carom questions

dan bennicas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a few questions ! -------------- - Does anyone know which carom table has the most recorded 3-cushion high runs?--- Which tables were being used during the 10 best 3-cushion high runs of all time? --- Is it possible, of the most current table brands being sold today, that one could play more than 1-1/2 diamond distance longer than the other after going the long way, under the same conditions? --- Can a cushion brand make a table play longer? --- Does a carom cushion that is solid to the liner with no void play longer then one with a void or a space at the half-round area?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a few questions ! -------------- - Does anyone know which carom table has the most recorded 3-cushion high runs?--- Which tables were being used during the 10 best 3-cushion high runs of all time? --- Is it possible, of the most current table brands being sold today, that one could play more than 1-1/2 diamond distance longer than the other after going the long way, under the same conditions? --- Can a cushion brand make a table play longer? --- Does a carom cushion that is solid to the liner with no void play longer then one with a void or a space at the half-round area?

Bert van Manen might know which brands of tables have the most high runs but you sort of have to divide by the number of matches played on each brand to get a fair comparison. In the very old days all the records were set on Brunswicks and that is where all the matches were.

You might want to try some of the other questions in the "Talk to a Mechanic" forum.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bert van Manen might know which brands of tables have the most high runs but you sort of have to divide by the number of matches played on each brand to get a fair comparison. In the very old days all the records were set on Brunswicks and that is where all the matches were.

You might want to try some of the other questions in the "Talk to a Mechanic" forum.

Good to see you are still alive Roberto.............a very nice answer to a totally irrelevant question.........i still have the stuff just i wanted to save it for a while and read it......more than once if nothing more than to learn about the man........DD:eek: