Predator Revo Shafts

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have the .4 and .9. Both as straight as day one and nick free. I'd buy it again. I'd recommend to a friend.

Last edited:
They feel lousy compared to nice old wood but they do transfer a lot of energy and are a bit easier to move the ball around. But for some reason every now and then they overspin or something like that not sure how to explain it they’ll just completely blow a shot that you know you had locked in.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could point to countless times I've pic up a cue or changed shafts and thought it was the best hitting one I ever played with ,, however when I tried this shaft it seemed to hit more solid than anything I ever played with I'm definitely going to get one in the near future

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played the Revo from an opponent for about an hour. Was not to bad and I could moved the ball on the table really well. But there were two things that annoyed me because I am a creature of habit when it comes to shafts: the black colour and the sound of the Revo. I don´t know if I can get used of the Revo when I am playing with it more but at the moment colour and sound is nothing for me.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don’t like the hit thats cool at least you gave it a try unlike some of the other idiots on the forum who say it sucks but never hit a ball with it. None of the pros have to shoot with it. They could shoot with any predator shaft they wanted to if they didn’t like it. It’s definitly and advancement ..It hits different and more forgiving then any cue I’ve ever played with in 30 years .

I don’t know why people feel the need to say if you can’t run a rack this won’t change that ... duh lol like no one on this sight knows that.

I like high quality solid maple best.
The Revo I had the opportunity to hit with felt
like I was shooting with a piece of a coat hanger.
Everyone has their preference for the "hit" they like.
This shaft feels soft, muted, and dull.
I will say that at least the hit was very consistent.
The feel of the hit is comparable to the cheapest wood shaft,
but with no squirt or deflection.
Honestly, it's weird.
I'm guessing sponsorship, and contractual
agreements, will keep pros saying kind things
about anything that puts food on the table.
The power of suggestion from a pro is a
mighty advertising tool.
If you can't already run a rack,
this shaft will not change that fact.
It's a neat marketing maneuver to bring another
product to market under their line.
It's definitely no advancement of science in any way.
In my very humble opinion, their best shafts were
the 314/2 and Z2 shafts.
Those felt solid and crisp; like a high quality
AAA+++ solid maple shaft with a nice ping.
This new piece of pencil lead left me unimpressed.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played the Revo from an opponent for about an hour. Was not to bad and I could moved the ball on the table really well. But there were two things that annoyed me because I am a creature of habit when it comes to shafts: the black colour and the sound of the Revo. I don´t know if I can get used of the Revo when I am playing with it more but at the moment colour and sound is nothing for me.

It does have a different sound. In fact sometimes I hit a ball in the beginning and thought my tip had come loose lol

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They feel lousy compared to nice old wood but they do transfer a lot of energy and are a bit easier to move the ball around. But for some reason every now and then they overspin or something like that not sure how to explain it they’ll just completely blow a shot that you know you had locked in.

Means you didn't have it locked in as well as you thought. There is no other way to explain it.

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Left handed Revo

Does anyone know when Predator plans on coming out with the left handed model Revo shaft?
Most of my shafts are right handed, but I do have an old Z-2 that is ambidextrous.

Joking aside, do they plan on releasing shafts that couple with other types of joints beside uni-lock and radial. Did most of the users on this thread pair with a predator butt?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know when Predator plans on coming out with the left handed model Revo shaft?
Most of my shafts are right handed, but I do have an old Z-2 that is ambidextrous.

Joking aside, do they plan on releasing shafts that couple with other types of joints beside uni-lock and radial. Did most of the users on this thread pair with a predator butt?

I have a Universal REVO....can use with either hand.
I had Newsheriffintown make a cross thread adaptor for my Schon 15/16 x 14 to Uniloc.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
I like mine so much that I had the pin changed on one of my cues from a 3/8-10 to a uniloc to accomodate.

R1.jpg

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

I've heard they might be, but another thing I heard from a few people is that 11.8mm should be coming out within the next year's time. I want that for sure.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
It good

Had one for about three months, finished 5th at world 14.1 event. It lines up best on me huebler with stainless steel joint. Also found the 12.9 revo works well for three cushion as well - I mostly use it for billiards.

mr ed5484r

Registered
I am considering getting a Revo but can't decide weather to buy the 12.4 or 12.9. For those that have tried both, which do you prefer and why?

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am also considering getting one but all my shafts are 30'' and they only come in the standard 29'' .So that my hold up, but am pretty close to giving it a shot. Might make it my Christmas present to ME.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing Predator shafts for 20+ years, starting with the 314, 314-2 then the Z, then the Z-2, then a Predator Vantage shaft the past few years. I switched to a Revo 12.9 shaft 3-4 months ago, so there was virtually no adjustment in shaft diameter for me, as the Vantage was very close to the same taper as the 12.9 Revo. The biggest adjustment for me was the "tingy" sound and the "less than solid" feel in comparison to a wood shaft like the Vantage. However, I quickly got used to that sound/feel with the immediately noticeable difference in decreased deflection - resulting in less adjustment in aiming, particularly for a longer shot (with distance between the CB and OB) when loading up with english. Also, no question I think I can also get more inside and outside english on the CB without having to go as far off center on the CB, resulting in being able to get more action off the rails for positioning. The smoothness and durability of the shaft was not an issue for me, as I wear a glove anyway, and I've always taken excellent care of my cue at all times, to avoid dings. A lesson I learned a long time ago - NEVER let anyone else use your cue - even just to try it out!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 6-5" and play with a cue that is 2" extra long. When I switched to a Revo shaft, of course I had to switch from my Pechauer butt to a Predator butt. To solve the length issue, I purchased a 4" Balance Rite shaft extender. As a result, my Predator cue with my Revo shaft is now 4" longer than standard length (and 2" longer than I had before), but I had no trouble adjusting to it, and I'd suggest trying it, if you really want to use a Revo shaft.