pal2.jpg

pal3.jpg

p4.jpg

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks For Sharing

Very nice cue.

I've seen more Model 5 WICOs than any other WICO Palmer but this is the first without a window.

Thanks for sharing.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay appreciates the old ones more than anyone I know. So the statement about the non window makes it even cooler. Pretty wild Bob Meucci was behind those veneers. Everyone likes to tear the Meucci name apart but he brought quite a few new things to the table during his early years. Very cool cue. Enjoy it!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked Tate once, but he didnt directly answer me.

To my brothers who know the Balmer family, do they understand their impact and reverance for their old cues?

Ken

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Burton Spain started the vinyl veneers before Bob and before Viking. He did them for a few years, then Bob Meucci tried it for a while then gave up on it also.. Gordon Hart was the most successful in this and that is why there are many plastic veneer Viking cues. ( Making Blanks... the Recollections of Burton Spain is a must read)

JV

Jay appreciates the old ones more than anyone I know. So the statement about the non window makes it even cooler. Pretty wild Bob Meucci was behind those veneers. Everyone likes to tear the Meucci name apart but he brought quite a few new things to the table during his early years. Very cool cue. Enjoy it!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Burton Spain started the vinyl veneers before Bob and before Viking. He did them for a few years, then Bob Meucci tried it for a while then gave up on it also.. Gordon Hart was the most successful in this and that is why there are many plastic veneer Viking cues. ( Making Blanks... the Recollections of Burton Spain is a must read)

JV

I would say that is accurate.

I personally dig they vinyl veneers. It did require some work and talent to achieve.

. And I dig the look.

The last I know to work at it was Ryan...we will see if he gets it done.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Case and Second Shaft?

Just curious, did you buy this cue with this case and only one shaft? The last time I saw this cue it had a second shaft and a different case.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
There are 2 shafts, you can see the second in the last picture, the second shaft is unplayed and looks so brand new I questioned the originality but was told it came with the cue. Not sure about the case but I think this cue has always lived in this case, I will try to verify though.

Just curious, did you buy this cue with this case and only one shaft? The last time I saw this cue it had a second shaft and a different case.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Burton Spain Wico Cue....

JV

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1059.jpg
    IMG_1059.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 200