BD Cues and the SS360

str8shot

Crack Em' Hard
Silver Member
Recently I was PM'd by Bob Danielson about trying out one of his cues with the SS360 shaft. He did this after I was posting looking for a cue builder that would be willing to make me a cue and match up some OB Classic shafts to it, not sure if it was correlated. I was taken back by the offer because nothing like this has ever happened to me, but I stepped up to the plate and said I will give it unbiased try, I have been an OB and standard maple shaft user for quite some time. This is what he sent me:

ygevehug.jpg

jadu4e4u.jpg

ge8ujame.jpg

This cue is beautiful in its own unique way. The butt is his 6 piece set up which looked to be alternating cocobolo and bocote, this created a very unique contrast. The wrap on the cue is black linen with green specs that felt nice in the hands, this says a lot coming from a wrapless cue shooter. The only thing that upset me about the look of the butt was the fact that the butt cap and the joint colors didn't match, but that is me being OCD lol.

On to the playing points of the cue, specs are as follows:
Butt weight: 15.18 oz
Shaft weight: 3.69 oz
Tip Diameter: 12.88mm
Tip: I believe it was a Kamui Brown Medium but I am sure Bob will chime in on that.
Pin: 3/8-10 G10

This cue was very spunky as far as playing, it would make whitey do whatever I told it to and consistently! The feel was great with no noticed vibration that you would get from a standard shaft but yet it had that same solid feel. The only way I can describe it is this, it has the feel and hit of a one piece with the accuracy and playability of LD. When he sent me this cue it was a super easy transition from my Frey with an OB Classic to this cue.

The fit and finish of Bob's cues are amazing and well thought out and he has one heck of a product for the money. I recommend that you check him out if you are in the market for a new cue or LD shaft give BDCues/ss360 a try you wont be disappointed by the options available for cues and shaft dimensions.

www.bdcuesandcomix.com

And I would like to thank Bob again for this opportunity!

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I really liked this cue when u sent me pics of it looks even better in these pics I really need too try one of these cues and shafts looks great thanks for the post buddy :thumbup:

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jordan

Thanks for the review and kind words and yes, not everyone is a fan of non-traditional looking cues and most of my cues do have matching collar. Also working on my first SS collared cues for those that like the forward balance.
Anyway, was glad to send you the cue to test drive.
Many thanks,
Bob

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Thanks for the review and kind words and yes, not everyone is a fan of non-traditional looking cues and most of my cues do have matching collar. Also working on my first SS collared cues for those that like the forward balance.
Anyway, was glad to send you the cue to test drive.
Many thanks,
Bob

very cool thing u did bob

MalibuMike

Banned
Waiting For My SS 360/2 as well!

Boy,
I really hope it will be worth this 4 month wait! I paid BD cues 4 months ago for a shaft... I was told I would have it by March, here it is almost mid-April!
Bob is a nice guy and I really hope the shaft is worth this wait! I will be sure to let you all know how the ss 360 holds up to my Tiger Pro-X, Jacoby Edge, Mezz Pro II, and OB Pro Plus. Thats my ranking from best (Tiger) to worst (OB). actually Predators are worse then the new OB Pro Plus (which is just a bad imitation of the Tiger Pro-X.) I am really hope to put the SS 360 at the Top of this list! If it ever gets here!
Mike Murphy:)

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HAVE ONE ON ORDER A SURE YOU GUYS THESE CUES PLAY. TRIED JUST SHAFTS OUT ON ANOTHER BUTT AND VERY IMPRESSED WITH PLAYABILITY!:thumbup:

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
My Bob Danielson SS360-2 shaft showed up at my door today. I had this shaft made to my specs: 30", 12.5mm, with a thin black collar. I'll play with it this weekend and give my initial thoughts, then post another review in 4-6 weeks after I've had plenty of time to adjust. I have been playing with an OB2, and played with a Tiger X Pro before that. I also have limited experience playing with a Z2, 314-2, and OB1 on a friends cue.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my bob danielson ss360-2 shaft showed up at my door today. I had this shaft made to my specs: 30", 12.5mm, with a thin black collar. I'll play with it this weekend and give my initial thoughts, then post another review in 4-6 weeks after i've had plenty of time to adjust. I have been playing with an ob2, and played with a tiger x pro before that. I also have limited experience playing with a z2, 314-2, and ob1 on a friends cue.

lets hear how cue plays?

MalibuMike

Banned
Love it!

Play's way better then the new "Plus" OB's! Or any OB's
Its a close match too the Tiger Pro-X.
It is much better then any Predators!

Attachments

• 20150425_172032.jpg
    20150425_172032.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,127

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So how long it takes to have build a basic BD cue with a SS360 shaft?

Baxter, your review worries me, I want to order a BD cue, now I'm not so sure. I'm from Europe so any issue with cue will be expensive to fix, if I should send the cue back.

Do other members had fresh experiences with BD?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sucks Baxter. I hope you and Bob have resolved the issue by now.
I'd love to try one of his shafts. It's the only laminated shaft out there I care to try.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered the first generation SS360 a year or so ago. It did take a bit longer than promised to complete, but it was completed as discussed to my specs. I liked the shaft, it hit well, just had a bit more deflection than I was used to or planning for, but that didn't have anything to do with Bob's work.

The only thing I've had that's been close is the Mezz shafts (currently playing with now), they are 1 piece and also have more of that standard shaft hit and feel. I also like the OB Classic series (with ferrule), they place nicely as well.

Scott

NervousNovice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered the first generation SS360 a year or so ago. It did take a bit longer than promised to complete, but it was completed as discussed to my specs. I liked the shaft, it hit well, just had a bit more deflection than I was used to or planning for, but that didn't have anything to do with Bob's work.

The only thing I've had that's been close is the Mezz shafts (currently playing with now), they are 1 piece and also have more of that standard shaft hit and feel. I also like the OB Classic series (with ferrule), they place nicely as well.

Scott

Would you mind elaborating on which Mezz shaft(s) you use? How it hits? And how it compares against the SS360?

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leland, the last email I received from you was on 4/21/15 where you said "Cool, thanks Bob!" in response to my email about shipping your shaft out. Have no problem sending you the $20.00 but have not received anything from you stating there was a problem. So perhaps you can resend the email as I never received them. Please include your paypal address. I stand behind everything I make and yes, I am and have been behind for some time but have no problem guaranteeing my products and have never refused to talk to someone that had a problem or to figure out how to rectify the situation whether it be a repair or replacement or in a case like yours to pay to have a local repairman do something.

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Wow blasting someone and you got your money back .
Bob is a great guy . you could have called him his card is on the bag when you got the shaft . so why come on here and blast him . Bob is a great friend and a great cue maker.

Last edited: