MY CTE PRO One Footwork (re post due to images)

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE PRO One Footwork

NOTE:

1. 1) I’m NOT a proficient CTE PRO ONE user *yet.
  2. 2) My knowledge until now is based entirely of Stan’s YouTube uploads and his promo trailers, meaning I have an understanding of its basics.
  3. 3) Before even watched Stan’s Visual Sweep Support video on YouTube, I had to discover footwork for myself. I’m a ghost ball or contact point player or just a classic player who learned pocketing balls through experience, which means my footwork or back-foot is oriented near the shot line and as I go down to the shot.. There it is… I can make that ball.
  4. 4) With that said, I made the deduction that whenever my intended pocket is, I’m going to call that LEFT or RIGHT Sweep.
  5. 5) I like CTE Pro One and my CTE Pro One Final Chapter is on the way…Wahahahaha!

SWEEPS/Footwork

Now let’s talk about footwork. According to Stan, it’s basically like this “Eyes Lead & the Body FOLLOWS”. When he said that, at first I’m like what!?...... So I tried it on the table. Initially it’s tiring coz u miss a lot even though your perception of lines is near perfect and it puts stress on my hips. Afterwards I realize through practice that the “Body FOLLOWS” is like 75% percent dependent on footwork (well of course your eyes is the navigator).

So Today…..

• A few weeks/days have passed and watched all of Stan’s video on YouTube my ball pocketing have improved and it seems like there is little or no pressure when I’m on the last ball when gambling or playing tourneys.

Let’s BEGIN

Every sweep varies from person to person it may be similar but not exact.
With this post I HOPE it can enlighten some people and PROPAGATE that CTE Pro One works just like any system. There is no such thing as “perfect” aiming system for the fact that regardless how objective or distinct aim points/lines are, we are limited by our knowledge and physicality, that’s why every person miss a shot whether they have an aiming system or not. (PROs, amateurs, pool players in general).

My English is limited, so I hope that via pictures I can explain it very well.
============================================================

THIS IS STAN's DEMO

STAN LEFT-01.jpg

STAN RIGHT-01.jpg

=============================================================

Now knowing that, since I'm accustomed to an orientation where my back foot is my right foot and is angled in approx. 45 degrees.

Here's My footwork

MINE 1 LEFT-01.jpg

MINE 1 RIGHT-01.jpg

==============================================================

Now that's great!.. but sometimes I feel awkward when doing right sweeps... so what I did is make a tweak...

Since I'm right handed, it is by reflex that may back foot is my right foot and therefore the movement of my foot is always forward....

So here's what I Did... every time I'm faced with a right sweep.. mY back foot is always the left foot

MINE 2 RIGHT-01.jpg

For lefties out I think you can do this by just doing it in reverse.. hehehe

Again.. This is my personal experience and what I have know so far (waiting for the DVD).. This

might not be the correct way.. but I thinks its 80% correct...

don't take my word for it Buy the DVD...
Just remember that every final movement of your feet must always feel secured or balanced.

Thanks......

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never thought about my footwork for 2 seconds with Pro One - do what is comfortable.Get the visuals, perform the sweep and shoot.

Nothing else needed.

Have you purchased and/or seen the DVD's? Trying to piece the system together without it will be tough.

Gerry

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I have never thought about my footwork for 2 seconds with Pro One - do what is comfortable.Get the visuals, perform the sweep and shoot.

Nothing else needed.

Have you purchased and/or seen the DVD's? Trying to piece the system together without it will be tough.

Gerry

Gerry --

At its core, you're technically correct. Once you acquire your visuals, sweep / shoot and let your feet work themselves out. As you know, the most crucial aspect of Pro1 is eye placement - as that gives you the proper 180* view of the face of the CB. Once you have that -- let everything below the eyes fall as they may in order to not lose that exact eye placement. As people progress in their development, what's really developing is the exactness of their eye placement. It just refines and refines infinitely.

Hal would also tell me that the stance doesn't matter for the system to work -- which is correct.

HOWEVER....

Hal was being "technical" more than "practical."

As you develop with this, you will not be placing your feet in random places over the long run. You will identify visuals and associate back-foot positions that will best put you in the position to deliver a straight stroke in a comfortable manner -- without losing that eye vector to the CB face.

I made this diagram back in 3/2010:
body_alignment.jpg

I only diagrammed my back foot placement based on my perception of the line coming off the CB edge back to me -- this allowed me to always be comfy in any position where I could make a full stance. I never worry so much about my left foot, but being cognizant of your exact back foot position based on the "correct" 180* view of the CB is highly valuable and should never be discounted.

I believe the OP is conveying the same back foot position (or very close to) the point I was trying to convey back in 2010.

In short, you're technically correct -- the system is agnostic of anything below the eyeballs... for the most part. However, saying the feet don't matter in regards to optimizing your play with CTE/Pro1 isn't correct. If you take a truly random approach to feet, you'll never progress as far as someone who continually refines their eye position AND continually refines their back foot position.

I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nothing else needed.

Gerry

Gerry, I've seen your videos on YouTube... and it's one of the reasons i decided to go with CTE Pro One...

I have purchased the DVD Final chapter. (I've asked my friend to buy it for me since my credit card is pending.) I't on it's way now here in Saudi Arabia. I'm Filipino by the way...

Yes I agree, piecing it altogether without the DVD is hard.... I miss shots even though my perception and sweep is correct....

again sweeps vary from person to person, there are times i do a sweep without moving my foot....

footworks in my opinion are crucial for beginners or classic players like me who's accustomed to look and shoot.. (just like django, efren, etc.. all they say is I just look at the ball!..) what I believe what Stan is calling out is, the their movements/pivots or footwork that some pros could not explain.

What's common in Pro/One with Look & Shoot is that the EYES are the navigator.

Last edited:

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get what you guys are saying and I am sure my feet do the same thing each time I sweep left and something different when I sweep right.

My point was that I have never thought about it. If I need to sweep left with my eyes then my body has to follow or otherwise I would be twisted up like a pretzil.

When I first started learning Pro One it didn't feel natural at all but now I could never imagine doing it differently.

Cheers,
Gerry

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get what you guys are saying and I am sure my feet do the same thing each time I sweep left and something different when I sweep right.

My point was that I have never thought about it. If I need to sweep left with my eyes then my body has to follow or otherwise I would be twisted up like a pretzil.

When I first started learning Pro One it didn't feel natural at all but now I could never imagine doing it differently.

Cheers,
Gerry

Yep, I absolutely agree... the first time i tried it... its frustrating and im twisted...
As of now, my footwork is almost 80% subconcious...

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just hope the with my post, it would be a great help for beginners like me in CTE Pro One.

Additionally, the distance between left & right foot varies, this is where feel and comfy must take place... in order for the feet work to be subconscious and by feel in the near future.

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Interesting...If you compare the See-system and Pro One there is a lot more emphasis on footwork in the See-system. Yesterday I ran my first 100 in straightpool on an 8 foot table with easy pockets, but still my high run on that table was only 70 before and I ran 109! That is a pretty significant improvement in my book. I've had several breakthroughs in the past 2 years but I owe this run to using See-system footwork and shot-categories. I use my own system for the aiming process, but without the footwork I could not have done it. I also benefited from other info in the See-system package, but the footwork was what really put me on the right track.

The op's pictures of the footwork looks like what I was trying to do when I tried Pro One, but don't listen to me, I couldn't make the system work at all!:( In celebration of the run and in the spirit of paying it forward, I am sending the OP my Pro One DVD. Maybe he can make it work and even expand on it? Consider it a "research scolarship", lol

you cannot compare ekkes "See System" with a cte-based system. Nothin in common.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REAL CTE IS VISUAL. Real CTE is NOT grip, stroke or stance.

REAL CTE is about connecting perceptually to the right angles of a regulation table. Get that down along with grip and stroke and you 'll be on your way.

Planned feet work is for target shooting. Pool is NOT about target shooting. AND that is NOT to say that feet can not be properly positioned in an acceptable manner with a natural CTE approach.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting...If you compare the See-system and Pro One there is a lot more emphasis on footwork in the See-system. Yesterday I ran my first 100 in straightpool on an 8 foot table with easy pockets, but still my high run on that table was only 70 before and I ran 109! That is a pretty significant improvement in my book. I've had several breakthroughs in the past 2 years but I owe this run to using See-system footwork and shot-categories. I use my own system for the aiming process, but without the footwork I could not have done it. I also benefited from other info in the See-system package, but the footwork was what really put me on the right track.

The op's pictures of the footwork looks like what I was trying to do when I tried Pro One, but don't listen to me, I couldn't make the system work at all!:( In celebration of the run and in the spirit of paying it forward, I am sending the OP my Pro One DVD. Maybe he can make it work and even expand on it? Consider it a "research scolarship", lol

All I can say is THANK YOU....

yes about the SEE System... I've been thinking the object lines and shadows it's like the same as CTE PRO One.. well not exactly the same in fact...

I mean.... Look

SEE, 0-22Degrees a cut shot to the right corner

OB right Shadow to OB Center then do the feetwork... BUT
if you'll be behind the object ball it would look like
OBCenter to CBA, if you'll adjust or remove the SEE feetwork it would look like CTE - E-To-C

I don't know I maybe wrong.. it's just that's what I have deducted.....

Also my heart is in CTE Pro One... but I'm also amazed how SEE system works, I've tried 0-22Degree shots and its effortless... but i'm still in the process analyzing how shadows work through different lightings...

Coz you know in Philippines there are pool halls just near the roads... and lighting is not good, that's why most Filipinos like me are look, align and shoot player.

Lets say for example your playing in an open pool hall almost near the road and it's like 3PM or 4PM and the windows are somewhat open.. with rays of sunlight shining down on some balls..... that would mean like the shadows of the ball would be long... and it's consistently dark......
----

Again thank you.... I'll make CTE Pro One work for me... I'll put my heart in it.. and once I'm proficient after some months or a year or two... who knows maybe I'll dig in with SEE system

I'll learn one step at a time.... Thanks

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REAL CTE IS VISUAL. Real CTE is NOT grip, stroke or stance.

REAL CTE is about connecting perceptually to the right angles of a regulation table. Get that down along with grip and stroke and you 'll be on your way.

Planned feet work is for target shooting. Pool is NOT about target shooting. AND that is NOT to say that feet can not be properly positioned in an acceptable manner with a natural CTE approach.

Stan Shuffett

I concur.
The snooker stance is different than the common stance, but recognizing correct angle desired, is key, and how it relates to all of the elements of sending the CB to impact the OB correctly and then getting the desired shape for the next shot.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The correct shadow under the CB to use is exactly 1/8 of a ball inside the CB, so if you don't have constant shadows just use inside 1/8 of the CB.

All I can say is THANK YOU....

yes about the SEE System... I've been thinking the object lines and shadows it's like the same as CTE PRO One.. well not exactly the same in fact...

I mean.... Look

SEE, 0-22Degrees a cut shot to the right corner

OB right Shadow to OB Center then do the feetwork... BUT
if you'll be behind the object ball it would look like
OBCenter to CBA, if you'll adjust or remove the SEE feetwork it would look like CTE - E-To-C

I don't know I maybe wrong.. it's just that's what I have deducted.....

Also my heart is in CTE Pro One... but I'm also amazed how SEE system works, I've tried 0-22Degree shots and its effortless... but i'm still in the process analyzing how shadows work through different lightings...

Coz you know in Philippines there are pool halls just near the roads... and lighting is not good, that's why most Filipinos like me are look, align and shoot player.

Lets say for example your playing in an open pool hall almost near the road and it's like 3PM or 4PM and the windows are somewhat open.. with rays of sunlight shining down on some balls..... that would mean like the shadows of the ball would be long... and it's consistently dark......
----

Again thank you.... I'll make CTE Pro One work for me... I'll put my heart in it.. and once I'm proficient after some months or a year or two... who knows maybe I'll dig in with SEE system

I'll learn one step at a time.... Thanks

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The correct shadow under the CB to use is exactly 1/8 of a ball inside the CB, so if you don't have constant shadows just use inside 1/8 of the CB.

ahhh I see!... shadows are just used to be a distinct markers of CB 1/8 inside.

all I can say is that CTE and SEE share the same concept but not an exact concept of each other that's why their not the same.

I Don't know I just have the feeling that, a 0-22 degree shot of SEE is somewhat alike to Pro1 when you stand behind the OB and target the CB with a 1/8 inside then CTE.

Again I'm not an authority in SEE and CTE I don't have the DVD's yet (well I'm gonna claim my CTE DVD in the post office later today.)

I don't want this thread to be dogfight between two good systems.. I just want to share the benefits and the little knowledge I've known so far in CTE.

Once I'm proficient in Pro One, I'll dig with SEE system in the future and i'll try my best to make a point how similar are they in some manners and Different in their entirety..

Se7en6ix
CTE Pro One believer.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ahhh I see!... shadows are just used to be a distinct markers of CB 1/8 inside.

all I can say is that CTE and SEE share the same concept but not an exact concept of each other that's why their not the same.

I Don't know I just have the feeling that, a 0-22 degree shot of SEE is somewhat alike to Pro1 when you stand behind the OB and target the CB with a 1/8 inside then CTE.

Again I'm not an authority in SEE and CTE I don't have the DVD's yet (well I'm gonna claim my CTE DVD in the post office later today.)

I don't want this thread to be dogfight between two good systems.. I just want to share the benefits and the little knowledge I've known so far in CTE.

Once I'm proficient in Pro One, I'll dig with SEE system in the future and i'll try my best to make a point how similar are they in some manners and Different in their entirety..

Se7en6ix
CTE Pro One believer.

Thanks for your sticktuitiveness attitude for CTE PRO ONE in the midst of some that try to derail......

Stan Shuffett

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
As someone with a snooker stance like myself I found it very very difficult to do a foot shuffle and move into a shot.
I tried and tried many times however I've gone back to the strong snooker stance and now the process is much easier for me.
What I've learned to do is move into a shot either left or right while using a snooker stance.
It took many months to work through it but I'm finally there.
I can at last move into pro one Cte, with a snooker stance which is strong, giving me the foundation for a clean stroke.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How exactly do you do that?

I've tried a lot of times to incorporate snooker "step in" and stance with Pro1 sweeps, sometimes it worked, most times it didn't.

Since a "step in" is recommended by many instructors and obviously used in snooker, which requires great precision, it would be good to incorporate it with Pro1, actually it would be awesome ;)

So, how did you do it?

PM me if you don't want to share here :)

As someone with a snooker stance like myself I found it very very difficult to do a foot shuffle and move into a shot.
I tried and tried many times however I've gone back to the strong snooker stance and now the process is much easier for me.
What I've learned to do is move into a shot either left or right while using a snooker stance.
It took many months to work through it but I'm finally there.
I can at last move into pro one Cte, with a snooker stance which is strong, giving me the foundation for a clean stroke.