What's up with the cases for sale?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen an unusual number of nice tube style cases for sale recently from multiple sellers both here and on Ebay.

Thomas
GTF
Engles
Centennial
Fellini
Gore
George
More

It seems more than usual on the market.

Is there something I am unaware of going on? Is is just the holidays coming and people cleaning out their closets?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I have seen an unusual number of nice tube style cases for sale recently from multiple sellers both here and on Ebay.

Thomas
GTF
Engles
Centennial
Fellini
Gore
George
More

Is there something I am unaware of going on? Is is just the holidays coming and people cleaning out their closets?

Trickle-up economy means people need cash more often, plus more people who cared about nice old cases are getting out of pool.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

Thomas
GTF
Engles
Centennial
Fellini
Gore
George
More

chop;

there is one seller who has his fellinis, cent, and thomas cases up both here and on ebay plus I think coincidental timing has JV (classiccues) selling a few currently, as well, incl a real interesting "belly up" pythoin Engles.

best,
brian kc

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of what I've seen are 1x2's..... today's player seems to be carrying atleast 2 cues. I guess guys are just deciding to move them and possibly going with something different for storage. The tube style case will always be my favorite..... but JB has really taken the case game by storm with the rugged cases. I see them everywhere and everyone loves them. In all honesty I can see why.... there's a lot to love about them and their functionality, price point, etc.

That's my .02

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of what I've seen are 1x2's..... today's player seems to be carrying atleast 2 cues. I guess guys are just deciding to move them and possibly going with something different for storage. The tube style case will always be my favorite..... but JB has really taken the case game by storm with the rugged cases. I see them everywhere and everyone loves them. In all honesty I can see why.... there's a lot to love about them and their functionality, price point, etc.

That's my .02

Fair enough.

With that in mind, plus the number of cases, the market looks a little flooded and prices will be depressed. Good for buyers, not so great for sellers.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
You'll always get guys that either move from 1x2's to 4x8's or bigger, as well as guys that get cases with cues. Then they get rid of the extra baggage, usually the case. However when selling a vintage cue, its always good to have a vintage 1x2 for the sale.

JV

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cases are going the way of the pay phone.

I am guessing people are realizing newspaper is readily available and highly customizable. Front page, sports page..,the textural beauty of the classifieds, comics...for when one feels playful.

Definitely the direction. Mark my words.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
IndyQ's stuff that was bought on the cheap, watch out for the JB cases flooding the market, don't buy one until Black Friday at least

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Cases are going the way of the pay phone.

I am guessing people are realizing newspaper is readily available and highly customizable. Front page, sports page..,the textural beauty of the classifieds, comics...for when one feels playful.

Definitely the direction. Mark my words.

So the brown paper bags are becoming old school? :smile:

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member

Thomas
GTF
Engles
Centennial
Fellini
Gore
George
More

If you run into something in a 1x2 at a really good price - let me know.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member

Thomas
GTF
Engles
Centennial
Fellini
Gore
George
More

Doc, the best way I can put it is most people are not like you and me. We hold on to our old cues and cases, like grim death. I've never sold anything. But others don't think that way, and as described, Christmas is coming, and people need cash. But again, there aren't too many of us that hang onto old artifacts.

All the best,
WW

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Frustrated players must be snapping their cues in half more often these days?

Jeff Livingston

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sold my Kopy Kat Kase (GTF Fellini Style) because it was a 1x2.
I dont have a break cue but will be getting one so i need extra room.

I was never a big fan of JB Cases because of the size. Im a BIG Fan of its george 2x4 for the size and sleek style but bit the bullet and got a JB and i cant tell you enough how good these cases are.

Same thing happen with predator revo shaft. Ive never been a big fan of predator for the looks of the cues but this revo shaft is truly something extraordinary.

The game of pool has evolved so much so you have to evolve with it.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't count the number of times I've walked into a room and lost action over the case I was carrying.

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
IndyQ's stuff that was bought on the cheap, watch out for the JB cases flooding the market, don't buy one until Black Friday at least

If your going to make a comment like that, don’t you think you should have some information to back it up?

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by ideologist

If your going to make a comment like that, don’t you think you should have some information to back it up?

Wha... they overpaid?