RARE Burton Spain, 4 pointer with 4 shafts RARE

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Bump for the Spain cue,a part of pool history.G Balabushka used Spain blanks and forearms in many of his builds.Hits a ton and moves the cue ball easilyThanks.
Marc

Last edited:

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
This is just a question out of pure curiosity..

How does one identify a Burton Spain cue? Are there markings on it that Identify it?

** Please understand, this is not to call out or deny what has been presented. Just would like to know **

:grin::grin::grin::grin-square::grin-square:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
This is just a question out of pure curiosity..

How does one identify a Burton Spain cue? Are there markings on it that Identify it?

** Please understand, this is not to call out or deny what has been presented. Just would like to know **

:grin::grin::grin::grin-square::grin-square:
Thanks for your question.Happy to help.
Yes there are many identifying features.The materials used and the construction techniques.There are alot of ppl on AZ that were around the game at that time,or owned his cues,and they know his work.The age also tells a story,and I knew the orig owner and it has been in a private collecton for the last 30 or 40 years.Side note,check my iTrader
Any other questions,please contact me again anytime.Thx
Marc
Oh and BTW,cue can be authenticated by Pete Tascarella.Pete used to hang out at G Balabushkas shop,where he learned his skills.And he bought all of Georges parts and equipment from the widow.He knows Burton Spains work,as Bushka used alot of his full spliced blanks and forearms.Hope this helps.
Oh yeh I almost forgot,Dennis Searing has worked on the cue,he built a shaft for it and he knows the cue.Thx.