homemade scoring beads

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hello. i have put a lot of time and money into my home billiard room and would like to mount a set of scoring beads off of one of my walls.

i have plenty of room (about 20' lateral travel and having the ability/knowledge to mount the requisite hardware/line is not a problem) but would like to have 150 count on both ends - as opposed to the standard 50 that come on the various products on line. just curious if anyone has made their own and willing to share a picture of how they made theirs.

thanks in advance for any good ideas.

dustin miller

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You could buy 3 sets that go to 50 and put them all on the same wire. I think I'd rather do that than make 300 of those little things.

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
81 views and 1 reply :p.... guess there aren't that many people who have made their own after all.... thanks for the input AtLarge. i am resigned to build what i have envisioned. will post up a pick when i get it done.

2013-10-14_18-43-21_838.jpg

picked up these at a hobby lobby store -and had to order a lot more. will use 1/8" coated cable for a string. leave the beads on the left natural. stain the beads in the middle black every 5 and red ever 25 with a marker on the bottom.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scorer

Hi Miller,

Here's what I came up with a couple years ago. It is less than 3 ft wide and goes to 100. I used beads and colored string from Michael's (craft store). Pine boards from Home Depot.

scorer.jpg

Andy

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
That looks pretty good, it will do the job.
I need to get a small set of beads and make something small that will keep track of 15 balls , i currently use paper and pencil but its a pain to keep scratching numbers in every inning or so. I was thinking of making a 15 bead on a string and keeping it in my case and just using the paper and pencil for the running score and keeping track of the rack with the beads.
Did i make sense with that ? lol. Its just an idea off the top of my head, anyone has a better idea, i would like to hear it.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
For some reason, the thread title "homemade scoring beads" by the screenname "Miller" made me think of empty beer cans sliding on a wire.

:p
-Sean <-- that was the Jeff Foxworthy version of scoring beads

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's what 2 sets of standard beads looks like. I put a 100 bead string at each end of the table after pulling off all the numbers.