tell me what the typical dimension is for the undercut of a carom table rail? I.e. how much room do I have to stick something under the rail and be clear of a ball hitting it?

Thanks
I assume you mean under all playing conditions. A ball when struck hard directly into a cushion will go in at least 10mm and may go in farther for some cushions. If what you are planning to put under the cushion is a glass mirror (which has been tried before) you probably should do field tests before spending much on prototypes.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume you mean under all playing conditions. A ball when struck hard directly into a cushion will go in at least 10mm and may go in farther for some cushions. If what you are planning to put under the cushion is a glass mirror (which has been tried before) you probably should do field tests before spending much on prototypes.

Not mirrors. Prototype is simple. Have to make it to determine if it has any value.