Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page The "Lee Brett Snooker Drill Challenge" for Pool Practice
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Pidge
AzB Silver Member
Pidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-30-2016, 05:07 AM

I've played the line up drill thousands of times. It's addictive trying to hit the max score. This drill alone improved my break building more so than any drill I've tried.

Once you start to reach a certain standard and it becomes less challenging, the possibilities are endless to keep it a challenge. The most difficult I've tried was potting a red, then yellow, then red, then green, then red, brown, red, blue, red, pink, red, black, red, yellow.... You get the idea. Cycle through the colours in value order until you have no more reds left. The reason it's difficult is the white has to travel more than normal. But what it achieves is forcing you to think not just 3 shots ahead, but several shots ahead. It's mentally tiring but you get used to being mentally tired... Which is a good thing also.

Old
  (#17)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Smith View Post
It was a clearance, here is a video of it. This guy does all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzjg1NathA

He changes the configuration of the reds a bit to make a yellow clearance a bit easier. But it's still beyond my skill level, that's for sure.

This gentleman manages a 99 clearance with the use of the baulk colors and no reds below the blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8hCOU24Q0s
First, thanks for the links.

Wow, absolute wow!

That yellow clearance was humbling and inspiring at the same time. Humbling, because now my pool line-up clearances don't seem like much
Inspiring, because now I understated that this drill can universally test anyone to the fullest of their potential. The bar can be set very high. We see it here.

Thanks again for the links.

Old
  (#18)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-30-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
It was a clearance, here is a video of it. This guy does all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzjg1NathA

He changes the configuration of the reds a bit to make a yellow clearance a bit easier. But it's still beyond my skill level, that's for sure.

This gentleman manages a 99 clearance with the use of the baulk colors and no reds below the blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8hCOU24Q0s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I've played the line up drill thousands of times. It's addictive trying to hit the max score. This drill alone improved my break building more so than any drill I've tried.

Once you start to reach a certain standard and it becomes less challenging, the possibilities are endless to keep it a challenge. The most difficult I've tried was potting a red, then yellow, then red, then green, then red, brown, red, blue, red, pink, red, black, red, yellow.... You get the idea. Cycle through the colours in value order until you have no more reds left. The reason it's difficult is the white has to travel more than normal. But what it achieves is forcing you to think not just 3 shots ahead, but several shots ahead. It's mentally tiring but you get used to being mentally tired... Which is a good thing also.
this is a great drill shown to me by lee
i will start to try some of the variations mentioned regarding the numbered balls

Old
  (#19)
MitchDAZB
AzB Silver Member
MitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
After all stripes are off table, then run the 2-7 in order to complete the set.
Good drill and good shooting!

Just so I'm clear, do we need to get on the 2 directly from the last stripe, or can we shoot, say, the 5 after the last stripe to get on the 2?

Thanks and again, good shooting.

Old
  (#20)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchDAZB View Post
Good drill and good shooting!

Just so I'm clear, do we need to get on the 2 directly from the last stripe, or can we shoot, say, the 5 after the last stripe to get on the 2?

Thanks and again, good shooting.
Thanks for watching, Mitch.

Yes, the way I was shown is that after the last stripe you have one more solid of your choice to get position on the two and then begin the run of colors in order to complete the drill.

Thanks for the compliments and as more videos get posted, I'll copy the links and add them to the list in the first post.

Old
  (#21)
MitchDAZB
AzB Silver Member
MitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2016, 12:44 PM

Thank you. I appreciate the info.

Old
  (#22)
Cameron Smith
is kind of hungry...
Cameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
First, thanks for the links.

Wow, absolute wow!

That yellow clearance was humbling and inspiring at the same time. Humbling, because now my pool line-up clearances don't seem like much
Inspiring, because now I understated that this drill can universally test anyone to the fullest of their potential. The bar can be set very high. We see it here.

Thanks again for the links.
No problem!

Those guys aren't even pros, top level amateurs though which is essentially equivalent to local 'pros'. They would do well in the pro-ams but Selby, Robertson et al would not have much trouble with them.

There is a video of Shaun Murphy talking about the line up and how the routine is his bread and butter. I think translating the yellow clearance to the pool table would be an excellent routine/challenge given the cue ball movement required. I also like Pidge's suggestion of rotating through the colours.

I would kill for a nobel peace prize

Old
  (#23)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
No problem!

Those guys aren't even pros, top level amateurs though which is essentially equivalent to local 'pros'. They would do well in the pro-ams but Selby, Robertson et al would not have much trouble with them.

There is a video of Shaun Murphy talking about the line up and how the routine is his bread and butter. I think translating the yellow clearance to the pool table would be an excellent routine/challenge given the cue ball movement required. I also like Pidge's suggestion of rotating through the colours.
the purpose of all drills is to make a ball and make the cue ball go THERE
the more times you do that
the better you get at it

Old
  (#24)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2016, 11:00 AM

https://youtu.be/uMsp--Oh9AY

Old
  (#25)
bbb
AzB Gold Member

05-07-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
great shooting....

Old
  (#26)
Neil
AzB Silver Member
Neil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200

05-07-2016, 05:31 PM

Real nice shooting! Now that you have that one nailed, time to try the B.U. exams again!

Old
  (#27)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
great shooting....
Thanks Larry

Old
  (#28)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan

05-07-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Real nice shooting! Now that you have that one nailed, time to try the B.U. exams again!
But...but...my elbow dropped a few times lol

Old
  (#29)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
But...but...my elbow dropped a few times lol
I counted 8 of 17 shots were your elbow was visible.

That's basically 50% of the time that your elbow dropped.

Fairly nice shooting as you made it fairly easy with good CB control.

Old
  (#30)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member

05-07-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Outstanding video. Perfect score. I've added it to the main list.
Hopefully we can get some more in there.

Nice shooting and good recovery on that last stripe. seriously well done.

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: