extremely good play

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Caudron run 28 points

https://youtu.be/Hj_BSEm5J7g

this an odd ball of an occurrence

freddy didnt look like himself, before or after that run in that match, which is up on kozoom to view in full
but magic was made in between

Updated link

Last edited:

Francisco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everybody

The other guy that you don´t remember is Junichi Komori, a deceased Japanese player (i believe he passed away last year), one of the best 3 cushion player of all times. A great player and a true gentleman. Unfortunately there isn´t much things with him, in the 90's i´ve seen some great matches of Komori playing against Blomdahl, Raymond Ceulemens, Kobayashi, but those VHS tapes are long gone. Anyway a great great player he was.

Thank you

Kind regards
Francisco

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everybody

The other guy that you don´t remember is Junichi Komori, a deceased Japanese player (i believe he passed away last year), one of the best 3 cushion player of all times. A great player and a true gentleman. Unfortunately there isn´t much things with him, in the 90's i´ve seen some great matches of Komori playing against Blomdahl, Raymond Ceulemens, Kobayashi, but those VHS tapes are long gone. Anyway a great great player he was.

Thank you

Kind regards
Francisco

I've seen him play on some of those old accu-stat videos from the 90s. There as an elegance about his play, and he seemed almost supernatural in his 3 or more rail kicks.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for the link
i really enjoyed watching that
:thumbup:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Jaspers Just tied a world record

40 points in 6 innings
A hellacious 6.666 average

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I've seen him play on some of those old accu-stat videos from the 90s. There as an elegance about his play, and he seemed almost supernatural in his 3 or more rail kicks.

Bob mentioned this on the match between 19yr old Dani and sang Lee, as komori was playing on the very next table,
Said he was one of the worlds foremost bankers

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those interested in "extremely good play" :).

Here's a list of every match in history where the winner averages 5.000 or better. You will also find the loser's average, combined match average, and high runs when I could find those.

Attachments

• Matches 5.000 and over.xls
    42.5 KB · Views: 138

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
thanks thats very neat!

eddy merckx and nikos poly. are my 2 favorite players to watch play the great game

smooth classy play

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
The high run at three-cushion billiards for many years was 25, set over two games (fourteen and out and starting with eleven in the next game) by the American Willie Hoppe in 1918 during an exhibition in San Francisco.[1] In 1968 Raymond Ceulemans improved the record to 26 in a match in the Simonis Cup tournament. In 1993 Junichi Komori set the record to 28 in a Dutch league match, a feat repeated by Ceulemans in 1998 in the same league.[11] In 2012 Roland Forthomme tied the record in Zundert.[12] In the 2013 European Championships in Brandenburg, Germany, Frederic Caudron became the fourth member of the "28" club.[13] Ceulemans reputedly had a high run of 32 in a non-tournament, non-exhibition match.[11] The highest run so far in a World Cup match is 24, set by Jérémy Bury on 7 September 2013 in Guri, South Korea (see result sheet on the right).[14]

When allowing for interruptions by opponents starting new games, the current record high run is 34 by the Dutchman Dick Jaspers: in his 2008 European Championship Final match against the Swede Torbjörn Blomdahl, played in three games of 15 points each, he ended Game One by going 13 and out, ran 15 and out in the only inning of Game Two (started by Blomdahl), and ran six in his first inning of Game Three.[15][16]

The best game at the standard 50 points in a league is six innings (8.333 average) by Eddy Merckx (count:4-9-26-7-0-4) in the German Bundesliga in 2011.[17] The best such game in a tournament is nine innings (5.555 average) by Torbjörn Blomdahl in 2000, while South Korean and later U.S. national champion Sang Lee scored 50 points in four innings (count: 19-11-9-11, a 12.5 average) in a handicapped game at Sang Lee Billiards in Queens, New York.[3]

The best tournament match average is 5.625 (45 in eight innings over three games; i.e. only five misses), scored by Dick Jaspers in the above-mentioned European Cup finals in Florange, France, in 2008. Remarkably, his opponent Blomdahl averaged 3.0 in his losing effort.[18] The highest average at an international tournament is 2.537 (345 caramboles in 136 innings) by Dick Jaspers in 2002 at a seven-match Crystal Kelly tournament in Monaco,[19] while Jaspers reached a record average of 2.666 (200 caramboles in 75 innings) at a four-match national tournament in Veldhoven in 2005.[20]

Raymond Ceulemans from Belgium has won a probably unmatchable 21 three-cushion billiards world-championships.[21]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-cushion_billiards

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Wikipedia information is not horrible, but it is not complete, nor is it completely correct. Without getting into all the details, here are three major flaws: 1) The Sang Lee stretch of 50 in 4 is undocumented. There was no referee. There is no score sheet. It was PART OF a handicapped match, not a match to 50. So, with all due respect to the great Sang Lee, there is no way it should be in the record books. 2) The current world record for tournament average is shared by Blomdahl and Sanchez, who both averaged 2.739 in a World Cup (Pelopponnese 2013 and Guri 2015) 3) There is no documented and refereed run over 28. Several players have made 30+ runs in practice games, but - much like the Sang Lee 50 in 4 - they should have no place in the record books.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Ok I was wondering about the Jasper's part of 34
And I remember the sang Lee part as we went over that before on your page, but I understand your clearing the air for anyone else reading

Too bad alot of the videos are not up anymore, hope they were watched

I downloaded the ones I felt most important

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
But would it not be in the record books if someone just videos themselves practicing and running over 28?

Like so many do in 14.1 just to see how far they can get