Extreme Weather ?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I think the world is about to end.
What is up with this extreme weather?
Dear Lord. It's December and we have freaking zero moisture here.
And we get winds, fires and nasty hot sun.
I miss June already.

JC

Coos Cues
Global warming will make Canada hospitable just in time for a snowflake migration!

JC

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss June already.

Yeah, when all the rain washes all the stuff that burned into the sea...

Mother Nature has a funny way of cleansing herself. But from the devastation comes rebirth. Unfortunately humans are caught up in it. I have a luthier friend who's 69 and lost everything he and his wife owned. Irreplaceable woods, tools, not to mention personal belongings. Unfortunately for the guitar world he had decided to retire, but I do hope he finds his way back into lutherie in one form or another...

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well we just got about 8 inches of snow in GA and my grand daughter got to sled for her first time. I like a good snow or two a year. But not 10 or 20 good snows like Missouri had. Too much of a thing can get old. I drove about 20 miles each way in the snow to pick my grand daughter up to go sledding. She had a blast and I have a sore back. :)

cnyncrvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like mentioned earlier I have always looked at stuff like this as natures way of cleansing but I also look at it as natures way of warning us that its time for us to take a good look at our selves and determine whats really important!

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like mentioned earlier I have always looked at stuff like this as natures way of cleansing but I also look at it as natures way of warning us that its time for us to take a good look at our selves and determine whats really important!

Seeing you're in southern CA I hope the best or you and all out there. You can replace everything but yourselves.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've had two insignificant snow falls and temperatures just started dropping last week. :)

Mario

cnyncrvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seeing you're in southern CA I hope the best or you and all out there. You can replace everything but yourselves.

You sir are correct. Thankfully I am about 15 to 20 minutes from where the Creek fire was burning so aside from the smoke and ash in the area I was fortunate to not be affected. Two of my brothers and a close friend were in the mandatory evacuation zone and got out, They have since been let back in and thankfully did not suffer any loss.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My two most extreme weather days were both in California.

Skiing at June mountain when it was minus 20 at the bottom of the mountain. I went straight to the top and I assure you, it was much colder. The wind was nasty, cut right thru you. I skied from the minute the lifts opened until I was on the last lift that day, never went inside for a break.

Riding my Bicycle 20 miles in 107 degrees and then playing basketball in the sun until the sun went down.

Wettest day was 1.53 inches of rain in one day. I was doing a roof for my mother and never stopped except for two quick breaks.

No matter the weather, it's all what we make of the situation we are in.

Yes Joey, I too lived in OC for a few years.

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss June already.

I had to go to Pittsburgh on business for a week and now realize how much I love Georgia. 9 degrees and 6-8 inches of snow. I don't have enough body fat to survive that kind of weather.